Wenger reportedly wants Oba for 13 million according to Sun.

madras

Guest Alan Shearer 9

sell, Get Gudjonsen for 8, BOOM SHAKA LAKA. Who said the standard of the forum was going down>?

the sun......wenger wants oba in

anyone really that miffed under the present circumstances ?

Depends. If we lose Owen as well it'd be a big problem.

We've already got to replace a whole defence, replacing the strike force as well would leave us with more than half a team trying to settle in.

I really like Oba and want us to keep him even though £13m represents a good fee and a tidy profit. It all depends whether we have the patience to nurture his talents. Wenger probably does.

Guest Alan Shearer 9

I'd rip their fucking arms off.

tbh I think that sort of behaviour would scupper any possible deal between the two

Thought this might happen tbh. Henry was under-appreciated before he went to Arsenal. And he hadn't scored 17 goals in his first season in English football then either.

Am holding my breath tbh.

Would be really disappointed if he did leave.

Why?? He can't pass, control a ball or shoot with finesse. He has pace but doesn't use it wisely, never makes top quality strikers runs in the box and his only real asset is smacking the ball as hard as he can and hoping.

Martins is the sort of player who will never fulfill his potential with us, so I can see why he would want to go.

Plus the added factors of, the extra money, bigger name team, non long ball football, Champions League,  London etc...

Am holding my breath tbh.

Would be really disappointed if he did leave.

Even if the end product was Baines & Gudjohnsen for the same price?

Yep.

Keep Martins/Buy Baines

is a better deal than...

Sell Martins/Buy Baines and Gudjohnsn

For me. Plus, the chances are that in a couple of seasons, we could get even more for Martins, if we're being cynical. We've got the coaching now to nurture an already very decent player. Absolutely no need to sell him whatsoever.

PS - CALLING DAVE - Can we have a thread merge please?

Viduka has filled the goals that Oba will not score for us if he moves on.  It's all about cover for Owen, which is likely to be needed as the chap will get injured.

£13million + £10million comp means that we will have good cash to get another striker.

Thing about Oba, he can score belters, but sometimes he looks awful and loses the ball.  Seems that if the team do bad, Oba looks even worse.  Would prefer a player who would offer more complete roles in football, such as better defending or creative passing up front.  Oba is just a fast headless chicken with a wonderful strike at goal.  Good for goals, but not for the team.