Fraser Forster

Guest Alan Shearer 9

The thing with Krul and Forster is that I don't see them displacing Harper no matter how good they may be. Hughton seems to be a manager who will always pick the experienced players ahead of giving youngsters a chance.

ahh ahhh ahhhhh guthrie replacing smith and butt choooooooooooo

AC becoming a starter. Danny Simpson signed to play right back.

The thing with Krul and Forster is that I don't see them displacing Harper no matter how good they may be. Hughton seems to be a manager who will always pick the experienced players ahead of giving youngsters a chance.

Aye, took him long enough! I don't give Chris credit for that like, anyone with eyes would have made that decision, and sooner.

Aye, took him long enough! I don't give Chris credit for that like, anyone with eyes would have made that decision, and sooner.

not when your getting results and given a lot of guthries away performances where he just disappeared.

not when your getting results and given a lot of guthries away performances where he just disappeared.

Didn't Guthrie only get his chance in the middle through injuries to Butt and Smith? I could be wrong like. Just for the record I'm not anti-hughton, I like him. But I reckon theres a bit of truth in Skeletors post.

Didn't Guthrie only get his chance in the middle through injuries to Butt and Smith? I could be wrong like. Just for the record I'm not anti-hughton, I like him. But I reckon theres a bit of truth in Skeletors post.

Aye. Kadar only gets his chance when there's no-one else left to play in defence. Ranger similarly (although there's rumours about Hughton not being happy with his attitude). Carroll got his chance by being the 2nd most experienced striker by default and Simpson was brought in as we had no right back at all (and he was fairly experienced at this level.)

I wouldn't blame Hughton if he sticks with Harper next season too. He's had a steady and consistent season after all.

Although I have no idea how things stand, imo it'd be better to send Krul on loan to some Dutch club next season and have Forster as our #2. That should keep them all happy until the season after when I expect one of them to take the first team spot..

I wouldn't blame Hughton if he sticks with Harper next season too. He's had a steady and consistent season after all.

Although I have no idea how things stand, imo it'd be better to send Krul on loan to some Dutch club next season and have Forster as our #2. That should keep them all happy until the season after when I expect one of them to take the first team spot..

This would be my ideal situation.

Guest ObiChrisKenobi

Certainly have to make his mind up Krul soon, since his contract runs out soon.

A rare privately educated footballer (if wiki is true).

Wiki is indeed true, always nice to see a footballer with a bit up top (pardon any pun)

Being privately educated doesn't mean he's more intelligent, it means he had parents who could afford to and chose to educate him privately.

Will he be the first prem player from Hexham if he makes it?

Forster's one weakness seems to be is his kicking, which is easily worked on.

i think given and harper both prove that wrong tbh

Given's kicking improved dramatically last season. Harper's is still gash.

Guest toonlass

Fraser Forster will have benefitted hugely from his time with Norwich, including the boost of confidence in their promotion, where as Krul will be frustrated as heck sitting on the bench. I can't see Krul being happy to sit on the bench for another season next year.

Guest Phil K

So for those who have seen him play regularly (and Ronaldo). Is he ready to make the step up to Premiership football?

Norwich, boss and fans - think the world of him. They'd be devastated if we recalled him.

A rare privately educated footballer (if wiki is true).

Wiki is indeed true, always nice to see a footballer with a bit up top (pardon any pun)

Being privately educated doesn't mean he's more intelligent, it means he had parents who could afford to and chose to educate him privately.

Will he be the first prem player from Hexham if he makes it?

Wiki says aye although Pop Robson lives in Hexham these days. I plan on been the 2nd when the scouts spot me at SJP in a couple of weeks.

We should loan both out next season and put a recall clause or get a Hilario type to cover Harper IMO with the provision that one takes over from Harper the season after.

Guest Phil K

We should loan both out next season and put a recall clause or get a Hilario type to cover Harper IMO with the provision that one takes over from Harper the season after.

Harper will be busier obviously, personally I reckon he'll be replaced before half way through the season.

Harper will be busier obviously, personally I reckon he'll be replaced before half way through the season.

Hopefully.

Hopefully.

If he is being replaced it means he isn't doing a good job, I hope he isn't replaced because he is doing well.

Hopefully.

If he is being replaced it means he isn't doing a good job, I hope he isn't replaced because he is doing well.

Got to think long term though. If Harper is replaced by neither Forster or Krul as our long term number 1 we will have failed massively.

Hopefully.

Got to think long term though. If Harper is replaced by neither Forster or Krul as our long term number 1 we will have failed massively.

Well.... cheeky bid for Fabianski?

Hopefully.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Hopefully.

I think I'd prefer to glass myself.