Fraser Forster

Guest Alan Shearer 9

I think as far as loyalty goes, Harper deserves an unbelieveable amount of credit, but to be honest I don't think I want him to be our number 1 next season.

He was pretty poor towards the back end of last season and I would genuinely hate to see either Krul or Forster leave. Personally I think Chris should give one of the two lads the starting spot next season and, provided Harper is made aware of the fact he won't be number one, give him the opportunity to look for a new club, it could be his last chance to be first choice somewhere else.

Here we go again. Harper has no drive and no ambition what so ever. How can people praise him for sitting on the bench for so long?

I think as far as loyalty goes, Harper deserves an unbelieveable amount of credit, but to be honest I don't think I want him to be our number 1 next season.

He was pretty poor towards the back end of last season and I would genuinely hate to see either Krul or Forster leave. Personally I think Chris should give one of the two lads the starting spot next season and, provided Harper is made aware of the fact he won't be number one, give him the opportunity to look for a new club, it could be his last chance to be first choice somewhere else.

Here we go again. Harper has no drive and no ambition what so ever. How can people praise him for sitting on the bench for so long?

I suppose I agree with you to an extent but perhaps Harper genuinely wanted to stay and hoped through injury/suspension/loss of form that he'd get his chance to become our first choice. However, in this day and age, regardless of whether it's seen by some as a lack of ambition/drive, it's rare to see any kind of loyalty in the game, let alone from a bench warmer. There was a point, maybe 4 or 5 years ago when Harper was considered by some to be one of the top back-up keepers in the Premiership, he could have requested a move elsewhere in search of first-team football.

Granted, if it was down to him being unambitious then I would take my credit back in an instant but if it was because he genuinely wanted to bide his time and wait for his chance then he deserves praise for his loyalty.

I suppose it depends which way you look at it.

Watched Norwich 3/4 times last season.  Forster looked immense.  Krul looked good the few times he played for us, minus the flapping at corners. 

Think it might be time to bring on the new breed...Harper is solid, but his passing/distribution is shaky at best.

I don't think people particularly rate him for sitting on the bench. I think people respect the fact that him not kicking up a fuss had made it easier for the club not having to find someone to be understudy to given every couple of years. They also appreciate Harper has been decent back up when needed, especially when you look at some of the real horror shows some of the top clubs have had as back up over the years.

Unless you know the bloke personally and have a vested interest in his career I just can't fathom why his apparent lack of ambition would anger you. As said above, his lack of ambition has been a positive to us.

I did a google search and found out that Krul, Harper and Forster are all linked with a move away from here according the diffrent sources :lol:

Looks like Shay Given could be available for a transfer as Hart is being touted as Citehs No1 next season.  bluelaugh.gif

Would laugh my arse off if Given was put on bench duty next season :laugh:

Or better yet, City buy Harper and play him ahead of Shay :pow:

Guest ObiChrisKenobi

Artur Boruc has joined Fiorentina.

And so beings the Harper to Celtic, James to Newcastle shuffle.  :harry:

Flog Harper to Celtic, get James in for a season then next season have Forster and Krul as 1 and 2 with James as a GK coach.

Harper is shite, he's never been a good gk and it takes the cunt 3 hours to take a goal kick.

Guest BooBoo

I wouldn't go as far to say Harpers shite but he's very very average with no real strong points to his keeping.

Can't believe some of the Harper hatred on here. Would personally rather keep Harper for a season than get James in. Harper deserves his shot with us and Krul and Forster are waiting in the wings.

Anything else seems crazy when we've finally got a settled club with leaders, of which Harper is certainly one.