Sunderland sign Chopra. £5m!

Mr Logic

HAHAHA I had forgot about his celebration, his head must be done in though, a return to the Prem but with the enemy. I suppose he could destroy them from the inside and get paid for it.

:lol:

Guest Bramble OG

We really should be looking to sell Ameobi, if Chopra is worth 5m Ameobi has to be worth that or more !!!

No sell on fee for ChopraJul 11 2007

By Lee Ryder, Evening Chronicle

NEWCASTLE United will not recieve a cash windfall from Michael Chopra's move from Cardiff City to Sunderland.

The £5million deal between the Bluebirds and Roy Keane's side will see Chopra return to the North-East after quitting Newcastle 12 months ago for South Wales.

But after recieving a £500,000 fee last summer for Chopra, Newcastle are not expected to get any further funds from a sell-on clause.

The situation about a sell-on fee had been unclear but a source close to Cardiff chairman Peter Ridsdale said: "The chairman made sure he settled the deal there and then with no sell on clause."

http://icnewcastle.icnetwork.co.uk/newcastleunited/chroniclesport/tm_headline=no-sell-on-fee-for-chopra%26method=full%26objectid=19440897%26siteid=50081-name_page.html

Guest Deep456

http://photos-c.ak.facebook.com/photos-ak-sf2p/v81/220/85/276702468/n276702468_558414_9208.jpg

Thats just plain sad and mean. You should be disgraced bringing world poverty into this.

Guest exilim

Thats just plain sad and mean. You should be disgraced bringing world poverty into this.

I just meant A sunny day in the land of the mackems for they signed Chopra.

Not going at the world poverty, but if you think so, i will remove it :)

Guest Invicta_Toon

i think £5million is pretty good  :laugh: we all know that chopra isnt the best of premiership players so he might not do well  ;)

has keane got a clue about signings and the amounts of money?

I bet he doesn't have as much as experience as you FM boy

I mean, he only won the Championship from being, what? 3rd from bottom, by buying/loaning about 10 players. What a fucking know-nowt cunt eh

Guest Invicta_Toon

i suppose you are mr know it all

£3million halford - who is he?

close to a £3million baird - who is he?

now £5million for chopra who isnt the best of strikers for the premiership!

money well spent? i dont think so, he hasnt exactly done well with money

I just off the phone to Keane, he said he didn't give two fucks what you think

perhaps you need an FM update tbh

Guest 22bnw

That lad is supposed to be Geordie through and through, I don't care if s*nderland are in the champions league or the championship. Remember his face when he scored past the mackems last year - now he'll be on the other side of the derby - its not right.

While on there found a thread called Sam V Roy. Most of the SAFC lot on the first page say Sam has signed better, then this kid posts

David Rozenthal V Russell Anderson (Both not proven in premiership)

Geremi V Greg Halford (Halford is the better signing here as Geremi didnt play much last season and is getting on abit)

Joey Barton V Chris Baird (Barton is A thug, end of. Baird played well in the FA cup final, he can only have improved since then)

Mark Viduka V Michael Chopra (Viduka can only show glimpses of quality that are far to rare to be a good premiership striker which is what the unwashed will be looking for, but Chopra will be the unknown player in the premiership next season having improved alot at Cardiff not many team will know what to expect.)

http://www.readytogo.net/smb/showthread.php?t=247140

Ameobi and Chopra are both s****. I hope that clears that up.

Absolutely.

But it's always nice to prove Vicster wrong. ;)

Can't we loan Shola to a Championship side then peddle him for £5million next summer?

It's difficult for Keane to attract players to Sunderland when there's so much competition from other clubs. (eg Nugent) He's having to pay a bit over the odds for a player who's not much better than the ones he's already got, but that's the position they're in.

While on there found a thread called Sam V Roy. Most of the SAFC lot on the first page say Sam has signed better, then this kid posts

Geremi V Greg Halford (Halford is the better signing here as Geremi didnt play much last season and is getting on abit)

Joey Barton V Chris Baird (Barton is A thug, end of. Baird played well in the FA cup final, he can only have improved since then)

Mark Viduka V Michael Chopra (Viduka can only show glimpses of quality that are far to rare to be a good premiership striker which is what the unwashed will be looking for, but Chopra will be the unknown player in the premiership next season having improved alot at Cardiff not many team will know what to expect.)

And Halford did for Reading? :lol:

tbf to Halford he did have to fight for his place with de la Cruz :lol:

Was about to copy+paste the above myself. Greg Halford a better signing than Geremi? Jesus fucking wept :lol: