Sam says no new left-back?

KaKa

Head in the clouds?! Because I expect a decent left back to be brought in before the season starts? Thats the minimum that should be required from the bloke ffs, if he can't do that then he's failed in the  transfer window.

I'm talking more about your attitude to things recently, you've become very impatient and very critical of even the slightest thing, in short you're becoming a "please me" type of fan. You using "Fat Sam" is a subconscious message saying "you haven't pleased me Sam, tut tut, for that you become Fat Sam" and to be frank it's f****** immature and does my tits in, especially coming from a normally sane and objective member like you who usually rises above such nonsense.

Do you even know what you're on about?

A quick search shows you've been happy to refer to Shepherd as "Fatty" or "The fat man" in the past yet when someone calls Allardyce fat Sam, a name that was often used to describe him when he was at Bolton on here you get in a sulk, it's like you know the bloke personally and you don't want him to be insulted "You're not fat Sam, you're just big boned"  :lol:

So less of the double standards please.

As for the rest of your post, I haven't become a "please me" type of fan at all, I am however a realist and I don't get sucked into the majority of the bullshit that people are getting sucked into over the new board, the fact is that if we go into the season without an improvement at the back then we're going to struggle and if Ashley doesn't back his manager like Shepherd did then it could be a change for the worse.

If the truth be known I suspect you only kicked up so much over me calling Allardyce fat Sam because you know the rest of my post was spot on.

Guest Knightrider

Head in the clouds?! Because I expect a decent left back to be brought in before the season starts? Thats the minimum that should be required from the bloke ffs, if he can't do that then he's failed in the  transfer window.

I'm talking more about your attitude to things recently, you've become very impatient and very critical of even the slightest thing, in short you're becoming a "please me" type of fan. You using "Fat Sam" is a subconscious message saying "you haven't pleased me Sam, tut tut, for that you become Fat Sam" and to be frank it's f****** immature and does my tits in, especially coming from a normally sane and objective member like you who usually rises above such nonsense.

A quick search shows you've been happy to refer to Shepherd as "Fatty" or "The fat man" in the past yet when someone calls Allardyce fat Sam, a name that was often used to describe him when he was at Bolton on here you get in a sulk, it's like you know the bloke personally and you don't want him to be insulted "You're not fat Sam, you're just big boned"  :lol:

As for the rest of your post, I haven't become a "please me" type of fan at all, I am however a realist and I don't get sucked into the majority of the bullshit that people are getting sucked into over the new board, the fact is that if we go into the season without an improvement at the back then we're going to struggle and if Ashley doesn't back his manager like Shepherd did then it could be a change for the worse.

If the truth be known I suspect you only kicked up so much over me calling Allardyce fat Sam because you know the rest of my post was spot on.

Just stop calling him names OK ;)

Nah, you got me there I have been guilty of calling FS Fatty, which is immature and sad I know. Still think you've been very critical and impatient these past few months though, far more than you usually are.

Guest Darth Toon

Someone's been at his Wikipedia entry already:

"Now, Premier League sides Newcastle (managed by Sam Allardyce) and Manchester City have an interest for Serbian defender. Sevilla will only let him leave for a fee in the region of 8 to 12 million euros. It is likely that he will choose Manchester City over Newcastle United, as Dragutinović dislikes the size of the Newcastle manager's head. He believes it to be disproportionate to his body."

:nope:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ivica_Dragutinovi%C4%87

31 and they want 8-12m euros, centre back that was part of the serb defence that conceded one goal in world cup qualifiers.  certainly the experienced centre back allardyce wants but no premiership experience that he was after, fits in with the defenders that we want may not be in the country quotes he came out with.

