West Ham bid for Dyer

NSG

Do we really need the money? Bit concerned at what this means for the club to be honest as I think Sam would rather keep the player if he could. It might be that we have to sell Dyer to strengthen the defence.

I'd flog the odious little fuck for whatever fee some fucker is stupid enough to offer. Horrible scrawny wankstain.

Perhaps he's realized he won't be first choice. 

As most people have said, this is probably the last opportunity we'll have to get money for him.  He can be a useful player and we have a small squad, but anything close to 5 million is more than fair.  Provided we get someone in to replace him of course - it isn't a big squad.

Guest fraser

"Whether there is some interest there now, I don't know. Kieron Dyer is not a player I would particularly want to lose, but one never knows at this stage of the season what's going to happen." 

Allardyce from Daily Mail.

Somewhat equivocal.

If we do sell him I don't think he'll be replaced, not this summer anyway. Allardyce already spoke about not wanting more holes to fill as he's already got problems sorting out the defence. N'Zogbia would become our only midfielder with real pace to burn (and Duff who is out til November).

Considering the prices going round this summer, the fact he's an England international and has nearly always been a starting player for us when fit, we should be looking for a good fee for him. Accepting a small fee to get him off the wagebill suggests we are canny skint.

The quotes almost sound like Sam's inviting a move. I had disregarded this rumour until I read Sam's quotes which sound like he's paving the way for discussions.

I wouldn't sell him for less than £5m unless we're really skint, though really I'd be looking for upwards of £7m. What other England international could you get for a few million? Why should we be charitable to anybody, much less a potential rival? West Ham have lost a player and are looking for us to give them one on the cheap.

The Times quotes Sam as saying "but it would take a very sizeable offer to even tempt me to let him go".

...cue West Ham falling in to their regulation "offer £5m more than he's worth" routine.  O0

Its great isn't it?

Were all 'meh, if you want Dyer you can have him, only a nicer price than £4m as its not worth our time'

Sam Allardyce is all 'meh, if you want Dyer you can have him only i'll not let on too much how much i want him off the books, but will let you publicly know i could be swayed with a decent offer'

Manager & fans dancing to the same tune for the 1st time in a long time.

Fantastic.  :clap:

Big Sam in the Journal.

“There has been no bid from West Ham,” confirmed Allardyce last night, who also revealed he has had a frustrating fortnight in the transfer market as he frantically attempts to strengthen his defence. “We’ve had no contact from either Alan Curbishley or their chief executive, we haven’t heard a thing from them, so I don’t know if there is anything in the reports that they are interested in signing Kieron.

“If we are going to hear from them, I would assume it’s going to be this weekend. If we get a bid, we will take it from there, but I’m not particularly keen to lose Kieron.” Dyer was booed by some Newcastle supporters at the end of last season and Allardyce hinted that has had a lasting impact on the former Ipswich prospect.

And, while Allardyce is not keen to sell, a large offer from the Hammers might be enough to persuade him to part with Dyer, if the player is also interested in a move to east London.

Allardyce added: “Kieron is a player who is an integral part of my plans but, like everything else, I will need to have a chat with him to see if he thinks there is anything in a move to West Ham. If there is, we will discuss it privately from there.

“I think Kieron has had his unhappy days here which he will never forget and for which he will never forgive some people. When you’re somewhere for nine years, you have your good times and your bad times and you remember the bad times as much as you remember the good. I don’t know if he is unhappy here or whether the speculation about West Ham has had any effect. I will have a talk with him next week and see where we stand.

“It would take a very sizeable offer to even tempt me to let him go.”

Big Sam in the Journal.

“There has been no bid from West Ham,” confirmed Allardyce last night, who also revealed he has had a frustrating fortnight in the transfer market as he frantically attempts to strengthen his defence. “We’ve had no contact from either Alan Curbishley or their chief executive, we haven’t heard a thing from them, so I don’t know if there is anything in the reports that they are interested in signing Kieron.

“If we are going to hear from them, I would assume it’s going to be this weekend. If we get a bid, we will take it from there, but I’m not particularly keen to lose Kieron.” Dyer was booed by some Newcastle supporters at the end of last season and Allardyce hinted that has had a lasting impact on the former Ipswich prospect.

And, while Allardyce is not keen to sell, a large offer from the Hammers might be enough to persuade him to part with Dyer, if the player is also interested in a move to east London.

Allardyce added: “Kieron is a player who is an integral part of my plans but, like everything else, I will need to have a chat with him to see if he thinks there is anything in a move to West Ham. If there is, we will discuss it privately from there.

“I think Kieron has had his unhappy days here which he will never forget and for which he will never forgive some people. When you’re somewhere for nine years, you have your good times and your bad times and you remember the bad times as much as you remember the good. I don’t know if he is unhappy here or whether the speculation about West Ham has had any effect. I will have a talk with him next week and see where we stand.

“It would take a very sizeable offer to even tempt me to let him go.”

Poor little lamb, I hope we haven't upset little Kenny too much.

Nice work Sam, get the malingering little shitehawk out of the club asap.

Guest zeta87

http://icnewcastle.icnetwork.co.uk/newcastleunited/journalsport/tm_headline=i-don-8217-t-want-to-leave-8211-kieron%26method=full%26objectid=19482827%26siteid=50081-name_page.html

SAM Allardyce will resist any attempt by West Ham United to sign Kieron Dyer after the England international assured the Newcastle manager yesterday that he does not want to leave the club.

Dyer’s future on Tyneside has been the subject of much speculation this summer, but the midfielder has told team-mates he is not thinking about a move as he gears up for the start of his ninth season at St James’s Park.

In return, Allardyce has promised the 28-year-old a pivotal role in his new-look side as he attempts to put the final touches to his squad before the close of the transfer window next season. Allardyce is still looking to sign at least four new defenders and is not interested in selling Dyer.

The Journal understands that, despite rumoured interest from West Ham, both men have been greatly impressed with each other and that any bid will be rejected.

A source close to Dyer said: “Kieron does not know anything about a move to West Ham, it is not something which concerns him at the moment. There have been stories linking him with a number of clubs this summer, but he is only thinking about Newcastle United.

Story continues

ADVERTISEMENT

“Sam Allardyce has made a very good impression and he is happy with his plans for the side. A lot has changed behind the scenes and Kieron is convinced they will have a positive impact on the team’s fortunes.

“It is that time of year when players are always being linked with moves, but Kieron expects to be a Newcastle player next season. He is not unhappy.”

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

from the journal. glad to see that he's faithful imo eventhough he didnt play much recently he is our star player

Sam has said he wans to keep him, Dyer has said he wants to stay, no official bid has been made by West Ham, yet every day now for three fkn days the press have been all over this.

Nothing else better to write about then.

Allardyce sounded a bit grim about the situation in the interview at Carlisle. He said he would check out with Dyer whether he wanted to leave. He seemed to suspect that the West Ham thing had come either from Dyer or his agent, and that the player was looking to go.

Allardyce sounded a bit grim about the situation in the interview at Carlisle. He said he would check out with Dyer whether he wanted to leave. He seemed to suspect that the West Ham thing had come either from Dyer or his agent, and that the player was looking to go.

You do wonder what goes on at a football club with the whole "I will speak to him Monday" sort of thing. He is playing a game for you today, its a pre-season friendly, nothing major will come out of the disruption it may cause, why not just ask him?

Suppose agents have to be involved these days whenever you just want a simple conversation with a player!

He certainly gave the impression that he wouldn't put up much resistance to a transfer whatever way it came

(whoopee 100)

P.S.

Do I get a telegram from the Queen?