Smudger signs 5 year deal.

Dave
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

I pity him to be honest.First he couldnt stop Viduka from coming here and then,when it seems like they are going to get Smith,we spoilt their plans and Smith decided that joining us is a better option.But really,he doesnt need to say silly things.I wonder if he gets to talk with a big player such as Rooney or Drogba(of course it will never happen),he would be jumping off from a building I think.

SPACE BAR!

this man has been a joke since taking over the boro job

Boro fans, the only people in the Country that wish Sven was still in charge of England.

bluelaugh.gif

You must be joking, they hated McClaren.

this man has been a joke since taking over the boro job

Boro fans, the only people in the Country that wish Sven was still in charge of England.

bluelaugh.gif

You must be joking, they hated McClaren.

Hates a strong word.

They must love southgate then?  :lol:

A very encouraging debut by Smudger. I wonder if any of the 200 odd who voted "Fuck off not at that price" are having second thoughts.

I'm one of them.

Like i said, i thought we could spend £6m a lot better, but he's here, and he gets my full support.

I don't mind admitting that.

Can i just be the 1st to say:  mackems.gif :lol: bluelaugh.gif ;D

Smith bid buoys Southgate

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11095_2642690,00.html

Gareth Southgate feels it was an 'achievement' that Middlesbrough were close to signing Alan Smith.

The England striker has signed for Newcastle United from Manchester United and marked his Magpies debut with the winner against Sampdoria on Sunday.

But Smith also gave serious thought to a move to Middlesbrough, according to Riverside boss Southgate.

And the Boro manager has gleaned encouragement from his club's efforts to sign Smith as he looks to strengthen his squad before the start of the season.

Desperate to succeed

"I spoke with him and we were in there right until the very end," said Southgate in the Daily Mail.

"That was quite an achievement in that obviously we weren't offering the same transfer package as other teams who fell by the wayside much earlier.

"But Alan felt his career opportunities were better at Newcastle.

"We would ideally like to bring in a couple more players if we can.

"We have to cut our cloth accordingly and the gates we get will have an impact, so we are appealing to fans.

"We are desperate to succeed and we need the fans with us."

:lol:

Thats what we'd be getting from Roeder last season. Woodgate will be a Newcastle player in 12 months in my opinion.

Saw some compilations of Alan Smith earlier today. I knew that he wants to tackle, but fucking hell!! There was one situation where he made 3-4 flying tackles in a period of around 15 seconds  :lol: Talk about International superstar soccer deluxe tackles from the early 90th's......he surely seems to throw himself in to those situations very often. I like it as long as it doesn't end up in too many yellow/red cards..

Reminds me of a Pitbull fed with raw meat and steroids tbh.

I wasn't that much of the idea of signing Smith. But now he's here and he has my full support. ONe thing for sure is that we will se 110% comitted performances from his. And he can play in a few positions also. Talked to some friends last saturday evening, they all liked him and said that he's a good player and was well liked at the club amongst other players and fans...

A very encouraging debut by Smudger. I wonder if any of the 200 odd who voted "Fuck off not at that price" are having second thoughts.

I am, and happy to say so. That's why Sam's a top manager and I'm :-[

Especially considering the often-questionable fitness of Viduka and Owen (and the former's age), looks a shrewd buy.

Oh, and the Southgate quotes, unbelievable... don't think he will get the fans on his side with that sort of stuff.

He's not the most technically gifted of players but will make up for it with commitment, aggression and perseverance, which are some of the facets that this team seriously lacked last year.

For 6 million it's a shrewd buy I would say. By all accounts he put two in the net yesterday which betters our other strikers (Luque apart!).

'Viduka had flashed a header wide in the first half, and it’s great now that United have some aerial power up front for the first time since Alan Shearer retired.

To be fair to Obafemi Martins, he can get in the odd prodigious leap – as he did yesterday for Smith to be wrongly ruled offside, in my view, just before he headed a legitimate goal.'

More bollocks from Alan Oliver.

Guest unrealterrorist

Do we really have to call him Smudger? :(

Yes.

it makes us sound like leeds and man u fans. do you really want that?

Its a popular nick name for someone named simth. we would only sound like leeds and Man u fans if we lost about 100IQ points each and started saying "t" instead the the.

I can't believe that the "f*** off not at that price" number has increased since his debut.

f****** cretins!!!

Football is all about opinions.

But there are still some "opinions" that defy belief!!!!!!!!

Smith is a banker to be one of the bext buys of any club in this close season.