2008-9 TV fixtures talk (Page 5)

Crumpy Gunt

Guest Bramble OG

They will be waiting until everyone has booked there away travel and then change them all around :)

No excuse now, we know for sure who makes up the 20.

Waiting to see the weighting of Toon games on Sky and Setanta before deciding which package to splash the cash on

if Setanta have 46 games for the whole season it needs to be a bargain

i hope they change alot of games to a Sunday away from home so im able to go to more than last season  :D

I doubt it Kevo.We ain't in Europe.

I'll actually look foward to us playing on a saturday for once, hate sunday games.

The Champions (Man Utd) always have their game shifted to the Sunday.

I'd be surprised if we were shifted to the Sunday too. May be wrong but Sky will definitely shift the Man U game.

I've heard the first live game is Villa v Liverpool at 12.45 on the opening day.

Sounds good  :thup:

Nah, sounds bad to me, I was looking forward to a lunchtime session THEN the match, not the other way around.

Still, better than not starting till the Sunday or the Monday.

Wouldn't be surprised if we were the 1.30 Sunday game and Man Utd were the 4.00 Sunday game.

Do they normally show 2 games on the Sunday or botlick the Champs and give them the full works on opening weekend?

Wouldn't be surprised if we were the 1.30 Sunday game and Man Utd were the 4.00 Sunday game.

Do they normally show 2 games on the Sunday or botlick the Champs and give them the full works on opening weekend?

2 games from what I remember.  The year we lost down at Highbury, Chelsea beat Wigan straight after, and last year they had Man Utd and Chelsea on the Sunday.

2 games from what I remember.  The year we lost down at Highbury, Chelsea beat Wigan straight after, and last year they had Man Utd and Chelsea on the Sunday.

In that case I'd suspect we'd be a good choice for the opening game before Man U @ 4. Looking at the other fixtures, ours is the only one that stands out as being vaguely interesting for the neutral. (Big Sam going back to Bolton blah blah blah.....)

Cheers PM.  :thup:

Yea it was Manu v Fulham then Chelsea v Man City i think. Didnt they show a Liverpool game aswell? The game when Gerrard dived and got a pen

Aye, Liverpool were the 1st 12.45 game last season vs Sheff Utd, and a couple of years ago vs Spurs.

Monday night games and Saturday evening games this season will be the sole preserve of Setanta. :(

Guest Bellers

Don't Setanta get the Saturday lunchtime or evening games as well as the Monday night games?