Hull City 1 - 0 Newcastle (friendly) - post match reaction from page 13

Kev

Did anyone watch the game? what were the kids like?

Well, they looked like kids playing against experienced professionals, for the most part. Carroll won a lot in the air. Lua Lua looked tricky and quite composed - he seemed to have a better football brain than his older brother. Edgar did well.

The others made an effort, but couldn't make any impact. Usual picture for youngsters of being too easily muscled off the ball, and not choosing the right options.

A 15 year old Dutch lad came on at the end, and nearly scored. He's got to be the youngest player ever to play for us, surely.

Did anyone watch the game? what were the kids like?

A 15 year old Dutch lad came on at the end, and nearly scored. He's got to be the youngest player ever to play for us, surely.

Someone clarify? lol

Thx for kid info.

first post since I got back from the match.

Points to be made for anyone that didn't see it:-

The result was nowt, it really was men against boys for most of the game.  That was pretty much the youth team.

Either Hull are really s***, didn't try, or we have a set of superstars on our hands, because IMO the kids held out very well.  In theory, Hull should have battered them.

Darren Lough (playing left back) had a better game than Babayaro has done in most of his games in an NUFC shirt.  I think we'll see this kid thrown in the deep end at some point in the season if we don't get a left back in.

I think Sam's had us working on set pieces (offensively).  Anyone who saw the chance (Wiafe?)-Danquah missed will have seen Hunty (IIRC) was totally unmarked coming in round the back to knock it back across goal.  Looked like a training ground move.

Andy Carroll appeared to be our man in the air at defending set pieces, seemed to make every clearance.

Slightly less important points:-

The KC Stadium is s***

Hull is s***

Hull are s***

There was a bloke in the Hull end in a mackem top.  Doubt he made it home with that top on

We spent the evening having to endure Soccer AM chanting, and other stuff like "Shall we sing a song for you?" and "Who are ya?" from a bunch of about 30 14 year old's.

One of these 14 year olds was wearing a bucket hat and got the pissed ripped out of him from our lot.

Good chants regarding the flood down there:-

"You're just a town full of water, town full of water"

"Stand up if your house is dry"

"You only sing when you're drowing"

"Get ya wellies on, get ya wellies on"

The worst chant of te night game from them, "Premiership, your having a laugh". I mean fkn hell man it was nowhere near a Premiership team that faced them, Sam did the right thing though, there was no point at all risking any more players just to play a team like Hull.

The kids held their own really, the 15 year old Dutch kid is a striker but blasted his chance over the bar, to be fair to him though he did have to really stretch to reach it.

All clubs use pre-season friendlies to play the kids as well. Stop being such a bunch of tarts.

Not when people are traveling down forking out money,at least get some first teamers in though.

Can completely understand why allardyce done it though.

Just a waste of a journey though for me

Meh.

This should have been advertised as Hull City v A Newcastle United XI.

Will lose not a wink of sleep over tonight, good run out for the kids.

Aye

It wasn't even a reserve team ! It was the youth team,a 15 year old playing aswell

Guest Invicta_Toon

does anyone who keeps claiming it was men against boys want to post the team sheet up? I've heard at least Zogbia and Geremi were on

amd shouldnt young premiership level talent beat a bunch of championship level sloggers anyway? or are we blaming the pitch aswell?

does anyone who keeps claiming it was men against boys want to post the team sheet up? I've heard at least Zogbia and Geremi were on

amd shouldnt young premiership level talent beat a bunch of championship level sloggers anyway? or are we blaming the pitch aswell?

If you add up all Premiership appearances for players in both teams, Hull would have thrashed us.

FUCKING YAWN, YOU CUNT.

Guest Invicta_Toon

FUCKING YAWN, YOU CUNT.

take it that's a no then. well done

Guest newcastle4life

Dissapointed but it was a small unimportant match with a youth team out mostly rather than giving the main squad match fitness because of injuries hopefully the team better for the last match and the start of the season.

'As a quick check, 20 of the 23 players we named tonight have come through (or are still among) our Academy ranks, while only 8 of the 17 players who were used have ever played a senior competitive game for the club. '

from .com

Guest Invicta_Toon

'As a quick check, 20 of the 23 players we named tonight have come through (or are still among) our Academy ranks, while only 8 of the 17 players who were used have ever played a senior competitive game for the club. '

from .com

so what was the point of the match then?

from .com

To judge the youngsters, give them a game and incentive, and to say hello to an old pal. Full team back out for the next friendly though.

Guest Invicta_Toon

from .com

To judge the youngsters, give them a game and incentive, and to say hello to an old pal. Full team back out for the next friendly though.

I wonder if Hull knew that beforehand

from .com

Probably not, but it got bums on seats (money in the coffers) and their fans went away happy.

They could also be keeping Andy Carroll.

Guest Invicta_Toon

from .com

Probably not, but it got bums on seats (money in the coffers) and their fans went away happy.

if I was a Hull fan I wouldn't have been happy

from .com

They didn't look unhappy last night.

from .com

You're only happy when you've got something to be miserable about anyway tbh. :lol: