Mort is new Chairman - Shepherd leaves

lovejoy

In the 8 years up to July 2006

Newcastle United (funded by its fans buying tickets, shirts, paying Sky subscription money) paid Freddie Shepherd £3,247,034 to do his job

Newcastle United (funded by its fans buying tickets, shirts, paying Sky subscription money) paid dividends on the shares he owned.This came to a total of £5,489,239.

The total amount of money he took from Newcastle United was therefore £8,736,273.

He also made several million from the sale of his shares to Ashley, but that didn't directly effect the club's own accounts, that was purely Ashley's money.

For too long Shepherd robbed us. In the end it cost US over £9m to have him as chairman for the last 9 years. If he is never allowed back in the ground again it would be too soon for me. A thieving b******, 90% driven by his own financial desires, 10% driven to do the best for his local football team.

I find it hilarious that you're all quibbling over around £1m a year going to the chairman and 1/4 owner of the club when 1 (one) player is payed 4 or 5 times that. Do you expect Ashley will take out less for his £213m over the long term?

You do all realise that these "loses" you're all so damning about are directly due to the amount of money the club payed in transfers and wages trying to achieve success. I guess you're implying Ashley should spend less so that his profits are higher?

No surprise to anyone abotu the Fat Man going, except presumably the (very very few) people on here who were still giving it the "he's still in charge, he still has a role to play" even up to last week.

Well done ot Ashley for getting rid, now Allardyce needs to continue HIS clearout, and get rid of the last few pieces of shit we have left.

I think there's a chance Freddy might actually die soon, sounds in bad health.

His health does sound bad, doesn't it.

I share the strength of feeling of dislike (a stronger word could be used) for him, with many on here.

But I have to say that I hope he does not die soon. He does not deserve that. I know you are not actually saying that you hope he dies soon, but to read it written in such a matter-of-fact way does not seem right to me.

I hope he lives to see us perform far better as a company, club and team, than we ever did under him, and that he sees us win many trophies over the coming years and decades.

Guest WalkervilleMag

Shepherd gone,  only Dyer,McDermott to go

Babayaro?  Carr?

they have to go yes,  but thats just because they are bad players,  Dyer and McDermott are the remaining bad apples in the squad,club.

Shepherd gone,  only Dyer,McDermott to go

Babayaro?  Carr?

they have to go yes,  but thats just because they are bad players,   Dyer and McDermott are the remaining bad apples in the squad,club.

Yeah, I know what you are saying - you feel that those you mention are part of the "corporate smell" of the old regime, that is nearly all gone now.

I undertand that.

Guest WalkervilleMag

it's alright saying getting rid of Carr,Baba and Ramage,  but you have seen the hassle we are having trying to get defenders in at the moment.

it's alright saying getting rid of Carr,Baba and Ramage,   but you have seen the hassle we are having trying to get defenders in at the moment.

Things are about to start really moving on this now.

er . . .

er . . .  I think !!!!!

it's alright saying getting rid of Carr,Baba and Ramage,   but you have seen the hassle we are having trying to get defenders in at the moment.

fuck them, a manager worth his wages wouldn't allow us to start a season with any of them near the first team.

Think of the puns that the Evening Chronicle has to play with now!

Mort-gage (some kind of SJP development)

Mort-al (he pops his clogs or is seen drunk- bonus points if he's with Shearer at the time)

Mort! Mort! Mort! How do you like it? (many scenarios)

'Fort Mort' - Winning streak at SJP since Mort took over

'Lazarus shocks Mortician' - Shay's swift return from injury makes Mort eat his words in regards to Ireland's #1

'Mortal Blow' - Mort chins Big Niall at a PL chairman's meeting