Sam says no new left-back?

KaKa

Guest Knightrider

Head in the clouds?! Because I expect a decent left back to be brought in before the season starts? Thats the minimum that should be required from the bloke ffs, if he can't do that then he's failed in the  transfer window.

I'm talking more about your attitude to things recently, you've become very impatient and very critical of even the slightest thing, in short you're becoming a "please me" type of fan. You using "Fat Sam" is a subconscious message saying "you haven't pleased me Sam, tut tut, for that you become Fat Sam" and to be frank it's fucking immature and does my tits in, especially coming from a normally sane and objective member like you who usually rises above such nonsense.

Head in the clouds?! Because I expect a decent left back to be brought in before the season starts? Thats the minimum that should be required from the bloke ffs, if he can't do that then he's failed in the  transfer window.

I'm talking more about your attitude to things recently, you've become very impatient and very critical of even the slightest thing, in short you're becoming a "please me" type of fan. You using "Fat Sam" is a subconscious message saying "you haven't pleased me Sam, tut tut, for that you become Fat Sam" and to be frank it's fucking immature and does my tits in, especially coming from a normally sane and objective member like you who usually rises above such nonsense.

Are you trying to psychoanalyse Baggio? :lol:

tbh, im not so sure i agree with most of the stuff weve got here. i mean we all know that carr and babyaro are dogshite, but saying that we our season is effectively doomed if we dont sign a left back, right back and centre back is a bit extreme, i mean unlike roeder, we now have a manager who is not going to stand for any crapness. we wont do brilliantly with carr and baba, but i have no doubts our defence will be better than last season even without any new signings, i mean we have geremi and rozenhal already, and i think big sam will make the most of what we do have, i mean a back 4 of solano, taylor, rozenhal and nzogbia/duff is far better than carr taylor bramble babyaro which is what we had last season!! we will still be poor defensivley but less poor- verging even on the poor/below average bracket!!

Worrying. We need four defenders, we're not going to get them though.

I am beginning to get a little anxious, not in the way that I'm turning on Sam as I beleive given time he will do the job here. On the other hand I'm not going to hold back when imo he's talking bollocks as is the case with this new patter about not being able to find 'proper' left backs. Having taken another look at the article it can be said that he is laying the ground for getting a couple of foreign defenders in.

tbh, im not so sure i agree with most of the stuff weve got here. i mean we all know that carr and babyaro are dogshite, but saying that we our season is effectively doomed if we dont sign a left back, right back and centre back is a bit extreme, i mean unlike roeder, we now have a manager who is not going to stand for any crapness. we wont do brilliantly with carr and baba, but i have no doubts our defence will be better than last season even without any new signings, i mean we have geremi and rozenhal already, and i think big sam will make the most of what we do have, i mean a back 4 of solano, taylor, rozenhal and nzogbia/duff is far better than carr taylor bramble babyaro which is what we had last season!! we will still be poor defensivley but less poor- verging even on the poor/below average bracket!!

I hope to god this isn't Mr Mort's mission statement.

I hope to god this isn't Mr Mort's mission statement.

It's etched on the inside of every cubical in the toilets within the club, just for the purpose of clarity.  blueyes.gif

I am beginning to get a little anxious, not in the way that I'm turning on Sam as I beleive given time he will do the job here. On the other hand I'm not going to hold back when imo he's talking bollocks as is the case with this new patter about not being able to find 'proper' left backs. Having taken another look at the article it can be said that he is laying the ground for getting a couple of foreign defenders in.

I'm on total disagreement with Sam on this one. The best full backs know how to attack as well as defend - Gary Neville for example, who has set up countless goals in his time. I don't want a full back who gets a nosebleed when he reaches halfway.

I'm on total disagreement with Sam on this one. The best full backs know how to attack as well as defend - Gary Neville for example, who has set up countless goals in his time. I don't want a full back who gets a nosebleed when he reaches halfway.

Beautifully echoing my sentiments on the role of the modern full back earlier Wullster. :razz:

That's one thing Carr has in his favour over the youngsters, at least he kinda knows how to overlap and that.

That's one thing Carr has in his favour over the youngsters, at least he kinda knows how to overlap and that.

The trouble with Carr is that he can't get back so he becomes a liability.

The trouble with Carr is that he can't get back so he becomes a liability.

We should tie a bungie to the corner flag and around his waist so it pulls the fucker back.

I think  that its clear that we do need 4 new defenders, and slightly dissapionting(nothing more, nothing less) that we seem to have hit a brick wall in our acquisition, but i think people seem to forget that SA organisation alone of our current defence would make an improvment of 10-15 goas, how many points would that equate to??

He stated he wanted a defensive-minded LB, that doesn't mean the guy doesn't know how to get forward but rather knows better when to overlap and understands his priorities with more clarity.

Personally I think he was saying he doesn't want Shorey or Baines because they're not good enough at the primary role of a LB, which is to defend.

Pretty sure Sorin knows when to stay and when to go, for example.