Dyer given permission to talk to West Ham, fee agreed

iklgizmo

Guest Jungle Barry

Yes he said all of that, also he and mort intend to push on with negotiations etc in the next week. Said we would find out who will replace dire tomorrow which i think has been mentioned further up

Said he'll be replaced tomorrow no less! That was actually a pretty good post-match interview:

- Minimum of 3, maximum of 4 players needed

- We are strong in every area but defence

- Problems over signings have been the lack of European football - the quality of player he's been looking at wanted Europe and could get it elsewhere

- No problems with not getting money ("Everything's fine"). Him and Mort are working together on the signings that need to be made and they hope to "win the battle because it needs to be won".

Guest Northern Boys Love Gravy!

I dont know if its just me, but im a big fan of Gabriel Agbonlahor... He's got bags of pace/ potential..... I think he would be a perfect replacement, plus he has age on his side.... :coolsmiley:

Why would he leave Villa?

coz were better than villa  :cheesy:

Said he'll be replaced tomorrow no less! That was actually a pretty good post-match interview:

- Problems over signings have been the lack of European football - the quality of player he's been looking at wanted Europe and could get it elsewhere

- No problems with not getting money ("Everything's fine"). Him and Mort are working together on the signings that need to be made and they hope to "win the battle because it needs to be won".

Cheers.

I cant think of a single squad which has 4, 20 goals per season strikers, we have 3, with shla and Carrol in the wings, i'd say we were pretty comfortable in that area, defienelty needs to go to defenders but the only defender we've really bee linked with in the meadia that i saw was the Drame who's gone to Sochaux(?), i'd be livid if Smith turned up here with a £6m prie tag, i dont understand why there doesn't seem to be many links with dfenders in the media, is nufc being super secretive with there pursuits or are they just plain inactive or is it that Smith is actually a genuine link.....

Shola in the wings??? Get to fuck. :lol: :lol: :lol: What a crock of shit.

If we are talking about LEAGUE goals, which is the only real barometer, and what people always meant when they spoke about "20-a-season strikers", we have none.

Neither do Man Utd.

Guest Invicta_Toon

wow. no problems with money?

thank god no one listens to me, you might have learnt something

Guest goal!

Surely there are better options than Smith, even if we have to look abroad but £6m come on, bet Derby would be tempted with that sort of money for Giles Barnes.

Smith is a fucking pathetic excuse of a replacement for Dyer.

Cheers.

Thank Gemmill, he posted it over on Toontastic.. :laugh:

I cant think of a single squad which has 4, 20 goals per season strikers, we have 3, with shla and Carrol in the wings, i'd say we were pretty comfortable in that area, defienelty needs to go to defenders but the only defender we've really bee linked with in the meadia that i saw was the Drame who's gone to Sochaux(?), i'd be livid if Smith turned up here with a £6m prie tag, i dont understand why there doesn't seem to be many links with dfenders in the media, is nufc being super secretive with there pursuits or are they just plain inactive or is it that Smith is actually a genuine link.....

If we are talking about LEAGUE goals, which is the only real barometer, and what people always meant when they spoke about "20-a-season strikers", we have none.

Neither do Man Utd.

I didn't say they did. I said WE didn't, in response to the pile of ridiculousness above.

Cheers.

Thank Gemmill, he posted it over on Toontastic.. :laugh:

:lol:

Surely there are better options than Smith, even if we have to look abroad but £6m come on, bet Derby would be tempted with that sort of money for Giles Barnes.

Smith is a f****** pathetic excuse of a replacement for Dyer.

Wait until we know it is Smith before moaning

Neither do Man Utd.

I didn't say they did. I said WE didn't, in response to the pile of ridiculousness above.

Ah yes sorry, I stand corrected. I don't see it as a problem though, 20 league goal strikers are more or less a thing of the past in the Premiership.

Shola in the wings??? Get to f***. :lol: :lol: :lol: What a crock of s***.

read it differently mate, it makes sense somehow, dint mean shola waiting in the wings, mentioned shola seperately from the 3, 20 goal a seaon strikers AND caroll in the wings,

yeh but we're not, we're talking bout strikers who can score 20 goals in a season. By your criteria is there many teams who have 20 LEAGUE goal scorers, Drogba? Rnaldo? Emile Heskey???

