Martins not for sale - Sam

Guest gggg

Wasn't his source for the Edmilson deal some bloke who had a pub out there?

Something like that.

Someone on here came on saying that he was this guys friend and business partner, and that the guy hadn't spoken to Oliver for months.

Guest Gemmill

Just seen this on another forum, dont know if its been posted on here?...Someone emailed the Chronicle complaining about Oliver..

We stand by our story about Martins despite Sam Allardyce insisting it wasspeculation. Alan Oliver has a vast network of contacts within football - managers,former managers, players, former players, agents, scouts - in fact hehas the best network of contacts of any journalist I have worked with inover 30 years in journalism. We have not revealed - and will not reveal - the source of that story, butif we were able to you, would realise that the story was accurate. So I would totally refute any suggestion that any stories Alan writes arewithout foundation. It's not that long ago Alan was getting stick for linking Newcastle with amove for Edmilson - but those who thought this story was a fabrication weremade to eat their words when it was confirmed that United officials hadbeen out in Barcelona talking to the Brazilian. Last week we were the first to reveal that West Ham wanted Kieron Dyer -again people doubted that story, but days later Allardyce admitted thatDyer may have to leave because of family problems. In tonight's Chroniclewe reveal that talks are ongoing with West Ham over Dyer. Of course fans are entitled to their own opinion on Alan Oliver. But I can tell you that he is totally committed to trying to keep Unitedfans up to date with developments at St James' Park - never an easy job asaccess to players/officials is limited and even when you do speak topeople in football these days, more often than not they do not want to goon the record. So we are often left to give an insight into what is going on at NUFCwithout those involved actually sticking their heads above the parapet andbeing quoted. Yesterday's story about Martins underlined a general concern about the lackof money so far made available to Allardyce to strengthen the United squad,something which I know from the emails we have received is a worry formany fans. Paul NewSports EditorEvening Chronicle"

So basically Oliver has this bloke believing his bullshit too.  If Oliver's network of contacts was that good, he wouldn't be writing comic stories for that shitrag.

well it's his boss, so if he didn't believe him he wouldnt be there would he?

Yeah you got me there Vic.

"Yesterday's story about Martins underlined a general concern about the lackof money so far made available to Allardyce to strengthen the United squad,something which I know from the emails we have received is a worry formany fans. Paul NewSports EditorEvening Chronicle"

Fuck off.

"Yesterday's story about Martins underlined a general concern about the standard of sports journalism in the north east, something which I know from the emails we have received is pissing most fans right off at the moment."

Fixed the quote.

Tomorrow's NOTW:

IT'S ALL OBA

By David Harrison

SAM ALLARDYCE might be forced to sell striker Obafemi Martins to ease Newcastle's cash crisis.

New Toon owner Mike Ashley is reluctant to provide the transfer funds needed by Big Sam to transform the club.

A club source said: "There was talk of former chairman Freddy Shepherd giving Sam £50million to spend.

"But he is now in a situation where he needs to generate his own funding and Martins (left) is a very saleable asset."

The 17-goal Nigerian hitman was linked with a move to Arsenal earlier this summer.

Personally, I don't see an ounce of truth in this. They press have been playing this story all summer and he's still here.

Where the f*** was Shepherd going to get £50 million from? :lol:

His own back pocket?  bluelaugh.gif bluelaugh.gif bluelaugh.gif bluelaugh.gif bluelaugh.gif bluelaugh.gif bluelaugh.gif bluelaugh.gif bluelaugh.gif bluelaugh.gif bluelaugh.gif bluelaugh.gif bluelaugh.gif bluelaugh.gif bluelaugh.gif bluelaugh.gif bluelaugh.gif bluelaugh.gif bluelaugh.gif bluelaugh.gif bluelaugh.gif bluelaugh.gif bluelaugh.gif bluelaugh.gif bluelaugh.gif bluelaugh.gif bluelaugh.gif bluelaugh.gif bluelaugh.gif bluelaugh.gif bluelaugh.gif bluelaugh.gif bluelaugh.gif bluelaugh.gif bluelaugh.gif bluelaugh.gif bluelaugh.gif bluelaugh.gif bluelaugh.gif bluelaugh.gif bluelaugh.gif bluelaugh.gif bluelaugh.gif bluelaugh.gif bluelaugh.gif bluelaugh.gif bluelaugh.gif bluelaugh.gif bluelaugh.gif bluelaugh.gif bluelaugh.gif bluelaugh.gif bluelaugh.gif bluelaugh.gif bluelaugh.gif bluelaugh.gif bluelaugh.gif bluelaugh.gif bluelaugh.gif bluelaugh.gif....seriously though, I really have no idea.

It seems that some of the newspapers like the express, which was supportive of shepherd, are continuing to back their mate. Saying that fat freddy would have given 50 million to big sam is just trying to paint the new owners in a bad light.

Guest Knightrider

Lee Clark would be my guess. For the source that is.

I've heard the same thing, I've also heard Clarkie won't be at Newcastle much longer as Sam isn't impressed at all with him and neither are a few players.

I've heard the same thing, I've also heard Clarkie won't be at Newcastle much longer as Sam isn't impressed at all with him and neither are a few players.

But we're not allowed to criticise Clarkie as we haven't actually seen him at work and for all we know he could be a brilliant coach.  :rolleyes:

Guest firetotheworks

Lee Clarks CV that he sent to Newcastle for the coaches job

'Lee Clark, Qualifications: Geordie'

Freddy Shepherd: 'SOLD!'

Guest Knightrider

But we're not allowed to criticise Clarkie as we haven't actually seen him at work and for all we know he could be a brilliant coach.  :rolleyes:

All I know is that when Big Sam first took over he asked every player at the club to list all their problems and he'd look into them all, a few were unhappy with Clark.

All I know is that when Big Sam first took over he asked every player at the club to list all their problems and he'd look into them all, a few were unhappy with Clark.

Zog, Luque and Martins?

Guest Knightrider

Zog, Luque and Martins?

Don't know but there is a running joke at the club if you want a favourable write up, ask Clarkie to bend the ear of his mates at Thompson House :D

Guest Guinness

Tomorrow's NOTW:

IT'S ALL OBA

By David Harrison

SAM ALLARDYCE might be forced to sell striker Obafemi Martins to ease Newcastle's cash crisis.

New Toon owner Mike Ashley is reluctant to provide the transfer funds needed by Big Sam to transform the club.

A club source said: "There was talk of former chairman Freddy Shepherd giving Sam £50million to spend.

"But he is now in a situation where he needs to generate his own funding — and Martins (left) is a very saleable asset."

The 17-goal Nigerian hitman was linked with a move to Arsenal earlier this summer.

Personally, I don't see an ounce of truth in this. They press have been playing this story all summer and he's still here.

So that's why WE pulled the Dyer deal then? That's why we've reportedly put in bids for Enrique and Drago? Seriously I'd have thought the sunday rags would have something better to report than another Martins story.

Those quotes have come from someone who's very bitter Shephered is no longer at the club.