Dragutinovic - Set to sign new Sevilla contract

Guest TrEe

Guest niina

Don't worry too much if we don't sign him, hopefully we can get better player for a position like him (left back/center back). He is quite old and don't have Premier League experience.

So far we sign:

- Joey Barton: young (24) and have Premier League experience

- Mark Viduka: old (31) but have a lot of Premier League experience

- David Rozehnal: doesn't have Premier League experience but still quite young (27) to learn and adapt

- Geremi: in the ok age (28) and have a lot of Premier League experience

- Alan Smith: still quite young (26) and have a lot of Premier League experience

- Jose Enrique: doesn't have Premier League experience but still very young (21) to learn and adapt

- Cacapa: old (31) and doesn't have Premier League experience. For me the jury still out for this one.

So Ivica Dragutinovic is 32, he is older than Viduka and Cacapa, and doesn't have any Premier League experience. Even if he sign for us, I'm not too happy beside the fact we have more body in our squad.

Marca said a fee had been agreed, which is probably right. I think the Enrique deal has scuppered this one.

That's how I see it, too. He knows now that he is not likely to be first choice at either centre half or left back. So it's no wonder that he might prefer to stay at a club where he already has established himself in the first team.

Guest Wally_McFool

Still On? ....  thats just another example of Comical Olly being way behind with the news again surely!  ;D

Still On? ....  thats just another example of Comical Olly being way behind with the news again surely!  ;D

To be fair to AO, he does have a quote from Sam to back him up:

Hopefully we will get something done later this week.

Sams quote was about installing his new BBQ in his new house though, 2 and 2 together springs to mind!

TBH, if Anal is telling the truth (quotes wise) then there is every chance that the deal is still on. It would be very un-allardyce to say something like that if it was "dead in the water".

Fingers crossed Allardyce will put alot of effort into this one.

Price has been bunked up a bit mind. Can't find any Spanish links yet that says we've bid £4m now though.

Depending on our financial state, i wouldn't mind. Although i would still think it is less than that.

Could well follow a similar p[attern to the Rozenhal signing. He said similar stuff about staying in Paris before signing. If we make it clear we still want him I'd be surprised if Drago can turn down a big pay rise.

Guest Newbie

Just wonder if he's trying to get us to up our wages offer even more, classic play both sides off against each other and take the highest offer.

Don't understand why the deal would still be on, certainly not at that price. We currently have 2 LBs in Baba and Enrique and back-up in The Zog / Edgar / etc.

(Unless he thinks he's up to a CB job and cover for LB if needed)

Don't understand why the deal would still be on, certainly not at that price. We currently have 2 LBs in Baba and Enrique and back-up in The Zog / Edgar / etc.

(Unless he thinks he's up to a CB job and cover for LB if needed)

Baba Edgar and Zog are not good enough as LB

Drago would be more suited to playing LB straight away giving Enrique time to adapt which Sam says he wants he is very suited to play against the lies of Bolton and would be a good signing.

This one looks dead in the water, wonder who is next on Sam's list?

As a couple have said already it looks like the Enrique and Cacapa deals may have scuppered this one. With Enrique taking the left back spot and Taylor, Roz and Cacapa I think Drago knew/suspected he'd be here on a rotation basis. Considering Javi Navarro is out for two months, he could be getting more games over there and with Champions League games and an improved contract, I think the switch became less attractive.

Marca seems spot-on to me. Their journalists are actually close to the clubs, whereas here they aren't so make b*llocks up. The clubs in Spain normally use the press to their advantage a lot more than over here. It's accepted over there for a President of a club to go to someone like Marca saying who he intends to sign. You don't get that as much here.

Would anyone take a promising youngster from a lower league club that could play CB or LB?? Just wandering, our 1st choice defence is almost sorted depending on how much you think Carr has improved during this pre-season, so I don't think it would be a huge risk picking from the lower leagues?