Smudger signs 5 year deal.

Dave
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Not very sure/happy over the Smith for Dyer swap.

First, If we're paying as much as we're getting, then don't think we are getting our money worth. If the argument is that Dyer is injury prone, then it can be counter argued that Smith just recovered from a horrible injury himself and we don't know for sure if he has recovered fully.

Second I see Smith as a grafter, hardworking but limited midfielder/striker. Against a defensive team, he won't bring anything extra that can open up their defence, not the way Dyer can.

Third, I've always believe that pace is crucial for any team. Doubt Owen is that fast anymore, which means the only pace we have left is Oba and maybe Zoggy (though the latter is probably not in the first 11). Replacing Dyer with Smith means we have lost an outlet for pace which to me at least is bad.

Having said all that, if we are still gonna replace Dyer with a pacey dribbling midfielder (provided we get a LB and one more CB too), then I guess Smith is ok, only wish we had not paid 6 Mil, we are selling Dyer at a discount to market price and buying Smith at a premium. 

One thought, when the ball goes into the mixer for free kicks and corners we're going to be a nightmare to defend against. Stacks of power, aggression and finishing skills all packed into the box. 

One thought, when the ball goes into the mixer for free kicks and corners we're going to be a nightmare to defend against. Stacks of power, aggression and finishing skills all packed into the box. 

Good point, even Taylor has a decent finish on him from his time before he was converted to a defender.

I don't know about others, but for me, since he has been at Leeds, Alan Smith has always looked like a player who would one day play for Newcastle. I dont know why, he just had the look.

I thought the same about Duff and Butt, and look where they are now.

Still a bit short on the actual taking set-piece department. Who can do the duty well enough when Geremi is out of the picture?

I don't know about others, but for me, since he has been at Leeds, Alan Smith has always looked like a player who would one day play for Newcastle. I dont know why, he just had the look.

You're a strange bod.

So who else do you think will play for us in the future?

Yet you conveniently left it until he's discussing personal terms before you told us.

:laugh: Talk about wise after the event.

Still a bit short on the actual taking set-piece department. Who can do the duty well enough when Geremi is out of the picture?

Nobby. If we'd actually let the bugger take our corners last season, we'd have scored more goals. Milner's a decent set piece deliverer aswell. Madness that Emre was permanentaly elected that role.

John Arne Riise, Wayne Rooney, Joe Cole and David Bentley.

John Arne Riise, Wayne Rooney, Joe Cole and David Bentley.

He should have come here in the first place!

Not very sure/happy over the Smith for Dyer swap.

First, If we're paying as much as we're getting, then don't think we are getting our money worth.

The mass inflation of this summer's transfer market has meant that £6m is probably the going rate for such a player. And if Parker and Dyer are going for 'more than £6m', £6m more Smith is a pretty fair evaluation in today's market.

Yet you conveniently left it until he's discussing personal terms before you told us.

I'm sure I've said it before. I certainly recall posting about a dream I had back when Butt was getting lots of games for Manyoo that he scored the winning goal in the FA Cup for us versus Chelsea.

Had a good old long kip, got up with the hope there would be good news and see this, I am gutted this is utter s**** selling Dyer and buying Smith is totaly fkn stupid. Sell one injury prone problem player for an even worse injury prone problem player.

I would rather we used the money to strengthen the defence than waste it on that arsehole.

I'm certain that Smith will get no. 17 by the way. Either that or 8.

:lol: 8 or 17. You mean the only two numbers that are available in the first 20. You don't say! :lol:

Apart from 3 and 6 you mean?

If Smith gets 3 or 6 i'll let James jizz on my manbreasts, i really am that confident.

I'm certain that Smith will get no. 17 by the way. Either that or 8.

:lol: 8 or 17. You mean the only two numbers that are available in the first 20. You don't say! :lol:

3, 6, 13 and 18 are also available.

Not so smart now are we :p