Howay The Zog

Shak

Guest Dr. Pongle

chears jamie for pointing that out  :clap: at least someone actually knows duffs s**** and milners not

Nobody said Milner was shit.

but duff isnt as young as milner!

milner was just coming into the premiership really and duffs been in it for a long time unlike milner

My point was you described Duff as a player who doesn't have a consistant cross and uses the same trick to beat a man. That's Milner down to a nutshell!

Guest Dr. Pongle

well duff is boring to watch nearly every week for 90minutes

milner isnt

Having said that, the 10 other players who played with Duff last season were very, very entertaining.

milner was just coming into the premiership really and duffs been in it for a long time unlike milner

My point was you described Duff as a player who doesn't have a consistant cross and uses the same trick to beat a man. That's Milner down to a nutshell!

but milner delivers more perfect crosses than duff

milner can actually cross above head-height

You got stats to back that up? Or are you just saying it to back yourself up? No offence but from what I've read, you seem the type.

Guest Bellers

but milner delivers more perfect crosses than duff

milner can actually cross above head-height

Milner's very much hit and miss, the amount of times he wastes a a ball in the final third is incredible, however he has shown signs of promise and has time on his side to improve.

Duff is very much lacking in confidence, last season was an injury hit season full of consistencies, a minor blot on the map of a career full of success.

At the end of the day Milner wasn't anything special last season, but still managed to play better than Duff, the reason being? He had a long run in the team due to remaining free of injury, something Duff didn't do.

I really rate Milner (thought I better point that out because I doubt anyone would have picked up on this before) but I doubt he will ever get to the level Duff was at Blackburn. I am willing to see what Duff does in a better team and a better manager.

I really rate Milner (thought I better point that out because I doubt anyone would have picked up on this before) but I doubt he will ever get to the level Duff was at Blackburn. I am willing to see what Duff does in a better team and a better manager.

He really tore it up at Blackburn under Souness.  :o

Regarding N'Zogbia. Where did this N'Zogbia to Bolton/West Ham rumour come from? Funny to read the Bolton boards where they think that "they can do better". They have big questions about his attitude.

I knew it would not be long before the Journal picked up on this s****....

Hammers to test United hold over N’Zogbia

Jul 11 2007

by Luke Edwards, The Journal

NEWCASTLE United will resist any attempts from West Ham United to lure Charles N’Zogbia away from St James’s Park – despite the Frenchman’s troubles on Tyneside last season.

The Hammers have targeted N’Zogbia after completing the club record £7.5m signing of former United striker Craig Bellamy yesterday, but The Journal understands Sam Allardyce is not interested in allowing the young midfielder to leave the North-East. N’Zogbia lost his way last season after an impressive early impact at the club, form which once made him one of the most exciting prospects in the Premiership.

The youngster, who was linked with a move to Arsenal last year, did not enjoy a good relationship with former Newcastle manager Glenn Roeder and, with the signing of Damien Duff meaning he was no longer first choice on the left wing, his football suffered.

Indeed, after the 2-0 defeat at Portsmouth in April, Roeder hauled the winger off at half time after heavily criticising him in front of stunned team-mates in the dressing room. N’Zogbia responded by insisting he wanted to leave the club this summer. His lack of application and poor attitude came to a head on the final day of the season when he refused to be a substitute against Watford and left the ground before kick-off, only to return when he realised he did not know where he was.

However, Allardyce has been quick to establish a bond with the 21-year-old and N’Zogbia has responded positively to his man management after learning the new manager wanted him to stay. With Duff a long-term injury casualty until November, N’Zogbia will enjoy a more prominent first-team role at the start of the new season. Sources have claimed the Le Havre youth team product has looked sharp and enthusiastic during the club’s training camp in Austria this week and there have been no indications from him that he still wants to leave.

Nevertheless, West Ham are still likely to make a £4m bid in an attempt to test United’s resolve to hang on to him, as well as the player’s commitment to

staying in the North-East. The east London side – who are likely to lose midfielder Yossi Benayoun before the start of the season – have offered massive wages to lure players to Upton Park this year and will hope that will be enough to tempt N’Zogbia, who is under contract at St James’s Park until 2010, to accept a new challenge.

Meanwhile, Newcastle’s new Australian striker Mark Viduka believes the disappointing 1-1 draw with Oman in their Asian Cup opener will spur the Socceroos on to secure qualification for the next stage. The pre-tournament favourites looked on course for a shock defeat to the Gulf side, who led through a Badar Mubarak goal before Tim Cahill rescued his side late on. Australia will once again face Middle Eastern opponents when they tackle Iraq in their second game on Friday.

Viduka’s team end their group games against Thailand on Monday and know that two wins will be necessary if they are to top the pool. “We certainly didn’t want to start in that manner, with that result. But maybe we needed it to remind us that it is not that easy,” said the 31-year-old. “It could have gone very badly for us, Mark Schwarzer made some unbelievable saves and kept us in the game.”

Viduka (pictured right) ploughed a lone furrow up front against Oman throughout the first half – a role he is unlikely to adopt at United – with Harry Kewell, returning from a long-term injury, playing in a supporting role.

Consequently, chances were few and things only really improved when Socceroos veteran John Aloisi was brought on at the break to partner the Newcastle United man in attack.

“I think we all looked very comfortable when we put two strikers up front, I thought we attacked a lot better than we did in the first half,” said Viduka.

“We changed formation and went 4-4-2 with John up beside me, which made it easier as it gave the midfielders an extra man to pick out.”

---------------------------------------------------------

ARSENAL are yet to respond to reports that they are about to sign French full-back Bakary Sagna from Auxerre and allow Freddie Ljungberg to leave for Fiorentina.

Reports claim Sagna, 24, is currently in London and ready to complete a medical once the two clubs agree on a fee.

Yeah I was told he had signed a new deal already, fkn knobheads!!

He did, it was included in some report on the official site.

It was Lee Ryder from the Chron that told me. :lol:

He is meant to be here until 2009 on his current contract, I think..

On Newcastle World

Anyone have login we can ALL use for this service?

:lol:

Worth an ask I suppose :D

Someone last week was going to upload the Mort interview to YouTube but then it was on free, so there was no need.