World class Signing

Dokko
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Scenario time. SA has done all his shopping (so we basically have 2 players for every position already) he's brought in a squad that were all happy with, then with 10 days to go, Mike Ashley announces he wants a world class or a potential world class signing brought in, in which position would you like to see this happen?

Guest gggg

Riquelme aswell. People say he's too slow but nobody would be able to get the ball off him anyway, he'd run the big 4 ragged aswell as the rest of the league. He's got more creativity in him than our whole squad and he pops up with plenty of goals.

I'd be happy with 4 solid players at the back but we need some creativity upfront which has been just as bad as our defence.

i made the same thread to all intents and purposes a few days back and got slated, everyone just said "get the defence sorted first"

anyhow for me attacking mid/striker - tevez, break the bank

Its the way i set them out tbf.  O0

When did we last have a world class defender?

DC please...

i'd rather run before we can jump in that respect - get in a solid group of defenders and build a settled, competent defence that isn't under massive pressure to succeed and only concede 10 goals all season

once we get a defence that's well drilled and doesn't fall on it's arse at the crucial moment in games we can then think about blowing our wads on ultra expensive world class defenders

there'd be nothing worse for me than to blow 20m on a defender, the pressure on the lad would be intolerable

20m on tevez or whatever he'd cost would be a better bet, at this stage of the rebuilding process

Guest Gemmill

In this scenario, Allardyce should be telling Ashley that he's happy with his squad, and he can stick his world class player up his arse.  We don't want to set off down this road again where we've got someone meddling in transfers.

Guest icemanblue

In this scenario, Allardyce should be telling Ashley that he's happy with his squad, and he can stick his world class player up his arse.  We don't want to set off down this road again where we've got someone meddling in transfers.

This-o-rama.

Guest microbar

Build a time machine, go back to 1972 and bring Tony Green back.

The best midfielder to grace Tyneside ever.

Guest Johan

Signing Deco would mean 4-5-1 for sure though? Or can someone see him playing as one of two in center midfield?