Baines rejects Mackems

Decky

At £6m he may be a bit overpriced, but that price reflects his nationality, Premiership experience and age. I think he's got a good future ahead of him and £6m could eventually turn out to be a bargain. I'd rather the mackems didn't get him.

I'm not that gutted on missing out so long as we have something else lined up. I can't think who though? Allardyce wants Premiership experience but by turning his nose up at Baines he effectively must look to Europe now.

Guest Knightrider

If he joins the mackems, I can't see him developing too much especially if they follow form and go back down again, should stick around at Wigan, a similar club, and then see what offers come in, seems to be jumping in at the first opportunity to move.

If he joins the mackems, I can't see him developing too much especially if they follow form and go back down again, should stick around at Wigan, a similar club, and then see what offers come in, seems to be jumping in at the first opportunity to move.

Yeah I think he'd be better served sticking at Wigan.

Rumours from the unwashed here at work are that big Sam's attempting to hijack this........they're-a-flapping!!!!! :D

Probably ego boosting rumours ala Spuds fans, so they can feel a little bit warmer in their pants when the sign him, and they can make out he turned us down.

Hope we do go in and he does turn us down and they can throw it back in our faces simply because sitting on our arse waiting for decent players to turn up on our doorstep begging to be signed is working well so far.

If Baines was or has been in our sights and we've allowed another team, especially our rivals to get this close to a deal then the new board and SA want shot with FS's shit imo.

But my guess is we were never after him as at £6m its too much for this club to spend when we've got no money at all.

Hope we do go in and he does turn us down and they can throw it back in our faces simply because sitting on our arse waiting for decent players to turn up on our doorstep begging to be signed is working well so far.

If Baines was or has been in our sights and we've allowed another team, especially our rivals to get this close to a deal then the new board and SA want shot with FS's shit imo.

But my guess is we were never after him as at £6m its too much for this club to spend when we've got no money at all.

Aye that would be fantastic, hopefully they finish above us aswell maybe even throw in us getting relegated and it would be simply wonderful. That would really teach us a lesson :thup:

Aye that would be fantastic, hopefully they finish above us aswell maybe even throw in us getting relegated and it would be simply wonderful. That would really teach us a lesson :thup:

:lol:

Cutting off your nose to spite your face springs to mind.

Guest Breezer

bluelaugh.gif

Would be so funny if we nicked him, my mate at work who is a mackem been raving about him all week. Unfortunately i think this isnt true which i dont mind as dont think he worth 6m

Thought the same!!!

Guest toontoon

Someone on the icNewcastle message board is claiming that Metro Radio have reported that we have tabled a £6million bid and are expected to land him. Can anyone confirm this?

lets hope so, anyone else heard this?

Someone on the icNewcastle message board is claiming that Metro Radio have reported that we have tabled a £6million bid and are expected to land him. Can anyone confirm this?

lets hope so, anyone else heard this?

I listened to the news bulletin at 10am and i heard nothing of this...

Probably just wishful thinking, although if the mackems had £6m accepted a couple of days ago Baines is taking a while to sign up, there's no doubt where he'd rather go unless he's got a disliking to us for some unknown reason.

We should of had him weeks ago, but the board have dragged their heels and make themselves look very foolish so far.

Wigan have confirmed Baines WONT be joining the Mackems.

:lol:

Obviously he's rejected the offer since the club accepted.

Everton in but for only £4.5m plus extras, maybe we are coming in to make a late bid?

Honestly, i've just been reading the Wigan forums and the utter cheek of the mackem cunts on there calling Wigan a small club, shite fans, destined to go back down and that they were taking their best player because they can and they can offer a top player everything he wants!

mackems.gif

Fuking scumbag written through them like a stick of rock.

Simply superb another player turns them cunts down.  :thup:

Guest johnson293

Superb!  :celb:

Just shows, maybe Mad Roy aint the 'big draw' for players their fans maybe thought he would be!

Respected, no nonsense player who has played with and under some of the best - yet he can't even attract the likes of Nugent or Baines!!  ;D

Please let it be true.

Good news that he's turned the mackems down though.

Appears that Roy Keane is getting desperate, I heard that Callum Little is on a trial there?

That's true played against Berwick last night, we also had a lad from Horden CW playing for us (he scored as well apparently) on trial.

The SMB is almost in meltdown over the Baines story like.

While I'm dissapointed that he won't be coming, I can't say I ever expected him to sign.