Premiership to introduce Hawk-Eye Technology

NSG

Guest Dr. Pongle

its still a good thing to have in the game but it wouldnt be good if we got a goal against us for it!

[/quote

What?

its still a good thing to have in the game but it wouldnt be good if we got a goal against us for it!

Swings and roundabouts. If it's a goal, it's a goal. Doesn't matter which end it's at.

Swings and roundabouts. If it's a goal, it's a goal. Doesn't matter which end it's at.

true

Guest 22bnw

I don't think they should bring hawk-eye in...football wouldn't be as good without all the "did it cross the line arguments"

So what if sometimes you get a goal given against you when it didn't actually go in, its bloody funny when it happens in your favour.

There is so much money riding on everything in football these days that there are calls for all this technology. Lets keep the fun in it.

Its part of football the sport and entertainment, with this technology football well and truly becomes a business.

The game already has plenty of stoppages for silly reasons. Players diving and having to have treatment or be stretchered off, referees running over and discussing something hes missed with the linesman whilst everyone is waiting around, players grouping around the ref and arguing about a decision.

Adding one more that as Dragon says would only be used extremely rarely would make little difference.

Guest optimistic nit

i'm against it personally.

you use the CL and bolton/everton examples, but fact is, if these guys had managed to score just one goal then it would have made no difference. like with sheff u this season. its their own fault they were relegated or knocked out. part of the fun of the game are the bad decisions imo.

Guest 22bnw

you use the CL and bolton/everton examples, but fact is, if these guys had managed to score just one goal then it would have made no difference. like with sheff u this season. its their own fault they were relegated or knocked out. part of the fun of the game are the bad decisions imo.

Spot on

What a ridiculous thing to say. Ditto the Sheff Utd comment.

Guest optimistic nit

they are just looking for an excuse and stopping at the ref wullie.  football has bad and good decisions, and they do even themselves out. i will miss the post match banter on bad decisions if this goes ahead (we'll still have some e.g. pens, but did it cross the line is one of the best imo, to get a decent debate).

380 Premier League games a season. How many times would it need to be used to clear up any dubious goals? 10?  20?

Hardly likely to cause the disruption some fear is it?

they are just looking for an excuse and stopping at the ref wullie.  football has bad and good decisions, and they do even themselves out. i will miss the post match banter on bad decisions if this goes ahead (we'll still have some e.g. pens, but did it cross the line is one of the best imo, to get a decent debate).

You act like it happens two or three times in every game, can hardly remember any such incidents from lasts eason for us myself.

It's worth bringing in because these occasions are too rare to balance themselves out and they are so critical in a match. Also, it's a matter of fact rather than opinion so there's nothing to lose really.

If they've had a perfectly good goal ruled out, then I'd say the ref is a pretty good "excuse" don't you? What's the point in scoring this 'easy goal', as you seem to think it is, if you're not going to be allowed to have it anyway?

Don't you think the interests of fair play are a bit more important than a 'decent debate'?

You act like it happens two or three times in every game, can hardly remember any such incidents from lasts eason for us myself.

Martins vs Chelsea in the CC. Correct decision in the end, just.

Guest gggg

Hardly worth the money and effort.

And more like 4 or 5

I bet clubs who have been relegated, lost cup games etc.. think its worth the time and effort.

They should be happy with the ref and linesmans decision tbh, it's the same for both teams and you could argue with any decision.