Geremi gets work permit, Officially signs - .cock

bodson

In this country he won't get a better club so I would think we are favourites. If he signed for any other British club it would be no big loss as it would show his motivation is lacking.

SAM Allardyce has revealed he is interested in signing Chelsea star Geremi.

Speaking at the club's official announcement at St. James' Park to celebrate a new partnership with beer giants Carling, Sam said: "Geremi is something we would like to pursue, but many other clubs in the Premier League will be doing exactly the same thing as Newcastle.

"Hopefully we can persuade him - if we get the opportunity - to join this football club and not the others who will be chasing him as well as us.

"It is a long way from done, but there is an interest there and hopefully we can progress it over the next few days."

Thursday also brought fresh speculation linking Arsenal with a move for Obafemi Martins, and Sam added: "All I can say from the club's point of view and mine is that it is only speculation because we have had no official contact from anybody at Arsenal at the moment.

"Everybody knows about the clause situation he has - that leaves us in a very poor position as a football club.

"We have got the player contracted, it does not mean we have got the player and we can decide if we want to sell him or not because there is a get-out clause in that contract.

"We are left in a very precarious position regarding that. All the speculation that is flying around is difficult to cope with, but it is something we will have to try to find out over the next few days.

"When Oba comes back, we will sit down and say 'what exactly is the situation?' and if he has any problems, try to resolve them and hopefully persuade him Newcastle is the place for him next season."

.cock

Laughable that that's up and still no mention of Rozehnal.

Yep, even Sams confirmed he's signed on SSN

Really? What did he say?

We're getting an experiences CB, speaks 4 languages, widely regarded as a very good defender, top bloke etc

Guest newcastle4life

Woule be a good signing and a bargain for nothing which is something Big sam is good at dont always have to waste huge amounts of money like previous managers have done.

Wouldn't be suprised if we were after him.

There's no rumours but he seems a very Moyes-like signing with his versatility, he also made a comment about players from the top 4 at the start of the summer and if he's free then that's great because we're supposedly skint.

Just been on Sky Sports News

Someone has left Middlesborough and is expected to join us.

Didn't catch their name though, as I was half reading a magazine and hadn't really been listening.

Can someone confirm?

More shortly they said.

They were talking about Boro players who were not getting new contracts at the time, which was why I wasn't really listening.

Porrit was refusing a new deal last i heard.

Toon fan isn't he?  :undecided:

Guest eyeball_tickler

i remember reading recently porritt couldnt join liverpool or chelsea because of the panorama thing.

Guest sicko2ndbest

They were on about Geremi. Southgate said he wouldn't be going back to Boro.

Toon v Villa then!

Guest sicko2ndbest

Southgate mulling over Steinsson bid

Middlesbrough boss Gareth Southgate has confirmed his interest in signing AZ Alkmaar and Iceland defender Gretar Steinsson.

Southgate is looking for cover at right-back following the departures of Abel Xavier and Stuart Parnaby and a serious injury to Tony McMahon.

Steinsson has been rumoured to be on Southgate's radar and the Boro boss has now revealed the 25-year-old is one of several players he is currently monitoring.

"He's one of a number of players we've watched but we haven't got any bids in as yet for anyone in that position," Southgate told Boro's official website.

"Having lost Abel Xavier and Stuart Parnaby, right-back is certainly one position we're looking at because Tony McMahon is still recovering from a broken leg.

"We've got young players we can look at in pre-season. But we'd like a bit of experience there and we need competition for places everywhere."

Meanwhile, Southgate has insisted recent signing Tucay Sanli will not be joined at the Riverside by Turkey team-mate Gokdeniz Karadeniz.

The Trabzonspor star has been linked with Boro in recent weeks.

Southgate also confirmed Cameroon midfielder Geremi would not be returning to the club. He is expected to join Newcastle from Chelsea, although Aston Villa are reportedly also keen.

Southgate also confirmed Cameroon midfielder Geremi would not be returning to the club. He is expected to join Newcastle from Chelsea, although Aston Villa are reportedly also keen.

I suspect this is press conjecture. Fucking annoying but MON seems to have a policy of not letting a whiff of transfers appear before they're signed and in the shirt (witness Carew appearing from nowhere in January). I know this is the sensible way to do it, but it is fucking annoying.

We let Aaron Hughes go last week (ha, that sounds like it was reluctant) leaving the possibly-never-playing-again Mark Delaney as our only right back.

This for me suggests he's already got a replacement sewn up, rather than about to get into a tug of war style situation where we may end up without a RB.