Fraser Forster

Guest Alan Shearer 9

• 3 months later...

Spanish press.

They also said Samaras doesn't like football.

Samaras is fucking turboshite. Celtic just put him upfront and lump balls to him. Unfortunately he's a shit target man and just stumbles about drunk on urine.

Celtic are really terrible to watch under Lennon.

I've only seen about 3 Celtic games this season and in each game there was an incident where 'the keeper could have done better'. He doesn't look that good to me.

Pretty sure you were saying he was amazing as recently as the tail end of last season.

I've only seen about 3 Celtic games this season and in each game there was an incident where 'the keeper could have done better'. He doesn't look that good to me.

Pretty sure you were saying he was amazing as recently as the tail end of last season.

Pretty sure I have never said that about Forster.

Forster looks class. Fantastic experience he is getting this season too. Handling the pressure of playing for Celtic very, very well.

Seems like he's gone to shit anyway. Will probably be sold since Krul appears to be a world class keeper in the making now.

Forster looks class. Fantastic experience he is getting this season too. Handling the pressure of playing for Celtic very, very well.

Seems like he's gone to shit anyway. Will probably be sold since Krul appears to be a world class keeper in the making now.

Sounds like I was in exaggeration mode. Didn't see that much of Celtic either last season tbh but from what I did he looked very good and looked composed. From what I've seen this season he's the opposite. Going by what my Celtic supporting mates say, last season he was pretty good, poor towards the end, this season has been poor.

Forster wants next move to last after fifth loan of career

Published on 3 Dec 2011

Richard Wilson and Jamie Kempton

http://www.heraldscotland.com:80/mobile/sport/spl/celtic/forster-wants-next-move-to-last-after-fifth-loan-of-career-1.1137935

Fraser Forster is playing for his future at Celtic Park, and the goalkeeper wants his next move to be a permanent one.

In the midst of the fifth loan spell of his career, he believes that he needs to sign a long-term deal to allow him the opportunity to progress.

The 23-year-old is in his second spell at Celtic Park, having spent last season on loan from Newcastle United, who had previously sent him to Stockport County, Bristol Rovers and Norwich City on temporary moves. With Tim Krul established as the first-choice goalkeeper at St James’ Park, Forster’s future looks to be away from Newcastle.

Celtic, who had a £1.5m bid for Forster rejected last summer, have the option to turn his loan deal into a permanent contract. Neil Lennon admires the player, who kept 24 clean sheets last season, while still showing inexperience and a reluctance to use his 6ft 7in frame to be physically imposing in the penalty area.

“I don’t know what’s going on,” Forster says. “[Celtic] is a massive club and the fans are brilliant. It would be a great move. It’s good to be playing under a bit of pressure. I just need to stop getting loan deals. That’s three on the bounce and I need to settle down and find somewhere to call home. It’s important that I perform well and we’ll get to that.

“[Celtic Park] does a bit [feel like a home], but I don’t think the door’s ever closed anywhere, so it’s important that I find somewhere where I’m settled and enjoy being. I enjoy it here and we’ll just see what happens. I’ll take the title medal first.”

Born in the north east and a lifelong Newcastle fan, Forster retains a deep affection for the club. While convinced that Scott Brown would succeed in the Barclays Premier League, the goalkeeper is hopeful that the Celtic captain, out of contract at the end of the season, does not sign a Bosman deal with Newcastle, or any other suitor.

“It’s very important [brown stays], he’s a massive player for the club and in the dressing room,” Forster says. “If we can get him signed up, that would be a massive boost. He’d do a fantastic job wherever he goes. He’s a terrific leader and professional, but I’m hoping he stays here.”

Dylan McGeouch has spent the past week watching the goal that made his name last weekend. The 18-year-old dribbled from one penalty box to another before scoring the last goal in Celtic’s 5-0 win over St Mirren, but insists he is wary of the praise that has come his way.

“I’ve watched it back a good few times,” he says. “I still don’t believe it. I wasn’t really thinking at the time, then I blanked out when I scored and didn’t really know how to celebrate.

“I’d have got a bit of stick if it hadn’t gone in, but it’s been crazy ever since.

“It’s important that you don’t start believing all of the hype, however. It can affect your showing on the park and make you slack. I’m just going to keep working hard.”