Darren Bent signs for Spurs, £16.5m fee confirmed

Guest sicko2ndbest

Guest Bramble OG

have not read the whole thread, but have we had the spurs fans on saying that its only 1million and the 16.5million only applys once hes played 1600 games worked as the cleaner/tea lady and whatever else?....oh and that his wages are 2-3000 a week?

What exactly is there about Bent that makes him better than Defoe?

I think Bent is much more of a team player than Defoe and will score as many goals as him. Id choose Bent over Defoe but the fee Spurs are paying is rediculous, especially considering they really dont need another striker.

Would be a big fee, but any big number can be put to the media.  The true fee has to be reported to the Stock Exchange, if the true fee is big enough.

Our new #23 will be fine.

http://www.tottenhamhotspur.com/news/articles/bentannouncement290607.html

The following statement was made to the Stock Exchange this morning...

Tottenham Hotspur plc

Player Transfer

Tottenham Hotspur plc is pleased to announce that agreement has been reached with Charlton Athletic Football Club and the England player Darren Bent, age 23 years, for the transfer of his registration to Tottenham Hotspur FC for a total consideration of £16.5 million (inclusive of performance related payments) payable in instalments over the next three years. The player’s contract is for a period of up to six years.

Tut tut, it seems Spurs are lying to the Stock exchange as well as the press about this transfer fee, but we know the TRUTH  :coolsmiley:

Guest kingdawson

16.5 f****** millions?!

And thats for a team that already have 3 class strikers in Defoe, Berbatov and Keane, what the f*** are they thinking, seriously?

Shouldn't they be looking for a decent LB or RB instead of buying another overated striker for this price..

Then again, its the Spuds, they thought Mido is worth 6.5m :lol:

You're wrong on two counts.

1) We have Bale, lee, and ekotto for the lb spot which is more then enough. Chimbonda and stalteri for the right back spot which again is good enough.

2) Mido was bought for £4 million.

16.5 f****** millions?!

And thats for a team that already have 3 class strikers in Defoe, Berbatov and Keane, what the f*** are they thinking, seriously?

Shouldn't they be looking for a decent LB or RB instead of buying another overated striker for this price..

Then again, its the Spuds, they thought Mido is worth 6.5m :lol:

You're wrong on two counts.

1) We have Bale, lee, and ekotto for the lb spot which is more then enough. Chimbonda and stalteri for the right back spot which again is good enough.

2) Mido was bought for £4 million.

You honestly think all  those names (Bale aside, never seen the lad play before) are going to help you reach your targted "top 4" position?

Got any source for the Mido deal?

Guest optimistic nit

still. you could have got tevez and had 1/2 a million to spare. or gudjonsen, and have 8million to spare :lol:

Guest king harry

Darren Bent - 3 international appearances, no goals. £16.5m

Miroslav Klose - One World Cup Golden boot. £10m

bent is 22, klose is 29, but id of still took klose at 29 for 10 million

Guest king harry

That is truly ridiculous.  I quite fancied him at about £9/10 million, but even that i thought may be a bit overpriced!  And spurs too - you'd maybe expect it from west ham or someone - but £16million!

Makes owen seem like a right bargain at the £17 million we paid, never mind £9million

I think he is overpriced, but i would put money on it that he scores more goals for spurs, than owen does for newcastle. If i was a spurs fan, given a straight choice id have bent over carrick 7 days a week.

That is truly ridiculous.  I quite fancied him at about £9/10 million, but even that i thought may be a bit overpriced!  And spurs too - you'd maybe expect it from west ham or someone - but £16million!

Makes owen seem like a right bargain at the £17 million we paid, never mind £9million

I think he is overpriced, but i would put money on it that he scores more goals for spurs, than owen does for newcastle. If i was a spurs fan, given a straight choice id have bent over carrick 7 days a week.

I know it's childish.... ;D

:lol:

Forgetting my Newcastle bias, it's gonna be amazing seeing Berbatov and Bent play up front next season. Could be one of the most lethal strikeforces in the Premiership.

Guest redmayne

seems ridiculous for bent

what has he ever achieved ?

tevez is a class above and henry has gone for 16 mill

seems way over odds but looks like west ham have pushed the fee up for spuds...

hope we dont get in a bidding war for that kind of money for players

although for tevez i'd pay 20+

Guest optimistic nit

:lol:

I know it's been done but  bluelaugh.gif  bluelaugh.gif  bluelaugh.gif  bluelaugh.gif

FFS! 16,5 mil for Bent, now thats overpricing!

For that kind of money they could have made better buys to make their squad better. Theyve got Berbatov, Keane, Defoe shouldnt they go for central defenders and midfielders??

Guest kingdawson

For that kind of money they could have made better buys to make their squad better. Theyve got Berbatov, Keane, Defoe shouldnt they go for central defenders and midfielders??

Apparantly Kaboul is more or less signed (would have prefered Davies tbh), making that King, Dawson,Kaboul and Rocha at Centre back so i dont think we need any more defenders.

Left mid and possibly dm is the positions that we probably need to strengthen.

Apparantly Kaboul is more or less signed (would have prefered Davies tbh), making that King, Dawson,Kaboul and Rocha at Centre back so i dont think we need any more defenders.

So KD is £16.5m a stupid fee or not?

Guest kingdawson

So KD is £16.5m a stupid fee or not?

overpriced Yes.

Guest samtoonarmy

Darren Bent isn't worth £16.5m. Henry's fee was £16m and thats even higher than Darren Bent. No way he is worth that much - I would value him at around £10m. But its just Charlton wanting such a high price because they need to build a squad to get them promoted.