Would You Want a Man Like This Running Your Club

Guest nufc_geordie

Guest nufc_geordie

Thaksin Shinawatra, soon to be installed owner of Man City has a terrible reputation in Thailand where he reigned as prime minister between 2001-06. Here is a link from Amnesty International of some of the "reputed" crimes. Scroll through and find some of the topics between 2001 and 2006. They are horrendous. All I can hope for is that he fails the premier leagues fit and proper persons test and he is refused permission to own the club. Our country doesn't need people like this in it!

http://web.amnesty.org/library/eng-tha/index&start=31

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/7/79/Thaksin.jpg/190px-Thaksin.jpg

It would definitely be unfair to judge on the situation without knowing the facts. There are many considerations that we commoners are not privy too.

To be fair, Thailand would not be what it is today without Thaksin Shinawatra. Also, unfortunately, many countries are also guilty of the inconsistencies listed in the report, including the United States and the United Kingdom. All I can say is reality is cruel. Have a look at the job scopes of professionals like lawyers and accountants, and also banks and financial institutions, they all justified why reality is cruel.

I am not sure how old you are, how much you have seen or from what angle you are coming from, but the world is concerned about their bottom lines. That is a fact. Politically and from an economic point of view, Thaksin Shinawatra is a capable person.

Regarding news and reports (especially news), I usually take them with a pinch of salt. One must always consider the background situation behind the reports (the objectivity of the report, who is paying the report, prejudice of the writer, which side cannot be offended etc.) The world is about bottom lines, at the same time, relationships and politically correct and beneficial statements are also fundamentals. It is especially so at higher levels. There are many more considerations than we can imagine. Henceforth, I am often very skeptical over all these.

These are just my views on it.

Regards,

Ericz

Ericz,

Are you a Citeh fan?

Regards,

The Bonkz. 

Unfortunately, I am not very sure what a Citeh fan means.

I just happen to have very strong interests in law, politics, corporate finance, and economics, hence my opinions on this topic.

There is one more thing to bear in mind in the Manchester City's situation. That is, the soccer world is no difference from that of the commercial world nowadays. This means that it adheres to the rules of the commercial world. Sadly, profit margins / potentials are very important considerations to the game nowadays. Soccer isn't like the olden days anymore. Time have changed. Matters aren't that simple. If matters are that simple, everybody will be wealthy people now.

Regards,

Ericz

Thaksin Shinawatra, soon to be installed owner of Man City has a terrible reputation in Thailand where he reigned as prime minister between 2001-06. Here is a link from Amnesty International of some of the "reputed" crimes. Scroll through and find some of the topics between 2001 and 2006. They are horrendous. All I can hope for is that he fails the premier leagues fit and proper persons test and he is refused permission to own the club. Our country doesn't need people like this in it!

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/7/79/Thaksin.jpg/190px-Thaksin.jpg

Dr Spec is gonna give you a right spanking when he gets on.  :lol:

It would definitely be unfair to judge on the situation without knowing the facts. There are many considerations that we commoners are not privy too.

To be fair, Thailand would not be what it is today without Thaksin Shinawatra. Also, unfortunately, many countries are also guilty of the inconsistencies listed in the report, including the United States and the United Kingdom. All I can say is reality is cruel. Have a look at the job scopes of professionals like lawyers and accountants, and also banks and financial institutions, they all justified why reality is cruel.

I am not sure how old you are, how much you have seen or from what angle you are coming from, but the world is concerned about their bottom lines. That is a fact. Politically and from an economic point of view, Thaksin Shinawatra is a capable person.

Regarding news and reports (especially news), I usually take them with a pinch of salt. One must always consider the background situation behind the reports (the objectivity of the report, who is paying the report, prejudice of the writer, which side cannot be offended etc.) The world is about bottom lines, at the same time, relationships and politically correct and beneficial statements are also fundamentals. It is especially so at higher levels. There are many more considerations than we can imagine. Henceforth, I am often very skeptical over all these.

Regards,

Ericz

You would take the news reports with a pinch of salt because it suits you to do so.

You know when somebody is trying to brush something under the carpet when they start sentences such as "the world is about..."

As for Shinawatra's political and economic prowess, many people say Chile wouldn't be where it is today without Pinochet. The same sort of people who talk about "what the world is about".

wouldnt be bothered whether he was in charge or not

as long as we would win games and sign good players then it will be fine

shame city are cr*p

Dr Spec is gonna give you a right spanking when he gets on.  :lol:

Na I won't. This has obviously been done to death on the various blue parts of the interweb, no going to try and have the same argument again, I'd be more interested in just sitting and watching other people debate it, see what outsiders think. Carry on please. http://www.newcastle-online.com/nufcforum/index.php?action=dlattach;attach=3883;type=avatar

Guest colossal insight

Regards,

Ericz

Thanks for that. Good luck with your GCSE's.

Guest Dr. Pongle

A better option than Shepherd then.