Dyer given permission to talk to West Ham, fee agreed

iklgizmo

end of last season he clearly didnt want to know.he hid too often.he hid behind defenders and ran into spaceswhere he wasnt going to get the ball.thats why the majority of fans were pissed ofdf with him.how many chances should we give him.if he,or any others,dont want to wear the shirt then just go.i'd much rather stick a kid in their whose heasrt is with the club

end of last season he clearly didnt want to know.he hid too often.he hid behind defenders and ran into spaceswhere he wasnt going to get the ball.thats why the majority of fans were pissed ofdf with him.how many chances should we give him.if he,or any others,dont want to wear the shirt then just go.i'd much rather stick a kid in their whose heasrt is with the club

What you're saying about the end of last season is true but he wasn't the only one who wasn't playing for Roeder.

can you blame him the way quite a lot of our "fans" go on about him.

and your paragraph could easily have been written about nicky butt this time last year

and your paragraph could easily have been written about nicky butt this time last year

This isn't based on one season alone.

I think he wants to go because of what he sees as unfair treatment by the fans, and I think he's got a case. His record isn't unblemished, but a lot of the stick that he gets is OTT IMO.

His return last season saved us from relegation. In a few crucial games he had a big impact. No appreciation received for that.

A lot of people seem to believe that his long-term injury problem was his own fault. No rational thinking behind that. He was probably desperate to get  back.

A lot of fans haven't forgiven him for that row with Robson. He did wrong, he publicly apologised, and there were no repeats. What more do people want? At the same time, we had Shearer saying that he'd move on if he wasn't a first team regular, and Bellamy trying to duck out of games. No apologies from either.

This.

People didn't simply turn on him because of that, Dyer had a lot of detractors way before the Robson incident. The reason being that his performances never matched the hype. Dyer strolled his way through long parts of seasons living off his “promising youngster” reputation and the imaginary transfer to Leeds. His lifestyle and personal choices don’t exactly make him appealing to most supporters.

He alone sums up our failures as a club in the past 10 years. A serial injury prone underachiever who is on ridiculously high wages, yet produces virtually no end product. Someone loves the celebrity lifestyle and took advantage of those who helped him get to where he was.

Despite all the money and the all the potential he and we as a club have done nothing since he joined.

This isn't based on one season alone.

well he hasn't been shit his entire time here,infact you could say our good times co-incided with his good times,read into that what you want

yes i can blame him for hiding.that is inexcusable in any player,andwhile Butt may have been crap before he went away i dont think he ever hid.

On another point,where should Dyer play. hes too lightweight for central midfield,doesnt like,or stick to wide right,and cant score enough goals for a striker.he's a luxury player we cant afford

yes i can blame him for hiding.that is inexcusable in any player,andwhile Butt may have been crap before he went away i dont think he ever hid.

On another point,where should Dyer play. hes too lightweight for central midfield,doesnt like,or stick to wide right,and cant score enough goals for a striker.he's a luxury player we cant afford

His best games were when he played inside and he had nobby running down the wing, they read each others game perfectly, they didn't have to look to see where the other person was, they just knew what the other one was going to do.

I think he wants to go because of what he sees as unfair treatment by the fans, and I think he's got a case. His record isn't unblemished, but a lot of the stick that he gets is OTT IMO.

His return last season saved us from relegation. In a few crucial games he had a big impact. No appreciation received for that.

A lot of people seem to believe that his long-term injury problem was his own fault. No rational thinking behind that. He was probably desperate to get  back.

A lot of fans haven't forgiven him for that row with Robson. He did wrong, he publicly apologised, and there were no repeats. What more do people want? At the same time, we had Shearer saying that he'd move on if he wasn't a first team regular, and Bellamy trying to duck out of games. No apologies from either.

This.

People didn't simply turn on him because of that, Dyer had a lot of detractors way before the Robson incident. The reason being that his performances never matched the hype. Dyer strolled his way through long parts of seasons living off his “promising youngster” reputation and the imaginary transfer to Leeds. His lifestyle and personal choices don’t exactly make him appealing to most supporters.

He alone sums up our failures as a club in the past 10 years. A serial injury prone underachiever who is on ridiculously high wages, yet produces virtually no end product. Someone loves the celebrity lifestyle and took advantage of those who helped him get to where he was.

