Darren Fletcher - £6M?

Guest DazzaNufc1892

I echo the sentiment. If Fergie's willing to give this guy regular playing time, he's got to be doing something right.

6m isn't that outrageous a fee considering what the average transfer is looking like in this window with all the TV money flying left and right.

I would say a good buy. There's a chance that he could fail to adapt outside ManU, but there's no such thing as a signing without risk, so that's fine.

...If we're out to snag ManU squad players, would rather have us go for Park though. (No bias there, of course  ;) )

To be honest, I wouldn't particularly fancy him here. Not what we need really. My posts were more in response to those who were saying he's shite.

He has more often than not looked completely average. He doesn't really seem to have any outstanding qualities. As others have said he is no better than Parker, in fact I think he has looked a poor version of him!

After the Harewood affair, I doubt MON would risk a signing like this. Well, I hope he wouldn't.

Celtic could no way afford 6m for a player, though, so that makes the whole thing look a bit shaky.

I'm surprised by how many people on here would happily pay this much for such an average player! I could easily find 10 players in the Dutch league that pi$$ all over him abilitywise and would cost less.. Any club with a decent scouting network should be able to do much better than to pay over-inflated prices and wages for British middle of the road players like this..

Guest khyberpass

if Manure  are selling midfielders - buy Park; buy Park; buy Park!

As for Fletch, all the Manure fans I know think he's a makeweight....not terrible, but not top quality.

I'd therefore NOT have him....ALSO, if the value of Baptista is £6M, I'd rather have the beast???

Guest DazzaNufc1892

deal could be off, when they return he will consider options, especially the utd offer, but, scholes is injured. Ronaldo isnt lukin like hes over last seasons injury, so they could start wiv giggs nani hargreaves carrick.

fletcher would play as they have switched to 451, 3 man centre

if Manure  are selling midfielders - buy Park; buy Park; buy Park!

S.J. Park. If ever a player had to be signed purely for the name alone, it must be him.

Actually he's J.S, so we're a bit off there.

Seriously wouldn't mind him though. I think he'd be absolutely fantastic for any team in the league other than ManU.

I don't think Fletcher is as bad as some are making out. He's just very average IMO.

But I agree the weaknesses in his game will stand out a lot more if/when he steps into a much inferior side where bigger questions will be asked of him individually. Look what happened to Butt/Parker when they were expected to lead rather than tag along for the ride.

He's made to look better than he actually is at Manure though.

He'd be no improvement on the players we currently have, so he'd be a good player for depth, but not as a constant starter.

Do we really want to be paying 6m for a rotation player?

[i have the feeling that its getting to the stage where we will try to bring in anyone who improves the squad. He can play in the defence and across the midfield. [b]If he is good enough for Fergie, he is good enough for me btw.[/b]

But, if he's selling him, he isn't good enough for Fergie.

Fairly s**** point when you consider how many games he has had and the players brought in this summer.

He has played a fair few games but, in these games, he must have shown Ferguson that he isn't good enough for the team he wants playing at Old Trafford.  Otherwise, he wouldn't be bringing in all these other players and allowing Fletcher to leave (assuming there are no other factors at work, such as consistent injuries, a disproportionately high wage or an attitude problem).

I'm not saying that he isn't good enough for us because Ferguson is willing to sell him, I'm just pointing out that saying that a player is good enough for a manager that is selling him doesn't ring true for me.

Who says Fergie wants to sell him? He'll be the first choice replacement for Carrick/Hargreaves next season.

Who says Fergie wants to sell him? He'll be the first choice replacement for Carrick/Hargreaves next season.

Not me, my point is based in the hypothetical.  If Fergie wants to sell him though (and there are no mitigating factors as mentioned), it is because the player isn't good enough.