Edmilson agrees move to NUFC. Or not? - SSN

magorific

Guest Deep456

An injured player who is two weeks away from his 31st Birthday and is out for possibly 4 months shouldn't even be mentioned as a possible target, this is madness.  He's had at least two serious knee injuries so far, I doubt he's going to get stronger with age, if anything, he'll go the other way.

Could he pass a medical?

I suppose he could if we've got the same people carrying them out.

Exactly, by the time he comes back he's halfway to being 32.

He's 16? Anyway, if Edmilson comes here I think he will be a success under Allardyce and to date I've never been wrong about anything

Peter Damage?

Guest Alan Shearer 9

You're questioning my record on the one thing that is beyond doubt unquestionable; Ramage is shit!

The Times reckon Barca want £3.3M for Edmilson. So much for the 'nominal fee' Anal Oliver talked about!

Allardyce’s initial target was Edmilson, the versatile Brazil player, and having received encouragement from the World Cup winner, a Newcastle delegation will resume talks with Barcelona today. Complications include the knee injury that will enforce the 30-year-old’s absence for up to six months, his £80,000-a-week wage and Barcelona’s demand for a fee of €5 million (£3.3 million).

They're taking the p!ss.

Sounds like were about to have a very lucky escape.

I wouldn't bet on it sounds like we want him, and to be honest he'll have signed this time next week

Na, i reckon this one is dead in the water now, especially after a fee is being talked about.

But you never know, the fee's, injuries and the player himself just all adds up to a big no for me. I can't believe were pursuing this anymore.

Sounds like were about to have a very lucky escape.

I wouldn't bet on it sounds like we want him, and to be honest he'll have signed this time next week

Na, i reckon this one is dead in the water now, especially after a fee is being talked about.

But you never know, the fee's, injuries and the player himself just all adds up to a big no for me. I can't believe were pursuing this anymore.

Hmmm ... not so sure it's dead though especially as the player is happy to come to us and apparently Sam was very impressed by him as an individual and not just a footballer.

Well probably end up paying £1million or something.

So IF we pay £3.3M to get him in pay him 80K a week and he's out for 6 months then we could be looking at shelling out more than £5m before he's kicked a ball. You'd think we were signing the next Maradona the way we're jumping through hoops to get him.

Hopefully Sam will see common sense and let this one go. There are loads of alternatives out there, we don't need to bend over backwards just to get a big name in, it's a bit desperate.

Marquez is just as comfortable playing in DM than he is at CB.

I'm aware of that, but fact is, he is a CB and still played ahead of him.

Aye because Edmilson is strictly a DM!

Marquez is just as comfortable playing in DM than he is at CB.

I'm aware of that, but fact is, he is a CB and still played ahead of him.

Aye because Edmilson is strictly a DM!

He is a CB who cannot defend properly, therefore the only place he can play without costing goals is further forward.

About half of wages involving Newcastle players is made up and over exaggerated.

Owen's £100,000 a week is actually £80,000

Dyer's £80,000 is actually £60,000

Babayaro's £50,000 is actually £25,000

So don't judge wages on what the media say.

About half of wages involving Newcastle players is made up and over exaggerated.

All still vastly over paid.

Source please.

All I'm saying is that we cant complain about a players wages until we hear some reliable estimates on the actual pay package.

Source please.

Club records, Chronicle, Times, Guardian.

I've provided the source on Babayaro so many times to you, totally ignored, that it is not worth taking the time to find it again.

All I'm saying is that we cant complain about a players wages until we hear some reliable estimates on the actual pay package.

I've got it from a good private source that Dyer is on £65kpw after Souness gave him his new deal.

That's about £35kpw too much imo.

Source please.

Club records, Chronicle, Times, Guardian.

I've provided the source on Babayaro so many times to you, totally ignored, that it is not worth taking the time to find it again.

Are the Chronicle, Times and Guardian not classed as the media?

I've got it from a good private source that Dyer is on £65kpw after Souness gave him his new deal.

Considering the insurers pay out when he is injured, I'd say that what he has provided us when fit has probably been worth the £60K-65K a week.

Considering the insurers pay out when he is injured, I'd say that what he has provided us when fit has probably been worth the £60K-65K a week.

He has insured to pay himself a further 50% more for when he's injured.

He makes more money on the sidelines.

Worth £65kpw this season? Fuk off man, and this was a good season for him.