Tonights Chronicle: 'Beye bid', and 'Sheva swoop! (but in ice hockey)

Guest hindu times

Guest hindu times

The two bid toon headlines are:

"Big Sam Bid to Buy Beye"

and

"Sheva heads for the Toon"

Discuss.

Links to stories will follow.

The two bid toon headlines are:

"Big Sam Bid to Buy Beye"

and

"Sheva heads for the Toon"

Discuss.

Links to stories will follow.

This is getting more mental by the day.

mackems.gif mackems.gif mackems.gif mackems.gif mackems.gif mackems.gif

Thats it I am off again, its just getting fkn stupid now, be back when an aactul signing happens.............

Probably bollocks all to the story but, just to indulge the fantasy, IMO, Shevchenko would be an incredible signing for the right price.  Once he regains his confidence, he will show how good he is again.  And how good he is is one of the best strikers in the World.

Probably bollocks all to the story but, just to indulge the fantasy, IMO, Shevchenko would be an incredible signing for the right price.  Once he regains his confidence, he will show how good he is again.  And how good he is is one of the best strikers in the World.

Can't believe you're actually thinking about it. Come to think about it, for a decent fee I wouldn't mind Messi.

No way in hell we are in for him or Chelsea would let him go.

They bought him for £30m a season ago, not even Chelsea will be willing to make a huge lost on a player they only bought a season ago, and if we bid even close to £20m we'd be daft.

Its about fkn ice hockey!!!

Sheva heads for the Toon

Jul 10 2007

by Lee Ryder, Evening Chronicle

NEWCASTLE Vipers pulled off the signing of a famous name today, with Rob Wilson hoping his new Ukrainian ace can have a similar affect as his namesake in the football world.

The name Shevchenko will be on the back of a Newcastle shirt this season. However, it is not the fans at St James’ Park who will see the man play.

Instead it is Aleksandr Shevchenko, a 23-year-old winger from Kiev, who has completed a move to the Mobilx club ahead of the Elite League season which starts in September.

Vipers player-coach Rob Wilson has now completed his forward lines with the capture of 6ft Ukrainian, and Shevchenko is pencilled in to be alongside compatriot Sergiy Rublivsky and GB international Colin Shields on the club's second line.

Wilson said today: “I have been looking for a winger who is a powerful skater, who goes to the net, causes opposing defence problems and whose style of play fits in with the Elite League.

“Aleksandr ticks all the boxes in that respect.

“Just as importantly he is looking to develop his career by moving to the UK with the Vipers.

“We have more or less had the deal agreed for a while but we had to wait until the transfer window opened in the Belarus League, which was on July 4.

“The paperwork was completed pretty quickly and I am delighted he has joined the Vipers.”

Shevchenko has under-18 honours for Ukraine and has spent his career with teams in his hometown of Kiev. The exception was a season in the Ontario Hockey League with Sudbury Wolves and Windsor Spitfires in 2002-3.

Wilson had taken plenty of references on the player before committing to someone completely new the UK hockey scene.

Wilson added: “I have spoken at some length with our other Ukrainian players, Pavel Gomenyuk and Sergiy Rublivsky, as well as Slava Koulikov, who acts as a link with Ukrainian players coming to this country.

“They all rate Aleksandr very highly and think he will surprise a lot of people.

“The Belarus League is of a very high standard and is played with a lot of speed and skill.

“I am confident Aleksandr will adapt to the Elite League very quickly and be a major asset on the second line.”

“After last season I promised this year’s team will be built around speed, skill and offence.

“Our top two lines now are looking very mobile with the added punch of an effective third unit.

“I am very pleased with the way the team is coming together and will now concentrate on completing the import line-up with two defencemen and a goalie.”

Slava Koulikov, who along with his father, has brought several Ukrainian players to the UK, including the Vipers’ pair of Pavel Gomenyuk and Sergiy Rublivsky, says: “Aleksandr is a great signing for the Vipers.

“His overall game is very good and he will bring an all-action style to the Elite League.

“He has played in the Belarus League which is a very well-respected League in Eastern Europe and he has the ability to be a big hit in the UK and with the Vipers fans.”

Those Vipers fans will get their first chance to see Shevchenko and his team-mates in action on Sunday, September 2, when the Mobilx Vipers host Coventry Blaze in the second of two challenge matches.

The teams meet in Coventry on Saturday, September 1. The home game at Metro Radio Arena faces off at 5.30.

Its about fkn ice hockey!!!

Sheva heads for the Toon

Jul 10 2007

NEWCASTLE Vipers pulled off the signing of a famous name today, with Rob Wilson hoping his new Ukrainian ace can have a similar affect as his namesake in the football world.

The name Shevchenko will be on the back of a Newcastle shirt this season. However, it is not the fans at St James Park who will see the man play.

Instead it is Aleksandr Shevchenko, a 23-year-old winger from Kiev, who has completed a move to the Mobilx club ahead of the Elite League season which starts in September.

Vipers player-coach Rob Wilson has now completed his forward lines with the capture of 6ft Ukrainian, and Shevchenko is pencilled in to be alongside compatriot Sergiy Rublivsky and GB international Colin Shields on the club's second line.

Wilson said today: I have been looking for a winger who is a powerful skater, who goes to the net, causes opposing defence problems and whose style of play fits in with the Elite League.

Aleksandr ticks all the boxes in that respect.

Just as importantly he is looking to develop his career by moving to the UK with the Vipers.

