Faye signs three year deal

STM

especially since we're buying faye for 2 mil... we can't afford him now    :lol:

You shouldn't be stupid as well. Just because we can afford to sign every Tom and Jerry doesn't mean that we should sign them.

especially since we're buying faye for 2 mil... we can't afford him now    :lol:

You shouldn't be stupid as well. Just because we can afford to sign every Tom and Jerry doesn't mean that we should sign them.

Do you mean Tom, Dick and Harry?

cat and mice can't play football.... now look who's being stupid

Do you mean Tom, Dick and Harry?

That's what i was gonna say. :lol:

cat and mice can't play football.... now look who's being stupid

cat and mice.......if it's mice and not "mouse" it'll more likely be pixie and dixie with the cat Mr Jinks

If we missed out on a right back because of a lack of funds I would be more pissed off that we spent £6m on Smith tbh. We need Faye and £2m is a bargain in the current market.

I didn't like the signing of Smith. I thought he is a limited player. But Sam wants to play 3 combative central midfielders, and we can't just have Butt, Geremi and Barton in the club. Moreover it has already happened, so it is rather pointless to dwell on it. It is a necessary signing and it is a priority for the formation we will play, though I would have preferred someone else.

Whereas we haven't bought any right back, and I am concerned.

Why haven't we signed any right back? Is money the matter? 2M could seem insignificant, but it isn't if 2M is the difference between the valuation of the selling club and the buying club.

Or is Sam not bothered with Carr as our first choice right back? If this were the case I would be more concerned.

The Faye rumours has been dragging on for a while. Surely it would have cost quite some time and energy of Sam? Perhaps he should have used this on getting a new first choice RB, rather than on getting a back up player?

I think the priority lies on getting a RB, not a back up to Cacapa or Nicky Butt. It is not that transfer window will shut only a month later.  It shuts in a week time - no much time left.

Not to wish anything bad on Carr or Ramage, but I am glad that they are injured and Sam has been forced to come out and say he will try to get a new RB in.

Faye could do the job Smith does, I think we need him a lot more than we needed Smith at 3 times the price.

I still think we will get a right back anyway and I don't think signing Faye is going to play any part in it.

I still think we will get a right back anyway and I don't think signing Faye is going to play any part in it.

After today injuries yes we shall get a right back soon. But before that the signs weren't good. http://www.newcastle-online.com/nufcforum/index.php?topic=44616.0 There is no need to be "very active" after the injuries if we were already on course to sign a new RB.

People wouldn't have expressed concerns if they think the club were going to sign a new RB regardless of Faye's deal.

name a good enough right-back  for 2 mil

Not necessarily just 2M for a right back, but the 2M could be used to acquire a right back. Say, we offer Dani Alves 28M and Sevilla wanted 30M. The 2M could have been used to top up the difference,

By the way, Luke Young cost 2.5M.

That logic is fucking genius. :lol: