Julien Faubert

Delima

Story in todays Mirror:

HAMMERS READY TO ROQUE

17/07/2007

WEST HAM have made an audacious bid to snatch £5million rated Bayern Munich striker Roque Santa Cruz away from Sven Goran Eriksson's Manchester City.

The Hammers will match any bid and beat City's wage offer as they try to land Cruz who hit a hat-trick in Paraguay's 5-0 Copa America win over Colombia.

Now its not that I believe this particular story...Just using it to illustrate a point. This way West Ham seem to be going about things - The stupid contract on offer to Bellamy, there was talk that they offered Barton way more than Newcastle did...I think its embarrasing. They don't even seem to be trying to get players to come in for reasons other than the moneys. On Faubert, I heard that the kid wanted to go to Rangers, burnt his bridges at Bordeaux, then West Ham came in and gazumped Rangers bid so he was basically forced to go there. Similar to how Newcastle got Owen. Totally the wrong way to go about things I think and as such I don't think its going to end well. :nope:

It's not a good way to get players, but at least we had reasons: the impending retirement of Shearer for one. West Ham just seem to be gannin mental for the sake of it.

Guest optimistic nit

"We know Shepherd isn't going anywhere, we know Roeder isn't going anywhere..." This gem from the master of foresight we know only as 'the janitor' 4 months ago tomorrow. ;)

Story in todays Mirror:

HAMMERS READY TO ROQUE

17/07/2007

WEST HAM have made an audacious bid to snatch £5million rated Bayern Munich striker Roque Santa Cruz away from Sven Goran Eriksson's Manchester City.

The Hammers will match any bid and beat City's wage offer as they try to land Cruz who hit a hat-trick in Paraguay's 5-0 Copa America win over Colombia.

Now its not that I believe this particular story...Just using it to illustrate a point. This way West Ham seem to be going about things - The stupid contract on offer to Bellamy, there was talk that they offered Barton way more than Newcastle did...I think its embarrasing. They don't even seem to be trying to get players to come in for reasons other than the moneys. On Faubert, I heard that the kid wanted to go to Rangers, burnt his bridges at Bordeaux, then West Ham came in and gazumped Rangers bid so he was basically forced to go there. Similar to how Newcastle got Owen. Totally the wrong way to go about things I think and as such I don't think its going to end well. :nope:

how was he forced,surely he was in the driving seat ie "rangers want me and i want to go there,let me go otherwise i stay here,unhappy and you get no transfer fee"...more likely west ham offered the player more money and give him the opportunity to play in a better league.

as for the french coaches comments...............even if he isn't playing in the top 4 he'll still be playing in a higher quality league.

Story in todays Mirror:

HAMMERS READY TO ROQUE

17/07/2007

how was he forced,surely he was in the driving seat ie "rangers want me and i want to go there,let me go otherwise i stay here,unhappy and you get no transfer fee"...more likely west ham offered the player more money and give him the opportunity to play in a better league.

as for the french coaches comments...............even if he isn't playing in the top 4 he'll still be playing in a higher quality league.

If it was that simple then Owen would have gone to Liverpool instead of coming here.

Story in todays Mirror:

HAMMERS READY TO ROQUE

17/07/2007

If it was that simple then Owen would have gone to Liverpool instead of coming here.

if liverpool wanted him ?

liverpool offered a low enough sum for madrid to think it would be better to keep him ,the difference between rangers valuation and west hams wasn't massive.

Lord have mercy ...

I think it is now official. The curse that has been hanging over our heads has now taken residence at West Ham. Dean Ashton's season long injury, all the injuries to almost every player they signed in January and now this. Along with the fact they are buying our old players (Bellamy and Bowyer). They have also become a bit of a joke as far as throwing money around which we have been accussed of for ages.

I really think that there might be some truth to the Dyer rumours now this news has come through. Seeing as it is now official that Faubert is out for so long they better show us some money if they want Dyer.

At the very least £7 million. I'm sure they are desperate enough.

I have to say though, I am really dissapointed in Curbs. He really does seem to be absolutely rubbish. He apprently doesn't have a clue about any other players outside of England and so far has just been paying over the odds for premiership journey men. I might put some money down on him being the first manager to get the boot.

West Ham would have been far better off with Sven, who is already showing that he has great contacts with the players he has brought in so far.

Wow ... West Ham are struggling right now.

Guest elbee909

Injured for 6 months !!

"West Ham have been rocked by the news that £6.1million signing Julien Faubert will be out of action for six months after rupturing his Achilles tendon."

Aw, poor Hammers.  Hahahaha.

Guest optimistic nit

What goes around comes around, and I personally hope plenty more of it comes around for West Ham.

hahahhaha aye. they want dyer as well, it gets better :D

Guest SwissMagpie

The "Newcastle Injury curse" move to east London...........

Lets hope it spreads!

To North London....