I really don't want to end up with Sol.

Parky

Guest Obafan

I prefer Campbell aboe a guy like Hangeland. Those nordic style players are strong but that's it. Mostly slow not good to build up.

BS go for Campbell as quick as possible. Don't know if he wants to leave. But if you ask me he must have been at the toon last year, but stupid Roeder didn't want him. Can you imagine.

ash4 i commend you lad, the first poster to come from another club and not be a complete cock, well, apart from the evasive mj tht is

That's absolute bollocks tbh. And i'm not saying Ash4 is a cock, either.

I've got more time for the likes of Brummie, 1894 and Doctor Spectrum than i do the majority of Newcastle fans on here, you included.

At least get his name right. :lol:

I think you'll find that Taylor would be the one left out, rightly so IMO. Sam is right, for all his promise, he's still got plenty to learn. Don't think Sol Campbell is going to leave Portsmouth either, they are in the same wages league as us at the moment.

I agree if we had Campbell, Rozenhal and Taylor that the first two mentioned would be the choice CD pair. But where does that leave Steven Taylor, as I wouldn't think he'd learn so much from sitting on the bench?

Exactly. He made out that i was a nobody so i put him right? What was wrong with that?

:lol: It was pretty fucking childish.

He probably didn't realise you'd changed your username

Guest thenorthumbrian

Would definitely have him.

Still grinds me that we didn't go for him on a free last summer.   Roeder, you c***.

Exactly, and didn't  Campbell make it clear he would have been more than happy to come here.

At the time Roeder was coming out with a load of nonsense about signing young hungry palyers - then went out and brought in Sibiesrski. 

Still grinds me that we didn't go for him on a free last summer.   Roeder, you c***.

Exactly, and didn't  Campbell make it clear he would have been more than happy to come here.

At the time Roeder was coming out with a load of nonsense about signing young hungry palyers - then went out and brought in Sibiesrski. 

Ironically he still might have been in a job if he'd have got Sol. :kasper:

Guest thenorthumbrian

Ironically he still might have been in a job if he'd have got Sol. :kasper:

Thank god he didn't sign Campbell then.

I prefer Campbell aboe a guy like Hangeland. Those nordic style players are strong but that's it. Mostly slow not good to build up.

That's a bit of a generalisation.  And Sol himself is slow these days.  I'd prefer to sign a player who would establish himself in the side rather than a 33 year old, but then again either (or both) would be a vast improvement on what we currently have.  There are very few players I would turn my nose up at with only two weeks until the transfer deadline. 

It's a mystery to me why securing a few defenders with Premiership experience has become such a big ordeal for this club every summer.  How is it that the average to fairy decent squad players like Young, Quedrue, Distin etc. are signing for other clubs while we apparently aren't interested?  And then everyone starts flapping on about signing Cannavaro.  Seems fairly delusional for a club that is looking very seriously at going into the Premiership season with Ramage & academy boys taking on players like Torres, Rooney, Berbatov etc (and expecting a top 5 finish no doubt).

I'd happily take him if we could get him. Who cares if he's only got a season or two left? Think of him like a Gallacher-type signing. Would help hold us together for the time being, and, along with Butt and Owen, give us a spine of players with shared experience on the national team. Would also hopefully help the youngsters refine their game. Anyway, there's not much else around and he's better than what we've got. But...

I've seen nothing to suggest that he's available.