Despite all the money and the all the potential he and we as a club have done nothing since he joined.

the wages aren't down to him,may produce a better end product with decent forwards(like he did with shearer and bellamy),celebrity lifestyle--what the hell does that mean ? a young bloke with cash goes out(can't remember seeing him smashed before a game and when i've seen him in town he's less bother than certain others in our recent past), and who did he take advantage of.

i don't care if he goes,at the minute he wouldn't be in my first team but the sniping pisses me off cos when he goes the attention will turn elsewhere

but he's too lightweight to play there,especially when we dont have the ball,and alas nobby's days of running past him down the wing are long on.dont you maybe think he looked good then cos Nobby was so f****n brilliant.Nobby could make me look goodIm sorry but his time is up and probably was about 3 years ago

but he's too lightweight to play there,especially when we dont have the ball,and alas nobby's days of running past him down the wing are long on.dont you maybe think he looked good then cos Nobby was so f****n brilliant.Nobby could make me look goodIm sorry but his time is up and probably was about 3 years ago

in all fairness nobby never had pace!he has great skill,good crossing at times and a wicked shot!

:yikes:

Nobby wouldn't have had to make Tony Green look good.

He's too lightweight for CM but he could play there in a 3-man midfield. He's ten times more experienced in centre mid than Geremi, who people seem happy to shoehorn into that position. If Geremi is good enough emergency cover for CM then so is Dyer. For me his best position is right wing, he gives us something Milner/Solano/Geremi don't in that position. I agree his wages are probably too high to be a rotation player, but that decision has already been made. I'd rather keep him on high wages than see him sold without a replacement. We need a squad if we're going to sustain Newcastle-level injuries and compete this season. If we sell him and don't replace him we're weaker, why would we want that? Are we really so skint we need to shift him off the wagebill like? I quite like the idea of having options, and Dyer gives us huge pace and stamina, something we're lacking in midfield and on the right side in general.

He's too lightweight for CM but he could play there in a 3-man midfield. He's ten times more experienced in centre mid than Geremi, who people seem happy to shoehorn into that position. If Geremi is good enough emergency cover for CM then so is Dyer. For me his best position is right wing, he gives us something Milner/Solano/Geremi don't in that position. I agree his wages are probably too high to be a rotation player, but that decision has already been made. I'd rather keep him on high wages than see him sold without a replacement. We need a squad if we're going to sustain Newcastle-level injuries and compete this season. If we sell him and don't replace him we're weaker, why would we want that? Are we really so skint we need to shift him off the wagebill like? I quite like the idea of having options, and Dyer gives us huge pace and stamina, something we're lacking in midfield and on the right side in general.

agree with pretty much all of that, although stamina is one thing you cant say Milner doesn't have, he probably has the biggest engine in our entire squad!

I personally think that this Dyer situation is bullshit and I hope that Im proven correct and he stays because I think that he is a good player and I dont think that we are in any position to be losing any players.

Guest Alan Shearer 9

Nobby was once fairly pacy. Certainly no slouch look at the famous goal vs Leeds 4-3, he was travelling

Nobby was once fairly pacy. Certainly no slouch look at the famous goal vs Leeds 4-3, he was travelling

He might have lost a bit of pace but he's still the best footballer at the club.

Guest Alan Shearer 9

He might have lost a bit of pace but he's still the best footballer at the club.

Exactly. At times he is the only one who resembles a player. Certainly by far the best technique at the club in his right foot, and that is bad tbh we should have a more technical squad.

Exactly. At times he is the only one who resembles a player. Certainly by far the best technique at the club in his right foot, and that is bad tbh we should have a more technical squad.

We should have more technical players, I couldn't care if a player doesn't run around like a headless chicken if he can spread the ball around without running with it all of the time.  It's easier to defend against a runner then it is to defend against somebody who can find his own team mates with a good pass.

Guest Alan Shearer 9

We should have more technical players, I couldn't care if a player doesn't run around like a headless chicken if he can spread the ball around without running with it all of the time.  It's easier to defend against a runner then it is to defend against somebody who can find his own team mates with a good pass.

Fucking let's splash the cash get Deco et al

Guest Hodgson09

where exactly do you see him playing in the team? I cannot see him in the team personally, backup at best. He is too lightweight for CM, cannot cross to save his life so he is no winger, and he isn't a striker either. Sell him, because he is 3rd choice at best.