Official singing section

NSG

why you so bothered about singing at matches? you all want to be like will young or something? bunch of puffs tbh. i go to the match to watch the football, not sing like a nancy boy.

why you so bothered about singing at matches? you all want to be like will young or something? bunch of puffs tbh. i go to the match to watch the football, not sing like a nancy boy.

^^The problem with football in 2007 ^^

Guest sittingontheball

Bring back standing! And a boys gate you can get through for three quid with tattoos and a 'tache.

It's a two-way thing. Fans will make noise if there is something to make noise about, and the players will probably benefit from it.

A cliché it may be, but for the money footballers earn and the amount it costs to go to a match, I don't think it's unfair to expect the players to initiate things...

Its not always been like that though.

And?

What?

You look like you're making the point football used to be cheaper. What about it?

why don't you just watch it on tv then?

The singers should be placed either side of the away section.

People who sit there sing anyway

Well there you go then, no need for singing section as it is already there.

Not convinced if the Milburn flank next to the away end give it some.

Guest Southern Geordie

Are you serious ? I'd hate to sit/stand next to you at a game!

can i ask how old some of you are? id say its normal for young people to sing at the match when they are there with their mates but i think its stupid when old people do. the majority of them are idiots and dont have a clue about football. e.g. shouting at the referee about a decision he made when the ref was clearly right.

can i ask how old some of you are? id say its normal for young people to sing at the match when they are there with their mates but i think its stupid when old people do. the majority of them are idiots and dont have a clue about football. e.g. shouting at the referee about a decision he made when the ref was clearly right.

:lol:

Bring back standing! And a boys gate you can get through for three quid with tattoos and a 'tache.

Seriously, a standing section would take care of the singing-section issue, it would automatically become like an 'away section' and would attract those who would start the singing off!

I have had this discussion before, but I am certain that "safe" standing areas could be created, that would really improve the atmosphere at home games.

My preference is at one (or both) of the ends, in a centre-section stretching from just up from the pitch, to say halfway up and about one third of the width of the end (if you can understand what I am trying to say!!).

It would increase attendences too (would please Ashley) and even if the tickets were (naturally) cheaper, the increased numbers would more than compensate the club for the lower prices.

I think an insurmountable problem may probably be, government legislation reflected in Premier League rules.

Shame.

but i think its stupid when old people do. 

i would hate being near you at games.

-- we wonder why the atmospher is bad?

because people feel a bit silly when they sing --

for fuck sake why even go

I must admit I'm totally behind the 'safe standing' thing. An area sectioned off, behind a goal and limited to season ticket holders only would be an excellent idea imo.

Lord Justice Taylor wouldn't approve like... :rolleyes:

Guest 22bnw

Some idiots laugh at groups of people when they are singing, puts you off a bit. Not me like, but it does some.

I think the Gallowgate end would be the best place for it. The Leazes fans will always compete with the away fans anyway, if we could get some singing going at both ends it might wake some of the fans up while the team is putting everyone to sleep.

I think the Gallowgate end would be the best place for it. The Leazes fans will always compete with the away fans anyway, if we could get some singing going at both ends it might wake some of the fans up while the team is putting everyone to sleep.

Yeah, both ends.  That's where I think (as said previously) the two 'standing' sections should be. That would take care of the singing thing and the atmosphere in the whole ground would be better, starts other people off, etc.