We have more or less had the deal agreed for a while but we had to wait until the transfer window opened in the Belarus League, which was on July 4.

The paperwork was completed pretty quickly and I am delighted he has joined the Vipers.

Shevchenko has under-18 honours for Ukraine and has spent his career with teams in his hometown of Kiev. The exception was a season in the Ontario Hockey League with Sudbury Wolves and Windsor Spitfires in 2002-3.

Wilson had taken plenty of references on the player before committing to someone completely new the UK hockey scene.

Wilson added: I have spoken at some length with our other Ukrainian players, Pavel Gomenyuk and Sergiy Rublivsky, as well as Slava Koulikov, who acts as a link with Ukrainian players coming to this country.

They all rate Aleksandr very highly and think he will surprise a lot of people.

The Belarus League is of a very high standard and is played with a lot of speed and skill.

I am confident Aleksandr will adapt to the Elite League very quickly and be a major asset on the second line.

After last season I promised this years team will be built around speed, skill and offence.

Our top two lines now are looking very mobile with the added punch of an effective third unit.

I am very pleased with the way the team is coming together and will now concentrate on completing the import line-up with two defencemen and a goalie.

Slava Koulikov, who along with his father, has brought several Ukrainian players to the UK, including the Vipers pair of Pavel Gomenyuk and Sergiy Rublivsky, says: Aleksandr is a great signing for the Vipers.

His overall game is very good and he will bring an all-action style to the Elite League.

He has played in the Belarus League which is a very well-respected League in Eastern Europe and he has the ability to be a big hit in the UK and with the Vipers fans.

Those Vipers fans will get their first chance to see Shevchenko and his team-mates in action on Sunday, September 2, when the Mobilx Vipers host Coventry Blaze in the second of two challenge matches.

The teams meet in Coventry on Saturday, September 1. The home game at Metro Radio Arena faces off at 5.30.

THANK FUCK FOR THAT

Do you think he'll form a good partnership with Eto'o?

As long as Raul, Deco and Kaka can agree to adapt to new positions, I don't see why Eto'o, Shevchenko and Adriano can't work together up front effectively for us

Do you think he'll form a good partnership with Eto'o?

As long as Raul, Deco and Kaka can agree to adapt to new positions, I don't see why Eto'o, Shevchenko and Adriano can't work together up front effectively for us

O0

Can't believe you're actually thinking about it. Come to think about it, for a decent fee I wouldn't mind Messi.

I was told by someone who apparently knows someone at the club to expect one massive signing.  I'm not saying that to be big and clever or anything, and certainly not claiming to know anymore than anyone else but I'm just gullible enough to believe him.  As it is, I'm indulging every fantasy that comes up. 

Of all the really big players in the World, Sheva is the one that had a poor season last year and is at a club with a high turnover of players and a manager who doesn't seem to want him.  That makes him more likely to fit the bill than most.

Skirge, have you got a link for the Chronicles version of the Beye story?

No its not on there yet..

Chronicle back page

"Big Sam to Bid Buy Beye"

:lol:

Its showing up under Chronicle live but when you click to read the story you get yesterdays story still..

Big Sam bid to buy Beye

Jul 10 2007

SAM ALLARDYCE was today believed to be in talks with French giants Marseille in a bid to sign their skipper Habib Beye.

The Paris-born player is thought to be settled in France but Allardyce is confident of selling him the idea of moving to Tyneside as he looks to make his fifth signing of the summer.

United would love to attract Argentina international Gabriel Heinze to St James’ Park but the capture of Beye seems to a much more realistic bet for Big Sam.

The Toon boss is no longer with his players and backroom staff after leaving their Stegersbach base over the weekend to concentrate on player recruitment, with Senegal international full-back Beye the defender Allardyce is so keen on signing.

Right-back Beye, who is back from holiday, played against United in the 2004 UEFA Cup semi-final.

United deputy chairman Chris Mort today confirmed that Allardyce was ready to sign more “established players” to improve the Magpies’ much-maligned defence.

Mort is fronting United at boardroom level and re-iterated today that cash is readily available now for Big Sam to continue his work in the transfer market.

United, of course, have already added versatile Cameroon international Geremi to their squad as well as Czech centre-back David Rozehnal.

But the Chronicle revealed last Wednesday that up to three more defenders remain at the top of Big Sam’s priority list.

Allardyce has been working around the clock on further transfers and spent much of his time in the club’s Austrian boot camp last week conducting negotiations over the phone before leaving United’s training base yesterday.

Mort told the Chronicle today: “I think Sam felt that we needed established players and we have strengthened the defence which is the area we need to work on.

“The ideal club will continue to develop and work in the transfer market.

“We have already brought in four big players and there is more money available.

“Sam and I have spoke about areas we will improve which is what we will try to do.”

Talk in football over the last few days has been that United are ready to sign Deco from Barcelona, with the player out of favour at the Nou Camp.

However, any interest from St James’ Park in the Portuguese midfielder will take a backseat while they are in the hunt for defenders.

And although that Deco looks to have been offered to United by the Catalan club, his name has also been bandied around other top clubs in Europe, with Barca desperate to offload him.

The player oozes class when he is in top form, but Barca’s desperate attempts to get rid have actually been ridiculed by Spanish journalists.

And Allardyce will continue to strive to make sure his defence is in the best possible shape before the current transfer window closes on August 31.

United are expected to complete the signing of World Cup winner Edmilson in the January transfer window, but Mort is confident that more good work from Allardyce will come before the end of August.