Craziest Thing You've Seen At A Football Park/Match.

The Bonk

I remember seeing that, was the funniest thing ever. :lol: The fans were winding the steward up, so the steward charged at the fans, before being dragged away. He then went and sat down in the centre circle and had a good cry :lol:

Funniest thing I've ever seen just so happens to be the best goal I've ever seen 'live'...

Seaham Red Star were playing some no-marks and the Seaham striker was having a s**** day - he could barely kick in a straight line... Anyway, it was about half way through the second half, and the bloke was getting more wound up by the minute. He missed a 1-on-1 with the keeper and was running back to the centre circle - swearing as he went. The keeper then miskicked it back into play and it bounced off the back of the striker's head. He just went apeshit while the ball dropped behind him, and I swear he didn't even look, he swung his foot at the ball as hard as he could and it f****** flew into the top corner from about 30 yards out. The bloke was so angry that it could have gone anywhere, he didn't have a clue where it was going.

The best goal I've ever seen. God's honest truth.  blueyes.gif

Was it the goal when the ball was on the corner of the box and he overhead kicked it into the opposite corner and the goalie just stood still? probably a different goal i saw.

Nope. The striker just volleyed it as hard as he could as it dropped, out of sheer frustration and it happened to arrow into the top corner from about 30 yards. No skill - just sheer luck tbh.  :rolleyes:

I think most long range goals are tbh, when people watch players like Lampard or whoever hit them from 25-30 yards and it flys in the top corner, it's more clever play than skill, it's almost impossible to hit the ball that accurate so they play the percentages as their body shape won't be perfect.

You've never played the game then, right?

Funniest thing I've ever seen just so happens to be the best goal I've ever seen 'live'...

Seaham Red Star were playing some no-marks and the Seaham striker was having a s**** day - he could barely kick in a straight line... Anyway, it was about half way through the second half, and the bloke was getting more wound up by the minute. He missed a 1-on-1 with the keeper and was running back to the centre circle - swearing as he went. The keeper then miskicked it back into play and it bounced off the back of the striker's head. He just went apeshit while the ball dropped behind him, and I swear he didn't even look, he swung his foot at the ball as hard as he could and it f****** flew into the top corner from about 30 yards out. The bloke was so angry that it could have gone anywhere, he didn't have a clue where it was going.

The best goal I've ever seen. God's honest truth.  blueyes.gif

Was it the goal when the ball was on the corner of the box and he overhead kicked it into the opposite corner and the goalie just stood still? probably a different goal i saw.

Nope. The striker just volleyed it as hard as he could as it dropped, out of sheer frustration and it happened to arrow into the top corner from about 30 yards. No skill - just sheer luck tbh.  :rolleyes:

I think most long range goals are tbh, when people watch players like Lampard or whoever hit them from 25-30 yards and it flys in the top corner, it's more clever play than skill, it's almost impossible to hit the ball that accurate so they play the percentages as their body shape won't be perfect.

You've never played the game then, right?

That'd be my bet.

Sure, I suppose you need a bit of luck and not every shot from range is going to go in, but to imply its more luck than skill is absolutely ridiculous.

I remember seeing that, was the funniest thing ever. :lol: The fans were winding the steward up, so the steward charged at the fans, before being dragged away. He then went and sat down in the centre circle and had a good cry :lol:

Classic, can't make up comedy like that! 

Dichio has done quite well as has Welsh.  I reckon they've found their level.  Dichio is a Toronto FC legend, also our leading goal scorer.  Welsh scored our first goal in club history and Robinson has chipped in one as well.   I thought Dichio was from West Brom? 

Sounding good for them, I'm always interested in how former players get on, just to see if we got rid at the right time. 

Dichio was at Sunderland before going to WBA, he was never prolific but would always give it his all, and was decent enough cover to score the odd goal, although how he got in ahead of Bridges when he first came here no-one knows.  I always liked him though.

Is Welsh still wafer thin or has he bulked up a bit?  As a light breeze used to knock him over at Sunderland, still you can't expect too much for a £15k signing from Stockport. 

Guest 22bnw

I felt sick the day of that Aston Villa game. We'd gone something like nine games unbeaten. Can remember those two penalties you guys got awarded... Jesus Christ. :lol:

They weren't just unbeaten games - we'd won all nine  >:(

Another surreal event, involving one of my favourite players, although I wasn't there, was Chris Nichol (a defender) scoring all four goals in a 2-2 draw between Villa and Leicester.

Reading about that on Wiki the other day. Weird.

Another surreal event, involving one of my favourite players, although I wasn't there, was Chris Nichol (a defender) scoring all four goals in a 2-2 draw between Villa and Leicester.

Reading about that on Wiki the other day. Weird.

Scored a belting goal to win the 1977 LC final on the second replay. Good player, he was. The side Saunders built in 1977 was better than the side which won the league 3 years later, but I digress ...

.. although, having apologised for digressing, I'll point out that we won the league using just 14 players. That's another of my favourite football facts.

Anyway, sorry, as you were ...

Guest 22bnw

The craziest thing I've ever seen at a football match was Babayaro scoring for Newcastle

When?

FA Cup vs Coventry IIRC.

Yep. He did somersaults.

Guest 22bnw

What about when Laurent Robert ran round in his underpants after his last game for us? That was equally disturbing as it was crazy.

the amount of whistling, booing and people throwing themselves over the barrier to get at blackburn fans when they sang 'blackburn aces' to the tune of blaydon races at sjp, never heard so much booing and whistling ever. no-one was watching the game just the amount of riots around the away end and the coppers not knowing what to do.

Guest 22bnw

the amount of whistling, booing and people throwing themselves over the barrier to get at blackburn fans when they sang 'blackburn aces' to the tune of blaydon races at sjp, never heard so much booing and whistling ever. no-one was watching the game just the amount of riots around the away end and the coppers not knowing what to do.

aye I went a bit mad too

Anyone seen that clip where some weird dancer did some sort of performance just before kick-off in respect to Bilbao's Guerrero (I think), who'd just retired. Would have been the equivalent of Shearer standing out on the pitch in front of a full stadium before his testimonial match with the Geordie Dancer performing for him. Was surreal.

The craziest thing I've ever seen at a football match was Babayaro scoring for Newcastle

When?

FA Cup vs Coventry IIRC.

is the correct answer.

Also the only game Amady Faye played a half decent game too

Anyone seen that clip where some weird dancer did some sort of performance just before kick-off in respect to Bilbao's Guerrero (I think), who'd just retired. Would have been the equivalent of Shearer standing out on the pitch in front of a full stadium before his testimonial match with the Geordie Dancer performing for him. Was surreal.

(not a football clip)

About 55 seconds in, you can just about see the start of it...weird.

When?

FA Cup vs Coventry IIRC.

is the correct answer.

Also the only game Amady Faye played a half decent game too

What about his stonker of a pass away at Wist hyem?