Wenger reportedly wants Oba for 13 million according to Sun.

madras

I'm worried if we lose Oba we won't be able to get Gudjohnsen or whoever else to replace him. I don't see a great deal of realistic options out there to replace Martins.

Anelka surely?

In the short term wed be better off too, although itll be painful watching Martins turn into a lethal forward.

I can't believe that everyone spent the early hours of this morning arguing about pay packets exaggerrated by the London press who feel the need to justify the fact that good players play for us.

IIRC, Martins' wage is around £40,000 p/w which was a huge increase from the £12,000 p/w he got at Inter. I'd heard that we signed him when we discovered we could pay him less than other targets.

And Owen is also meant to be closer to £80k than £100k

Oba wants wages close to Owens???

Get rid pronto. The cheeky git. I love you Oba but be on your way son!

he's done more tfor this club than little mickey FFS. more than entitled tbh

That's the equivalent of saying John Barnes would have deserved the same pay as Shearer after the 1997/8 season.

except it really isn't

Neither of them deserve anything near £100,000 a week. Oba has had one decent season and Owen has been crocked the whole time he's been here. They both still have a lot to prove. Also, Oba is only asking for that because Arsenal is interested which isn't cool.

I can't believe that everyone spent the early hours of this morning arguing about pay packets exaggerrated by the London press who feel the need to justify the fact that good players play for us.

IIRC, Martins' wage is around £40,000 p/w which was a huge increase from the £12,000 p/w he got at Inter. I'd heard that we signed him when we discovered we could pay him less than other targets.

Who were we going to sign instead before we heard his wage was the lowest then?

Kuyt?  mackems.gif

Players always ask for their take home wage and not top wage, so say Owen is on £100 per week then that will be his take home pay after taxes.

Fucking hell, I get paid more than Michael Owen!!

No idea, but the name Miroslav Klose was mentioned at the time.

Players always ask for their take home wage and not top wage, so say Owen is on £100 per week then that will be his take home pay after taxes.

f****** hell, I get paid more than Michael Owen!!

:lol:

DOH!!

In which case your source wasn't making much sense.

It wasn't anything ITK, it was just something that got a mention in the media.

I suspected that's what it was. I asked on the basis that you wrote "I can't believe that everyone spent the early hours of this morning arguing about pay packets exaggerrated by the London press who feel the need to justify the fact that good players play for us." Then proceeded to introduce press speculation yourself in the next two paragraphs as justification for what you'd just said. :razz: ;)

I suspected that's what it was. I asked on the basis that you wrote "I can't believe that everyone spent the early hours of this morning arguing about pay packets exaggerrated by the London press who feel the need to justify the fact that good players play for us." Then proceeded to introduce press speculation yourself in the next two paragraphs as justification for what you'd just said. :razz: ;)

I go with what is mentioned at the time of dealings. At that point the information is pretty fresh, and journos will know various details from various sources. However, I doubt they keep databased information on the various details regarding every single player ever covered in their newspapers, thus today, they will just pluck a number out of the air which sounds right based on their prejudices regarding both club and player.

Like you just did, you mean? 

My numbers are based on memories of reports from the time. I have less players to remember, so I'm more likely to be right.

:lol: That's fucking priceless mate.

Guest Dr. Pongle

Arsenal will go down next season :celb:

Hmmm, i think that just makes everything you ever say again to be taken as bull shit if thats ur honest opinion

Press Ctrl + W please, thanks.

Arsenal will go down next season :celb:

Hmmm, i think that just makes everything you ever say again to be taken as bull shit if thats ur honest opinion

You don't really think that's his honest opinion do you?

I really don't think Oba will go! He's not a mercenary, and why go to f****** goon land when they are looking like the new us!

SA want's to keep him and use him in the same role as Diouf at Bolton on the left or right of a 4-3-3

Because lets face it he's a strong t***, so I hope he stays for that type of role. 

Guest Invicta_Toon

I really don't think Oba will go! He's not a mercenary, and why go to f****** goon land when they are looking like the new us!

SA want's to keep him and use him in the same role as Diouf at Bolton on the left or right of a 4-3-3

Because lets face it he's a strong t***, so I hope he stays for that type of role. 

I've just remembered why I laughed out loud the last time you called me an idiot

Its the Independent reporting that they expect Arsenal to make a £13mill bid for Martins this week and that he has told them he will want a wage of £60 grand per week. But if they have not made the bid then how can they talk to  Martins to find out his wage demand????