Smudger signs 5 year deal.

Dave
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Quality? Well surely he would go to a top 6 club?

Sorry nobody wanted him

that could be said about so many players

It's a ludicrous argument because it means by definition we can never ever sign anyone good enough. Always a laugh to see it used though.

The key to the team is in who is organising it. Smith will be a valuable player for what Allardyce wants to bring to this club to get us winning matches, and will add to the choices already at his disposal.

One thing Smith will bring is bite and a spine in away matches that few of our players fancied using over the last few seasons. Not to mention his versatility and experience of being in one of the best teams in the world and winning things.

Dependant on where and who we are playing he will be very useful IMO.

And whilst its going a little step too far, id say there are few sides in the league that can match our versatility up front.

"Quality? Well surely he would go to a top 6 club?

Sorry nobody wanted him

that could be said about so many players

It's a ludicrous argument because it means by definition we can never ever sign anyone good enough. Always a laugh to see it used though.

it deserves a proper title.

"the bellamy clause" perhaps

The key to the team is in who is organising it. Smith will be a valuable player for what Allardyce wants to bring to this club to get us winning matches, and will add to the choices already at his disposal.

One thing Smith will bring is bite and a spine in away matches that few of our players fancied using over the last few seasons. Not to mention his versatility and experience of being in one of the best teams in the world and winning things.

Dependant on where and who we are playing he will be very useful IMO.

And whilst its going a little step too far, id say there are few sides in the league that can match our versatility up front.

.... just waiting for Douga to say "But apart from that..."

Sorry nobody wanted him

ironically baring in mind he reached the champs league semis with leeds,then been to man utd,he's taking a step down to come here

Sorry nobody wanted him

ironically baring in mind he reached the champs league semis with leeds,then been to man utd,he's taking a step down to come here

A step down or a potential step across!!

Lets see how Sam's work unfolds :D

Guest firetotheworks

The top 6 argument is flawed, Chelsea have enough strikers and midfielders, as do Liverpool and Spurs. Hes hardly an Arsenal type player and Everton and Bolton did try and get him.

Douga's like Northern Monkey's miserable cousin.

Thats a good point.  With all this recent good news going on,  it looks like that miserable fucking cunt won't be posting as much :thup:

The top 6 argument is flawed, Chelsea have enough strikers and midfielders, as do Liverpool and Spurs. Hes hardly an Arsenal type player and Everton and Bolton did try and get him.

Spurs were alledgedly interested, but your point is spot on.

I know, perhaps I should have just made up something back instead, like "Well Smith has scored over 200 goals in his career so far."  Thats far less sad.

I'm guessing that Douga may not be very old.

I'm sure Douga would have only got one over on you and forced you to cheat by using facts in the end.  :lol:

Guest kingdawson

i hate to break it to you KD, but he's never in his career scored more than 6 PL goals in a season.

whilst at sprurs, jenas has managed 7 and 8 goals a season and that was with him missing 3 months of the season. He's ratio is probably a goal every 4/5 games which is probably better then smiths record playing upfront.

Douga's like Northern Monkey's miserable cousin.

Thats a good point.  With all this recent good news going on,  it looks like that miserable fucking cunt won't be posting as much :thup:

No need for that like.

Guest optimistic nit

so you would rather have 11 players with drive and desire rather than 11 with quality?

thote so

11 smiths or 11 ronaldos?

aye, because ronaldo has no desire :lol:

i hate to break it to you KD, but he's never in his career scored more than 6 PL goals in a season.

whilst at sprurs, jenas has managed 7 and 8 goals a season and that was with him missing 3 months of the season. He's ratio is probably a goal every 4/5 games which is probably better then smiths record playing upfront.

But it's still not 10 a season :lol:

Guest firetotheworks

so you would rather have 11 players with drive and desire rather than 11 with quality?

thote so

11 smiths or 11 ronaldos?

Just looked back over a few posts, again this doesnt add up like. Im not hugely impressed with signing Smith but the point your making is kind of insinuating that both ronaldo has no drive or desire and that smith has no quality. The smith without quality is something that we'll have to wait and see with imo considering he was hardly played at man utd, but the ronaldo without drive and desire is just plain crazy talk.

It's been pointed out to kingdawson before that he doesn't rate Kevin Nolan but rates Jenas purely on the basis that he "scores goals", despite the fact that he scores less than Nolan on average.

Guest firetotheworks

I think your posts should always be ended with 'this poster thinks Berbatov is a better footballer than shearer' to detract any credibility from what you say. In this case though, fair point. Jenas didnt work for us, he does for you. Smith did work in a certain capacity for Man Utd and Leeds, maybe he'll work in the same capacity with us well, or another one even better. I'll sit on the fence for a bit and give Smith the benefit of any doubts.

So if Viduka scores in the first half at Bolton then gets an injury that keeps him out for the rest of the season, we get to brag we've got a striker that scores 38 a season?

Class!  :lol:

Guest optimistic nit

so we're counting goals in all competitions are we? I really don't like it when people do that, bearing in mind you could be counting goals against macclesfield and fk ventrispils. So to summarise despite starting 10 times more than sibierski, he scored the same amount of goals. I know sibierski is a striker, but he's shit, and only 3 of those goals were in the PL.

I think smith could do a job. never good enough to start for manure, with rooney, smith and others there, did well at leeds though. He seems to be one of those players who is massively underated due to making a bad career move. go back 4 years and tell me you wouldn't have signed him then. i wanted him when he went to manure.

Guest JamesD

So if Viduka scores in the first half at Bolton then gets an injury that keeps him out for the rest of the season, we get to brag we've got a striker that scores 38 a season?

well...its if the first half, i'd go with the assumption that he'd do it again after the break, which leads to 76 a season.

well...its if the first half, i'd go with the assumption that he'd do it again after the break, which leads to 76 a season.

TheoreticalProbabilitytastic!  :cheesy:

Guest optimistic nit

by the way 5 of the 8 goals jeenas scored last season break down thus: Sheffield United (2), Watford, Slavia Prague, Southend. See why i think counting the last 2 in a players average is just stupid.

5 assists isn't brilliant in all competitions for an entire season either btw. didn't he miss an open goal vs arsenal as well?