Guest sombrero

oh let it be deco or sumone of that calibre coming in to replace him! :celb:, would be a fab surprise, as smithy isnt in my books of players i admire to see ay tyneside. cant wait for tomorrow!, my patience ran out two weeks ago!! to be honest dyers attitude is shite! especially his attitude! would smithy sign as a midfielder then?

Smith is a f****** pathetic excuse of a replacement for Dyer.

with goal on this one, i have no idea what people see in Smith, i dont remeber seeing anythink even slighlty potent about him, i mean, what posisiton is his strongest position nowadays??? We're absolutley fine in the strikers department, and our midfield looks tidy, not that he would add anything.

read it differently mate, it makes sense somehow, dint mean shola waiting in the wings, mentioned shola seperately from the 3, 20 goal a seaon strikers AND caroll in the wings,

yeh but we're not, we're talking bout strikers who can score 20 goals in a season. By your criteria is there many teams who have 20 LEAGUE goal scorers, Drogba? Rnaldo? Emile Heskey???

There's been between 1 and 4 a season for the past 8 or 9 years.

I'm not saying we haven't got enough up front, because for a team like us, who should be aiming for the top 10, maybe have a stab at 7th or even 6th with a fair wind behind us, the 3 we have, and Caroll, is probably enough. But lets not pretend we are going to set the world alight.

I'm not saying we haven't got enough up front, because for a team like us, who should be aiming for the top 10, maybe have a stab at 7th or even 6th with a fair wind behind us, the 3 we have, and Caroll, is probably enough. But lets not pretend we are going to set the world alight.

Dint say there wasn't any, just said that its a pretty narrow criteria, like you say, only 1-4 for the past 8 season, how many of them have been the same strikers, (Henry, Shearer, van Horseface etc..,) just seems like a too exclusive a criteria to call it "the only real Barometer.

Dint say there wasn't any, just said that its a pretty narrow criteria, like you say, only 1-4 for the past 8 season, how many of them have been the same strikers, (Henry, Shearer, van Horseface etc..,) just seems like a too exclusive a criteria to call it "the only real Barometer.

Whenever people talked in the past about great strikers, thats what they meant. Not some soft shie who scores in the intertoto.

Lets not kid ourselves that we're going to have anyone troubling the Premiership golden boot, any more than we'll be needing to buy any brasso for a while.

Guest Guinness

According to someone on another board Allardyce also said:

"by the end of today I think a deal will be done for Dyer and that'll solve both our and his problems - Dyer will be closer to his family and I will have that money to spend in the market tomorrow on defenders"

Any truth in this or has it been twisted to wind people up?

Whenever people talked in the past about great strikers, thats what they meant. Not some soft shie who scores in the intertoto.

Lets not kid ourselves that we're going to have anyone troubling the Premiership golden boot, any more than we'll be needing to buy any brasso for a while.

Ya see, i disagree with you there, and am probably going to have to agree to disagree with you there in general, Owen world class striker, its all fair and well sayin he'll not stay fit but thats unnaccountable when your predicting who will be "troubling Premiership golden Boot" Viduka has consistently scored goals and has only really played a couple of season with a great striker by his side, Yakubu and...(?) MArtins is an unknown quantity, pretty pessitmistic to rule out any of our strikers, they seems pretty potent to me, add that to the fact that in recent years defences have been tightened up and you look for about 15-20 goals ebing the number of goals scored to "trouble the premiership golden boot"...then again i could be wrong......

Ya see, i disagree with you there, and am probably going to have to agree to disagree with you there in general, Owen world class striker, its all fair and well sayin he'll not stay fit but thats unnaccountable when your predicting who will be "troubling Premiership golden Boot" Viduka has consistently scored goals and has only really played a couple of season with a great striker by his side, Yakubu and...(?) MArtins is an unknown quantity, pretty pessitmistic to rule out any of our strikers, they seems pretty potent to me, add that to the fact that in recent years defences have been tightened up and you look for about 15-20 goals ebing the number of goals scored to "trouble the premiership golden boot"...then again i could be wrong......

20, 27, 25, 30 league goals in the past 4 seasons by the top scorer.

None of our players are going to be near that. But, like you say, we'll have to agree to disagree, thats fitba', as the angry drunken ginger english-haters might say.