NEWCASTLE AND MANCHESTER CITY ARE INTERESTED IN THE Serbian The money of the Premier tempts to Dragutinovic The Newcastle and the Manchester City, of the Premier Leaugue English, they are interested in the acquisition of the Serbian defense Ivica Dragutinovic and even has transcended that emissaries of the first one will arrive at Spain in the next hours to try to close the transfer.  Nearby sources al footballer have confirmed that the offering that has received Dragutinovic to whom does not occupy plaza of foreigner due to that has Belgian passport, surpasses with a lot of what charges in the Seville, what has done that the rear, that is on the verge of complying 32 years, have him asked al club that consider the offering. 

Some days ago, the Seville rejected a proposal of the City of around three million dollars.  Dragutinovic arrived al Seville two years ago and has disputed 46 parties of League, besides being a holder in the two last earned ends by the team of Juande Branches, that of the Cup of the UEFA and that of the Cup of the King.  The contract that unites al player with the Seville is for three seasons, for which expires in June of 2008. 

The magic of the interweb. Juande Branches. :laugh:

"Now, Premier League sides Newcastle (managed by Sam Allardyce) and Manchester City have an interest for Serbian defender. Sevilla will only let him leave for a fee in the region of 8 to 12 million euros. It is likely that he will choose Manchester City over Newcastle United, as Dragutinović dislikes the size of the Newcastle manager's head. He believes it to be disproportionate to his body."

FFS! What has the size of his head got to do with anything? If we miss out on this transfer due to Allardyces head size I will be furious.

31 and they want 8-12m euros, centre back that was part of the serb defence that conceded one goal in world cup qualifiers.  certainly the experienced centre back allardyce wants but no premiership experience that he was after, fits in with the defenders that we want may not be in the country quotes he came out with.

€3m is what ManC offered last week. Nowhere does it say they want what you're saying.

Ahem ... I started a thread on this guy and the MODS shut it down I demand an apology!

Ivica Dragutinovic (Sevilla left-back)

« Reply #238 on: July 23, 2007, 11:13:50 PM »

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Don't be surprised if he comes in as our left-back. He was linked with Man City today but I will be surprised if Sam isn't snooping around him as well.

Very similar to Heinze. Tough left-back who can also play as a centre-back also. The only thing is that he is 31, but he was still effective and impressive for Sevilla last season. Contract is up next summer so he won't cost a lot of money either.

If Sam doesn't have an eye on him I will be dissapointed.

Make it happen Sammy 

http://www.newcastle-online.com/nufcforum/index.php?topic=42696.msg929484;topicseen#msg929484

Ahem ... I started a thread on this guy and the MODS shut it down I demand an apology!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Don't be surprised if he comes in as our left-back. He was linked with Man City today but I will be surprised if Sam isn't snooping around him as well.

Very similar to Heinze. Tough left-back who can also play as a centre-back also. The only thing is that he is 31, but he was still effective and impressive for Sevilla last season. Contract is up next summer so he won't cost a lot of money either.

Make it happen Sammy  

http://www.newcastle-online.com/nufcforum/index.php?topic=42696.msg929484;topicseen#msg929484

Nice one Kaka.

All we need now is Kewell to Spurs.  mackems.gif

3m is what ManC offered last week. Nowhere does it say they want what you're saying.

He's in the last year of his contract too, so forget about the £8million Euros talk.

FFS! What has the size of his head got to do with anything? If we miss out on this transfer due to Allardyces head size I will be furious.

I love wikipedia

:lol:

Must say Baggio, there has been a change since you went over to the loons board. Not for me to criticise cos I agree with most of what you say but one or two things just dont sound like you. The way you use the word 'realist' reminds me of someone  :rolleyes:

Guest Guinness

Dragutinovic would certainly fit the bill in terms of experience. Always seemed solid enough whenever I've seen him play.

Make it happen Sammy 

Your thread was merged with the left back poll thread and his name was added to said poll.

Now stop behaving like a silly little tart. ;)

Make it happen Sammy  

Nice one Kaka.

All we need now is Kewell to Spurs.   mackems.gif

They can dream of Kallstrom and Boateng all they want, but Kewell is their destiny. He's as big a fraud as they are. Match made in Heaven.

Soon, very soon ...