Squad numbers announced

BottledDog

Harper asked to be number 12 a few years back, saying 13 is unlucky.  By going to 12 it might mean a lucky break for him in the team etc etc.

Nobby was 24 when he first joined, then 15, then 4.  Still don't understand why he's been booted back to 15 though :(

I dont like the fact that Mark Viduka is being given the number 36,even though I think it will not affect his performance on the pitch.

He took 36 at Celtic, and also at Boro while Hasselbaink still had 9.  He obviously has some sort of connection with the number...

Guest Ridzuan

Was the number he had at Boro wasn't it?

I mean he should be given a new number,probably a single digit having come to a great club like ours.Anyway,im not too choosy about what numbers the players get as long as they perform on the pitch.

I dont like the fact that Mark Viduka is being given the number 36,even though I think it will not affect his performance on the pitch.

3+6 = 9 only reason I can think of

Edit: just realised 18 is free...

Guest David Kelly

None of it really tells us anything tbh.

It's not like it's a secret that we need another centreback and leftback.  A fuckwit like Roeder would know that.

Nobby's change is slightly interesting but again nothing surprising.

f****** hell. I've got Solano 4 on the back of my away shirt.

s***!!!

Just ordered it? Ring the club and surely they'll make sure you get the right number.

Guest nufcandy

i hear 81 is free......but obviously steven taylor wanted to be number 9 too with his number choice....

...c'mon man, does it realy matter who gets what number...

i hear 81 is free......but obviously steven taylor wanted to be number 9 too with his number choice....

Good point, we should all think like this...

I didnt say it did matter mate, was just tryin to see any sort of logic in the number.

Guest LeoStett

don't like them changing nobby's number, i like numbers done the old fashioned way. I dont like when clubs like chelsea and arsenal make defenders number 9 and 10. Suppose numbers just dont matter these days

I'm suprised nobody's noticed Fraser Forster and James Troisi have changed numbers, too..

Actually, had noticed... how very thoughtful of them to keep proceedings under 50 :D

don't like them changing nobby's number, i like numbers done the old fashioned way. I dont like when clubs like chelsea and arsenal make defenders number 9 and 10. Suppose numbers just dont matter these days

Yeah, likewise.

That change really is a confusing one.