And another one ............ Cannavaro

Guest sicko2ndbest

Cannavaro would be absolutely awesome for the development of Taylor.

We've banged on about bringing in the likes of Campbell or Hyypia to add experience at the back. Cannavaro would just be an uber-version of this, so I can't see how anyone would object to us getting him.

Not that I'm holding my breath, like.

Guest shaun11177

Cannavaro said he would never have left Juventus if they hadnt been relegated-he will go back to Italy.

Madrid say he can leave-Nufc looking for defenders=story to fill up paper.

Our net spending spree so far this summer is - 1.2 and all most all clubs in the league spend more than that sum to strengthin their teams. Here it is all about talk we didn't fill in the players we realsed let alone to to sign quality players. The season is starting in no time yet it is hard for us to get one CB and 2 Left back as a minumum requirment. Then after that there is a small matter of cover for DM and left winger.

Our net spending spree so far this summer is - 1.2 and all most all clubs in the league spend more than that sum to strengthin their teams. Here it is all about talk we didn't fill in the players we realsed let alone to to sign quality players. The season is starting in no time yet it is hard for us to get one CB and 2 Left back as a minumum requirment. Then after that there is a small matter of cover for DM and left winger.

The season starts in just under a month.

Calm down......

If it's true (and that's a big if), then it smacks of Chelsea's usual trick of buying players just to prevent them from going somewhere else. Terry, Carvalho and Ben Haim, with Essien as a more than competent back up. It's ridiculous.

If it's true (and that's a big if), then it smacks of Chelsea's usual trick of buying players just to prevent them from going somewhere else. Terry, Carvalho and Ben Haim, with Essien as a more than competent back up. It's ridiculous.

Aren't they getting Alex from PSV too?

Aren't they getting Alex from PSV too?

ben haim on loan :celb:

Guest Guinness

Cannavaro would be absolutely awesome for the development of Taylor.

We've banged on about bringing in the likes of Campbell or Hyypia to add experience at the back. Cannavaro would just be an uber-version of this, so I can't see how anyone would object to us getting him.

Not that I'm holding my breath, like.

Pretty much my thoughts exactly. Would be an amazing bit of business if we could pull it off.

Guest optimistic nit

IMO, the figures on that are slightly flawed. The stats on that site potray how many signings each paper get correct, not how many transfer targets they get right.

Just because a paper says we're going to sign someone and we don't doesn't mean that they're wrong, we could have still tried to get that player and failed if you know what I mean.

but at the same time were concerned with players that will actually sign, not players that may sign. it still represents how many go onto sign, which is what interests us, even if it can be a bit harsh on the paper.

you have to remeber though, some of these correct transfers are really obvious ones that you and i could have predicted, like cole to chelsea. of the obscure rumours like this one, much less will be accurate.

Guest Guinness

Story is in Marca Journal and Northern Echo.

Madrid fans want rid of him they say he is to slow.

What are they saying in Marca?

He doesn't speak English, he's tiny and he's old. He's failed to settle in Spain hence all the rumours and he was a Capello buy, another reason he is wanting out. He won't come here in a million years unless he see's it as someplace he can put himself out to grass on big money.

He doesn't speak English, he's tiny and he's old. He's failed to settle in Spain hence all the rumours and he was a Capello buy, another reason he is wanting out. He won't come here in a million years unless he see's it as someplace he can put himself out to grass on big money.

"so your saying theres a chance......"

"so your saying theres a chance......"

:laugh:

Cannavaro not good enough for Newcastle. :lol:

I've honestly heard it all on this forum now.

:lol:

I'm out of order. ;)

Listen man swanning around in the middle of a world class def in the go slow leagues isn't the same (at his age) of mixing it in the PL.

I swear you've all got your FM blinkers on.

Let's sign Montooba Katanga he's mint. :lol:

Cannavaro not good enough for Newcastle. :lol:

I've honestly heard it all on this forum now.

I'm out of order. ;)

Listen man swanning around in the middle of a world class def in the go slow leagues isn't the same (at his age) of mixing it in the PL.

I swear you've all got your FM blinkers on.

Let's sign Montooba Katanga he's mint. :lol: