Hartlepool Utd .vs. Newcastle Utd (BBC Radio Cleveland) - Official Match Thread

Skirge

Guest eyeball_tickler

Must have missed the season when Roeder took over. His goal tally wasnt bad at the start of last season either until the injury.

Yup, I'm backing him to have a decent season this year. Depends on the formation, rotation and probably the form of Viduka but I can see him up around 15 goals this season.

ameobi?

Excellent goal ratio since he first got a serious look in from January 2006. If he gets enough regular spells on the pitch, he will get enough goals.

but he wont score goals. he's never scored goals consistently in the past and that'll never change. the less games he plays for us the better.

Form since January 2006 would suggest otherwise.

how many games has he played since January 2006?

12 goals in 29 competitive starts with a crocked hip. An excellent ratio, up there with the best at this club over recent seasons. Although I doubt that will stop the continuation of your ridiculous vendetta which obviously has nothing to do with football.

the way you said "since January 2006" was rather misleading as he hasnt played for large periods of the last year, so its only really half a season. if you want to judge him on that half a season then feel free to, ill judge him on the other 200 times where he's done hardly anything.

plus, how can my view point have nothing to do with football? i dont know him personally so care to explain that further?

JAMES EDIT: WHOOPS! pressed modify instead of quote.

not really, because they were cameo's. he's had 45 mins, what i mean really is that does he look like he knows how to score. was his shooting technique good, good movement/positioning etc.. all those can be judged no matter what the opposition, and positioning is the sort of things that you either have or don't.

but 45 mins in a friendly (an early friendly) against hartlepoo! and he had a full half at pompey

Guest optimistic nit

not really, because they were cameo's. he's had 45 mins, what i mean really is that does he look like he knows how to score. was his shooting technique good, good movement/positioning etc.. all those can be judged no matter what the opposition, and positioning is the sort of things that you either have or don't.

but 45 mins in a friendly (an early friendly) against hartlepoo! and he had a full half at pompey

did he? well then you'd be right, except that i forgot to ask after pompey, and want to know, but i doubt people remember back that far ;)

did he? well then you'd be right, except that i forgot to ask after pompey, and want to know, but i doubt people remember back that far ;)

He was out MOTM against Pompey IIRC.

what was the formation like? 4-4-2, 4-3-3 or what? sorry if its been said but ive scanned through the whole thread and I couldn't see it stated.

just interested cos im assuming the formation in these games 'll be the one Sams planning to start with against Bolton.

what was the formation like? 4-4-2, 4-3-3 or what? sorry if its been said but ive scanned through the whole thread and I couldn't see it stated.

just interested cos im assuming the formation in these games 'll be the one Sams planning to start with against Bolton.

4-4-2, Carroll and Oba up front frst half, Owen and Shola second.

4-4-2, Carroll and Oba up front frst half, Owen and Shola second.

Cheers mate. Interesting that, id assumed he'd play the same 4-3-3/4-5-1 as he did at Bolton and (im told) Notts County.

Guest optimistic nit

i never thought he would, as we have 3 good premiership strikers, and that formation only allows for one of them to play.

Guest SwissMagpie

Looks who is here."Just don't shoot wide of the mark,Owen"

http://cache.gettyimages.com/xc/75446679.jpg?v=1&c=NewsMaker&k=2&d=17A4AD9FDB9CF19309EBFDFE8F65174DA558C0E773C63E18

There's highlights up on the web, but I don't know what's allowed to link to and not, so I'm not gonna bother :p

edit: ah, what the hell, it's on dailymotion.

Guest Darth Toon

How did you managed to see the goals? any link?

There's highlights up on the web, but I don't know what's allowed to link to and not, so I'm not gonna bother :p

edit: ah, what the hell, it's on dailymotion.

Dyer looks fairly lethal in that video, although obviously he is skinning Hartlepool players. Troisi's assists are intelligent and pleased to see Owen get a goal, although can't really tell if he touched it or if it was an OG.

All in all positive, will be good to see the rest of the new boys.

Was at the game decent performance.

Rozenhal was good defence poor for the goal he wasnt playing. Barton was everywere played well.

I was in the Pools end with things being thrown at me and my mate when newcastle scored.

Definitely need defensive signings.