2008-9 TV fixtures talk (Page 5)

Crumpy Gunt

So are we allowed to post the list of Sky fixtures here or is it the same deal as the full fixtures?

A 'fixture list' is the same as a 'list of fixtures' I guess. Best not to.  :thup:

I'm not sure that it would be a fixture list, more like an advert for Sky I would have thought.

wouldnt be suprised if we aren't on the box much as it is based on position in the league from last season i believe plus we are 'another midtable team' so to speak.

"As the Premiership fixtures lists for the 2007/08 season are released within the coming week, can everyone please remember that posting fixtures lists on the forum can potentially result in the site being shut down, and will therefore result in an immediate two week ban from the forum for the responsible user, without exception.

Fixtures lists are copyrighted property of the FA and Football DataCo. Rulings state that "no part of the Fixtures Lists may be reproduced stored or transmitted in any form without the prior written permission of Football DataCo Limited".

There are no excuses for any users who break this rule, and due to the fact that the site has been shut down in the past for this very thing, a zero-tolerance approach will be taken by all members of the moderating team. Please do not take any risks over this issue, and do not attempt to use any work-arounds. This includes using pretend club names and/or trying to disguise the fixture list into any other form.

Thanks for your co-operation."

Is what we're told. I'm guessing the bit in bold is the key part.  :undecided:

Guest Sm1d

In the excitement of sharing this info with everyone I forgot about the fixture copyright thingy, sorted now. O0

A thousand apologies  :blush:

In the excitement of sharing this info with everyone I forgot about the fixture copyright thingy, sorted now. O0

A thousand apologies  :blush:

No harm done.  O0

Think someone seriously jumped the gun tbh. They haven't even been officially released yet and the list was speculation/bollocks anyway.  :rolleyes:

Guest LFEE

Have you also noticed that you never see Chelsea, Man U, Arsenal or Liverpool on the Monday Night Football?

Surely that is because they will be playing Tue/Wed in the champions league.... at a guess.

every week?

No...obviously...just one of the main reasons other than the obvious one which is Sky's target audience on a Wk/End for footy is greater than Monday nights hence the bigger teams kept for then. Remember when a match is televised they aren't just thinking of the UK they are sometimes thinkng more so the global audience. Hence all the money coming in to the game from Foreign TV broadcasters buying the rights and various other deals.

what a load of balls not being able to mention fixtures etc  :tickedoff:

I agree entirely but it's just the way things are I'm afraid. It's all the more annoying when there's so much enthusiasm about the place and most of us are genuinely looking forward to the matches coming up.

The reality is, however, that this place could get into an awful lot of shite if someone posted the fixtures so it's better to err on the side of caution.  :rolleyes:

I understand the frustration though.  :thup:

Guest microbar

Setanta showing us twice in august

great stuff  :celb:

Hello Setanta can i have a months free trial for august  :smiley6600:

Guest WalkervilleMag

1st home game of the season live on a saturday evening,  means a cracking day session on the lash before the game

Guest gggg

Didn't someone say 40 out of the 46 on Setanta would include the big 4?

I make that 10 out of 19 and we're on 4 times.  :thup:

Strange figures, total (Setanta and Sky) number of appearances in this first list of fixtures:

Manchester United 9

Liverpool 9

Aston Villa 8

Newcastle United 8

Sunderland 7

Tottenham Hotspur 6

Manchester City 6

Chelsea 6

Portsmouth 6

Arsenal 5

West Ham United 5

Everton 4

Fulham 4

Blackburn Rovers 4

Middlesbrough 3

Reading 3

Bolton Wanderers 3

Derby County 3

Birmingham City 3

Wigan Athletic 2

Interesting to see Arsenal with so few games, considering they're the team the neutrals apparently loved watching last year. Also suprising = Chelsea with only 6.

Guest Geordiesned

Damn, I'm going to have to miss the Bolton match. I was hoping it would be on the Sunday - I'm at a stag do in Leeds on the Saturday.

We're obviously the new sexy team, us and Villa anyway.

God knows why, considering last season every match we were in on telly was dire (Everton at home excepted).

Same as us, our game with Everton was pulsating too. :lol: