**Official Fantasy Premier League 2007/08**

Guest Deep456

Good day so far apart from Cahill not playing, assist for Ronaldo who's captain and James, Distin, Ferdinand and Evra all keeping clean sheets. O0

Laursen in the Villa game and the rest play tomorrow.

WTF is going on? They have made automatic substitutions as if tomorrow games don't exist.

To true ! I've had Gerrard taken out my team for Muamba who was on my bench  :frantic:

EDIT: It's been fixed

Good day so far apart from Cahill not playing, assist for Ronaldo who's captain and James, Distin, Ferdinand and Evra all keeping clean sheets. O0

Laursen in the Villa game and the rest play tomorrow.

My defence did canny for me yesterday aswell; James, Campbell, Laursen, Vidic and Evra.

This thing is starting to feel increasingly futile for me because everyone's teams are gradually becoming the same so no matter how well I score, everyone else who's still trying will score well as well.

I might pass a few people who've stopped bothering and no longer update their teams, but I don't think I'll ever make any signifcant gains from my current position because everyone above me pretty much has 6~7 of the same players I have. (And the high scoring ones, too)

Basically everyone has Ronaldo and either Gerrard or Fabregas, and some combination of Barry/Bentley/Petrov/Elano + Maybe one low cost midfielder (usually Dempsey) and some combination of Laursen/Distin/Lescott/Ferdinand/Cambell/Vidic in the back, and either Green or James in goal. There's a bit of variation in strike forces, but that's only because they're the least efficient cost-per-points so a lot of people are willing to cut some corners.

Ultimately the game just seems to come down to who can best guess the form players of the season before it starts, since after we're a few weeks in it's dead-on easy to identify who's going to have a good year.

I mean, not that I'm expecting super-depth from a free web-based fantasy game, but still...

This thing is starting to feel increasingly futile for me because everyone's teams are gradually becoming the same so no matter how well I score, everyone else who's still trying will score well as well.

I might pass a few people who've stopped bothering and no longer update their teams, but I don't think I'll ever make any signifcant gains from my current position because everyone above me pretty much has 6~7 of the same players I have. (And the high scoring ones, too)

Basically everyone has Ronaldo and either Gerrard or Fabregas, and some combination of Barry/Bentley/Petrov/Elano + Maybe one low cost midfielder (usually Dempsey) and some combination of Laursen/Distin/Lescott/Ferdinand/Cambell/Vidic in the back, and either Green or James in goal. There's a bit of variation in strike forces, but that's only because they're the least efficient cost-per-points so a lot of people are willing to cut some corners.

Ultimately the game just seems to come down to who can best guess the form players of the season before it starts, since after we're a few weeks in it's dead-on easy to identify who's going to have a good year.

I mean, not that I'm expecting super-depth from a free web-based fantasy game, but still...

I've dropped the high quality def approach of late.

Why? Good defs cost about 2/3 what good strikers and mids do and deliever points about as if not even more consistently.

I've gone 4-5-1 because I figured shelling out on two quality strikers is  a waste of time. As efficient as good midfielders are, I'm even considering 5-4-1 since defenders are so dirt cheap.

Why? Good defs cost about 2/3 what good strikers and mids do and deliever points about as if not even more consistently.

I've gone 4-5-1 because I figured shelling out on two quality strikers is  a waste of time. As efficient as good midfielders are, I'm even considering 5-4-1 since defenders are so dirt cheap.

My god I'm truly an idiot.  :laugh:

• 4 weeks later...