Sam says no new left-back?

KaKa

Guest shaun11177

So presumably Sam would never have signed Roberto Carlos-too attacking mate.

Its also clear that Ashley has no intention of putting in any of his own money-no change from FF.

His one target was Abidal who was linked to Barcelona before the season began anyway-chances of getting him were zero.

Sam lets the cat out of the bag when he says im still trying to convince the new owners to buy big.

Forget 4-5-1 if we don't get a good left-back. Good full-backs are absolutely crucial for that formation to be effective. Our options appear to be Babayaro and Huntington at the moment.

Dunno like.  Was on the till at work and some mong was buying the Daily Star on Sunday, who's back page read,

"Heinze means Baines"  (surely the shittest and worst attempt at a pun ever).

Seems an ideal signing, good calibre, versatile and club captain. Coupled with Geremi will surely spell the end of the Troll.

Heinze and Baines would do me to complete our backline...ok go on, throw Sol Campbell in aswell.

Bad idea.

Heinze meanz Baines would be on the bench.

(Sorry, couldn't resist)

Greatest pun ever...

Guest Toon83

This does not look good for newcastle.

Big Sam had been promised funds when he signed, and now they are telling him he has £10m, which is nothing these days, not even with Sam's abilities to wheel and deal.

It looks like we could end up buying £1-2m players, which will not get us up the table IMO, we need to spend big on a new defence and not be looking at smaller players

Guest Toonie

i think the issue is that we have no money. We have only spent 1.5 million this summer when you include parker's fee into it. if we had money to spend. we could just offer man Utd 6 million and they would give heinze to us. that is way better for them than him going to liverpool which he is now suing Utd. to let him.

i think the issue is that we have no money. We have only spent 1.5 million this summer when you include parker's fee into it. if we had money to spend. we could just offer man Utd 6 million and they would give heinze to us. that is way better for them than him going to liverpool which he is now suing Utd. to let him.

Think Heinze might have something to say about that, Buying a player aint like buying a second hand car

Guest Moe-Ali

Its true though, there aren't any good defensive left backs.

Left footers are so rare, that the best left footers will be on the left wing. What good would it do to have youth coaches playing their best player at left back?

There was only one good left back in the world and he went to Barcelona, I find that very hard to believe.

No-one ever said that, sam said the best of the lot was abidal and hes gone to barca

Guest Invicta_Toon

if that was the case we would have won the league years ago

heinze doesnt want to come, and as far as baines goes it looks like a mixture of sam not liking him and whelan not selling to ashley, or then again you could subscribe to the  notion that they're just not gonna give sam ANY money, who knows, time will tell i suppose, i trust sam though

Guest Deep456

Lowering the already ridiculously high expectations.

I prefer this to the couple of drivel merchants in charge previously.

At least he's telling it like it is

Lowering? no i expect us to sign a left back, ive expected this for years, we should at least bid for Baines, TRY and get him imo, anything is better than Baba and an out of position NZogbia

You don't count for all toons fans k.........

We really should just up and sign Baines tbh. Not the greatest defensively but he's excellent going forward and will get better at the back...

A supply range of Milner/Solano/Geremi/N'Zogbia/Baines to Michael Owen and Mark Viduka is just cum-worthy.

We really should just up and sign Baines tbh. Not the greatest defensively but he's excellent going forward and will get better at the back...

A supply range of Milner/Solano/Geremi/N'Zogbia/Baines to Michael Owen and Mark Viduka is just cum-worthy.

Speak for yourself. :lol:

Probably agree on Baines though.

Guest Invicta_Toon

but Sam says......

It's true though.

N'Zogbia and Baines supplying from the left, Milner and Solano supplying from the right - with Geremi playing the playmaker role, through balls, and Joey Barton as the box to box workhorse. All forward to Owen and Viduka?

That's potentially top 4 material from an attacking point of view. It just is. Could be exaggerating. Definitely Top 6 though.

It's true though.

N'Zogbia and Baines supplying from the left, Milner and Solano supplying from the right - with Geremi playing the playmaker role, through balls, and Joey Barton as the box to box workhorse. All forward to Owen and Viduka?

That's potentially top 4 material from an attacking point of view. It just is. Could be exaggerating. Definitely Top 6 though.

Is this the same Michael Owen who cannot play more than one game before being out for two months? Or did we sign another striker by the name of Michael Owen?

Guest Alan Shearer 9

I think Diego Placente (Argentina international formerly with Bayer Leverkusen,River Plate) would be a good signing (currently out of contract with Celta Vigo).... Rangers, Olympiakos are interested in signing him.........

Very good call, he would be more solid than Baba but he's not a great player; remember Milner ripping him

I think Diego Placente (Argentina international formerly with Bayer Leverkusen,River Plate) would be a good signing (currently out of contract with Celta Vigo).... Rangers, Olympiakos are interested in signing him.........

Very good call, he would be more solid than Baba but he's not a great player; remember Milner ripping him

Best days were at Bayer where he played in 3-5-2 wingback position.

be absolutely nooo good for us what so ever.  think nuno valente but worse.  pass from me.

think bring back bernard and see if can get him fit.  he cant be pass it yet.