Other clubs' transfer deadline day discussion

GeordieDazzler

good keeper from what I've heard, but 9m - thats gotta be a joke

£9m is a lot of money. His talent really is only about half of that, but Sunderland are paying double for everyone atm so Hearts will want the same.

In the exit column, Mido and Ghaly will definitely be gone, where to isn't decided yet.

Murphy - 2 small offers, Levy wants more.

Gardner - 2 offers on the table, both of which are now accepted.  Up to Snoop where he goes, medicals permitting.

Birmingham?

Guest Invicta_Toon

doubt it when you consider attitude as well as ability. MON will regret this move for the column inches it will generate

good keeper from what I've heard, but 9m - thats gotta be a joke

£9m is a lot of money. His talent really is only about half of that, but Sunderland are paying double for everyone atm so Hearts will want the same.

He will need to keep 30 clean sheets to keep them up, and give scumderland their money's worth

If you are the manager, will you rather spend nothing and buy nothing or spend over the odd and get quality (or perceived to be) players who could give you a real chance of staying up?

Sure Sunderland have spent considerably on a few players. But I don't think they are overbudget yet. If I recall correctly every team will earn 30M at least this year!? While the momentum is with them, Sunderland might as well spend all these 30M on new players. Even fi they go down they will still be secure fiscally.

More establised teams with more established players, vast contact book, vast experience might have the gut and ability to stick with current players or freebies, hoping that they could skip this crazy spending time and save it for the future. But for teams like Sunderland, Derby and Birmingham, it is now or never. Never has it been better time to spend crazily, given the guaranteed windfall they will receive.

And I think it is also extremely daft people keep comparing every transfer with the bargain in the same compartment.

Surprised there isn't a bigger club in for him. Surely someone like Villa would see him as an improvement on Sorensen?

Sorensen is solid enough - mindless flap away against Boro excepted, he pulled us out of the shit a fair few times last season.

I think he's got his eye on someone else - Gordon is supposed to be decent, but 9m for a SPL keeper is fucking nonsense.

doubt it when you consider attitude as well as ability. MON will regret this move for the column inches it will generate

Attitude? I wasn't aware he had a bad attitude - even the Spammers fans agree on this, and they're usually the first to start whingeing.

And if our manager gave a fuck about column inches, I'd suggest we got a new one. End of the day, you've got to trust your manager to get it right.

If you are the manager, will you rather spend nothing and buy nothing or spend over the odd and get quality (or perceived to be) players who could give you a real chance of staying up?

Sure Sunderland have spent considerably on a few players. But I don't think they are overbudget yet. If I recall correctly every team will earn 30M at least this year!? While the momentum is with them, Sunderland might as well spend all these 30M on new players. Even fi they go down they will still be secure fiscally.

More establised teams with more established players, vast contact book, vast experience might have the gut and ability to stick with current players or freebies, hoping that they could skip this crazy spending time and save it for the future. But for teams like Sunderland, Derby and Birmingham, it is now or never. Never has it been better time to spend crazily, given the guaranteed windfall they will receive.

And I think it is also extremely daft people keep comparing every transfer with the bargain in the same compartment.

Whilst I agree with the crux of the post, don't forget that these high value signings carry high value wages which will need to be met even if the club goes down.

its a risky approach, but probably a necessary one

City reject Besiktas offer for Darius Vassell...

:tumbleweed:

Personally I wouldn't have been that arsed if he had gone...he's a top pro but he's a bit shit. Maybe Sven thinks he can get him to play like he did for England way back when...or maybe they only offered 10p and a curly wurly...

Personally I wouldn't have been that arsed if he had gone...he's a top pro but he's a bit shit. Maybe Sven thinks he can get him to play like he did for England way back when...or maybe they only offered 10p and a curly wurly...

He's a nice lad, Darius, and a proper pro, but I have never seen a player miss one on ones with the keeper as frequently as he did.

He's a nice lad, Darius, and a proper pro, but I have never seen a player miss one on ones with the keeper as frequently as he did.

Hmm. I don't know. Darren Huckerby.  :nope:

Guest optimistic nit

thats insane. he's worth 35-40million and i just 30 minutes ago heard jose say he's going nowhere.

thats insane. he's worth 35-40million and i just 30 minutes ago heard jose say he's going nowhere.

Who Robben?  mackems.gif

I wouldn't pay more than 12m for that crocked fanny.

Regardless of how much he is worth or how good he is, is there a more punchable face in PL football than Robben's, especially when he does what whingeing look at the ref whilst looking for an unlikely free kick?

No. That's the answer/

He hasnt had a great season since 04/05 or whenever it was

These days he seems to spend half the season injured then pussys out of games as soon as he gets tackled before getting injured again.