What would your current first team look like?

Guest Deep456

Guest Deep456

Sigh and you just go along with the crowd. Type in Joey Barton on google and see where his natural postition is.

Love how having the same opinion as the majority is classed as going with the crowd :lol: You candle.

And he's a CM, more box to box. He can play Dm but he isn't a DM, the same way Given could play right back but he isn't one...

That's like saying I can play LB for newcastle but I don't. Your point is like saying anyone can play anywhere which is true. But my point was Joey Barton can play defensive midfielder quite well.  BTW in hinduism Deep means light so the candle theme is quite clever.

No, you said he IS a DM.

As it's his natural position. You can check like FM if you must.

Sigh and you just go along with the crowd. Type in Joey Barton on google and see where his natural postition is.

Love how having the same opinion as the majority is classed as going with the crowd :lol: You candle.

And he's a CM, more box to box. He can play Dm but he isn't a DM, the same way Given could play right back but he isn't one...

That's like saying I can play LB for newcastle but I don't. Your point is like saying anyone can play anywhere which is true. But my point was Joey Barton can play defensive midfielder quite well.  BTW in hinduism Deep means light so the candle theme is quite clever.

No, you said he IS a DM.

:-[

Given

Geremi    Taylor  Rozenhal    Duff

Butt

Milner      Emre

Owen                      Luque

Viduka

Subs: Krul, Ramage, Solano, Barton, Dyer, N'Zogbia & Martins.

No, you said he IS a DM.

He really did type that didn't he? :lol:  mackems.gif

No, you said he IS a DM.

On that note my opinion is that Joey Barton is in fact an attacking mid, box to box if you like, who has aggression and likes to tackle, nothing more than that.  O0

Guest Deep456

No, you said he IS a DM.

They don't call me the clown for nothing. What can I say I make people laugh in seconds.

Guest jamesmartinsmith

Given

Geremi    Taylor  Rozenhal    Duff

Butt

Milner      Emre

Owen                      Luque

Viduka

Subs: Krul, Ramage, Solano, Barton, Dyer, N'Zogbia & Martins.

LUQUE AHEAD OF MARTINS?!

Guest Deep456

Statistically, last season Barton was more ''attacking than Emre, Butt and Parker put together''.

http://home.skysports.com/list.aspx?hlid=470440&CPID=8&clid=4&lid=&title=The+Opta+Audit:+Joey+Barton&channel=&

Yeh but my point was mate he is a defensive midfielder. You could use Gerrard as an example Gerrard can play on the right used often there but is CM. Similarly Joey can also attack and score goals but is a DCM. But Joey it's slightly different.

Statistically, last season Barton was more ''attacking than Emre, Butt and Parker put together''.

http://home.skysports.com/list.aspx?hlid=470440&CPID=8&clid=4&lid=&title=The+Opta+Audit:+Joey+Barton&channel=&

Yeh but my point was mate he is a defensive midfielder. You could use Gerrard as an example Gerrard can play on the right used often there but is CM. Similarly Joey can also attack and score goals but is a DCM. But Joey it's slightly different.

Except that its completely the other way round. He is more attacking than he is defensive.

Guest Deep456

Except that its completely the other way round. He is more attacking than he is defensive.

TBH im not sure but I thought Barton was bought to replace Parker who is a DCM and it says he is a DCM by trade almost on 75% of sites.

LUQUE AHEAD OF MARTINS?!

On the left of a front three, yes. I want someone with intelligence, passing ability, positioning, composure; Martins possesses none of those.

TBH im not sure but I thought Barton was bought to replace Parker who is a DCM and it says he is a DCM by trade almost on 75% of sites.

Someone should have told Allardyce to load up FM!

“Joey has been among the goalscorers for Manchester City over the last two years and I felt this was the biggest area where Newcastle needed to improve having looked at the goal-scoring ratio of midfield players at this club last season,” said Allardyce

Guest ahill92

Given

Taylor    Rozenhal

Geremi                            Baba

Barton

Milner                              Emre

Owen                Martins

Viduka

Subs: Harper, Edgar, Dyer, Butt, Ameobi

LUQUE AHEAD OF MARTINS?!

On the left of a front three, yes. I want someone with intelligence, passing ability, positioning, composure; Martins possesses none of those.

Yet Luque does?

Joey Barton is not a defensive midfielder, he is a poor mans Gerrard.

FACT.

And how would you know, eh?

Support Man City or something do you?

Check FM, mate.

DM all the way!!

Guest Deep456

Joey Barton is not a defensive midfielder, he is a poor mans Gerrard.

FACT.

And how would you know, eh?

Support Man City or something do you?

Check FM, mate.

DM all the way!!

Well Newcastle aren't poor compared to Liverpool. Not as rich yes but not poor. So not a poor man's Gerrard. :lol: JOKES.

Guest jamesmartinsmith

--------------Given---------------

Geremi--Roz--Taylor--Bridge

Milner---Butt---Barton--Duff

-------Viduka---Owen-------

Don't get too ahead of yourself concerning Bridge.

Guest jamesmartinsmith

Exactly.

Guest jamesmartinsmith

LUQUE AHEAD OF MARTINS?!

Luque however, has not played first team football for two years.