Heinze or Riise?

Newcastle Fan
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

What is the fucking point of having a 'neither' option? :lol: "Nah, neither - i'd rather have Ashley Cole or summat."

Riise.

That probably is the point, actually! Be a bit boring if it was simply people picking either Riise or Heinze without any discussion, plenty of people have said they'd rather we went for someone else (Bridge mainly)! I know the thread's title makes it seem really streamlined but you've got to allow for some wiggle-room where a topic is concerned.

You can bet if the "Neither" option wasn't there someone would have said: "where's the 'Neither' option!?"

Contrary bastards, the lot of you. ;D

We'd be absolutely signing with either of those two, both a big step up from what Baines or Shorey would bring if we went for them.

I'd just prefer Heinze myself, better defensively and would add some much needed bite to the team.

We'd be absolutely signing with either of those two, both a big step up from what Baines or Shorey would bring if we went for them.

I'd just prefer Heinze myself, better defensively and would add some much needed bite to the team.

A big step up in name or quality?

Quality, particularly in the case of Shorey.

Heinze no doubt.

If we want long rasping shots but a dodgy left back buy Baines, although the former is alot more solid at Left back then Riise is.

Heinze should hopefully get back to his best next season with a run in the side, and could also cover us in the centre if short.

Buy Heinze and Baines for me.

I'm not sure that's the case mate, as I've said Heinze has been poor since he came back from injury and we'd be signing him in the hope that he's going to become the player he once was again, that's exactly what we done with Carr and look how that turned out.

I'm not sure of Shorey as a player, he was excellent last season but at his age it could well be a one off, on the other hand he could be like Chimbonda and be a top player who took a while to develop and get noticed.

I'm not sure that's the case mate, as I've said Heinze has been poor since he came back from injury and we'd be signing him in the hope that he's going to become the player he once was again, that's exactly what we done with Carr and look how that turned out.

I'm not sure of Shorey as a player, he was excellent last season but at his age it could well be a one off, on the other hand he could be like Chimbonda and be a top player who took a while to develop and get noticed.

Fully expect Shorey to be a one-season wonder myself. Reckon I'd take Bridge ahead of any of them, least question marks over him.

I expect Heinze to do well if he gets a change of scenery and a gauranteed first team spot again, as losing his place to Evra while injured seems to have unsettled him.

I voted for Riise, by the way. Just.

I haven't seen a jot of Heinze in the Copa America but he was fairly atrocious when I saw him last season for Manchester United. On the other hand, I've always been a big fan of Riise and as someone who saw Liverpool plenty last season I'm not sure if he's as poor a defender as he's being made out to be by some.

Also, I did see him put in plenty of crosses as well, lots of them were exceptional.

Heinze comes with the added benefit of being adept at centre-half mind you, which could be a bit of a bonus, but I think we'd have more chance of getting Riise if I'm being sensible.

Riise is an ok player, but as a person i don't like him at all. Way too high self-esteem and full of himself. Remember a couple of months ago he was on the sports news in Norway, talking about how tough he has had it and that he had finally "found himself". Joke.

And, I almost forgot, his mom's a bitch!

And when he sent the same SMS to all the Norwegian celebrity-women and asked them out. That was fucking hilarious! This is what he wrote (translated of course):

''Hi. After a lot of calling and after using a lot of my contacts, I finally got your number. I have always thought that you are charming, sexy and stuff, but of course: you seem very exciting. I hope we can get in thouch, and I will of course ask you out for a romantic dinner for two. Kisses from John Arne Riise xxx.''

Only he wrote it with a lot of spelling errors.  :D

Guest 22bnw

....yeah chips and beans with Heinz. blueyes.gif

and chips cooked in gRiise .

sorry i was desperate.

Guest 22bnw

Riise an immense physical presence? For a defender, he's a shithouse

He'd look good compared to Babayaro  :undecided: