Pre-Season Friendly Thread

Kev

Hleb equalises. Is this the 'final'?

Can't be. The Arse won their first game and Inter lost their's.

Fuck knows how they've worked it out. 'Random' draw I assume...

Van Persie's goal was fabulous, and right infront of me in that corner. 

If you get half a chance to go to the Emirates, go.  Today was just £25 for 2 superb games of football.

Van Persie's goal was fabulous, and right infront of me in that corner. 

If you get half a chance to go to the Emirates, go.  Today was just £25 for 2 superb games of football.

Emirates is a very nice ground but no atmosphere on league games

Shrewsbury 0-2 Manchester City

Played the proper team in the first half and we absolutely battered them 0-0. All the new signings so far got a game. Listened to the game on BBC Radio Shropshire, they were proper knocking one out over Petrov which was good to hear. Made 11 changes in the 2nd half, put all the muppets we're trying to replace on and they were a bit wank but Corradi and Dickov managed to score late on  (Wrap up warm tonight, hell just froze over).

Bit of a laugh listening to the small town comentators, its like another world down there. Not just the rediculously amateurish shite they talk (Such as Bernardo Corradi being a world cup winner and Didi Hamann having plenty of petrol left in the tank) and being more interested in their cup of tea than the game, but their whole attitude...slating Sven for not effing and jeffing on the touchline like Stuart Pearce  :laugh:

During the game BBC Radio Manchester reported that we've got 4 signings coming in tomorrow and Vassell is off to Turkey.

Orient 2  Spurs 4

Usual pre-season fare listening to Radio London.  Played 4-3-3 with Keane playing just off Berbatov and Bent with Defoe on the bench.  Keane (2) Defoe and Bent scored, Bent, Berbatov and Kaboul impressed.  For the money they cost, they ought to impress tbh.

Plus Ledley King out for at least two more months

Lennon will miss first 4 games of season

What I've said for a while now, Ledder's will be injured more than playing for the rest of his career, shame, but these things happen.

Fully expect another CD, probably Curtis Davies, to join Dawson, King, Kaboul, Rocha, Gardner, Dervite etc etc before the window closes.

Jol, realistically, how many league games will Taarabt get this season? He's been prominent in pre-season, but will that translate to competitive games?

From the bench I think he will be involved quite a lot.  Jol was dubious when he was first signed but he now rates him very highly.  He's been told that he he will be involved from the bench and it's up to him to push himself up the pecking order.  Pretty well the same thing has been said to Boateng as well.