Faye signs three year deal

STM

Guest black

Newcastle boss Sam Allardyce is ready to make a £4m bid for Bolton midfielder Papa Bouba Diop. (Daily Mirror)

:idiot2:

Unbelievable and these tw@ts get paid to be journalists.

If this happens Fulham will be a darn good bet to go down this season.

Guest Emmet

Signing Diop would give Sam alot more options. For example, adding another defensive midfielder will free up Geremi to fill in at right back if needed. And lets be serious, be it injuries or just just plain shit form from Steven"the lump"Carr, the chances Geremi will be needed at right back this season are pretty high!

Diop is a man mountain also, something our team currently lacks. Hes a typical BSA player if you like. Sign him up i say!

Guest zerocipher

Looks like Freddy Adu.

I wonder if Freddy would ever cut it in the Premiership.... I know he had trials at Man U, but they never worked out.... I wonder if anyone would dare to go one step further and maybe try and get him on loan for a season or 6 months.... I think he would be a good player, not sams type of player though *sigh*  :kasper:

The sad thing is, all the talk about Adu has always overshadowed another young US forward, that is actually, IMO, better than Adu, if not just because hes got him on size difference and has the same pace; Josmer Altidore

Guest 22bnw

Fair enough.

To expand slightly...

I'd like to see Faye at Newcastle. Not to fussed about Diop - I suppose he would be a good squad player.

We now have Barton, Emre, Butt, Smith and Geremi, not to mention Dyer who is still about and might be staying. There's no space for Diop.

Might not be alot of space for him, but he offers something different to what we already have. Had Geremi not looked so good in preseason playing in midfield I would have expected a DM to come in. Butt and Geremi are midfield battlers, but we dont really have a midfield dominator.

Provided we sign a bit more cover at the back, Id welcome Diops height, and I'd tip Allardyce to get him playing like he was a couple of years ago. Thats if he has the time after doing the same to the majority of our squad!