Dragutinovic - Set to sign new Sevilla contract

Guest TrEe

I wouldn't pay more than 4m for him simply because of his age and lack of resale value, and the fact that he only has a year left on his current contract. Any more and it would just be a rip off, regardless of how much we need bodies in defence.

This would be a very good short-term signing. He's only got a year left on his contract and Juande Ramos (Sevilla coach) said today that "anything is possible" regarding Drago while the window is open.

The Spanish press have mentioned 3 - 5M euros (roughly £2 - 3.5m). The low price reflects the fact he's 32 in November and only has a year on his contract.

Mags Serbia, if you read this, what's your take on him? (Assuming you know more about him than we do)

I seen Dragutinovic several times and Dragutinovic is very good player.I think that He is better than Babayaro but He is too old for us for this price(8-12 M euros)

Dragutinovic is also very strong player , 6′ 1″ tall and seems the classic Allardyce type defender...

I seen Dragutinovic several times and Dragutinovic is very good player.I think that He is better than Babayaro but He is too old for us for this price(8-12 M euros)

Dragutinovic is also very strong player...

AS have quoted as little as 3M euros but I think it was Marca quoted 5M euros. Given he'll leave for nothing next summer, apparently fancies a move to England, and he's nearly 32, I don't think he'll be that expensive at all.

I think this rumour's got mileage in it, Sevilla sound ready to do a deal, the player apparently wants a move to England and he suits Allardyce's profile because of his experience and versatility. He's exactly what we're looking for, if a bit short-term.

Guest SwissMagpie

Draga fits the profile that Big Sam said.but i think it will be a problem with his pace if he plays as LB

Draga fits the profile that Big Sam said.but i think it will be a problem with his pace if he plays as LB

Agreed 100 %.

Heinze isn't that fast at LB either, but would have been welcomed by most on here. Besides, I think Sam is looking for a LB who has more of a defensive mindset anyway.

Didn't see this anywhere.

The Guardian Rumour Mill has a glib comment about Sam pursuing Lilian Thuram

"Sam Allardyce is set to shatter his reputation for begin a canny operator in the transfer market by selling Obafemi Martins to pay for Alan Smith. However he may restore it by picking up Lilian Thuram from Barcelona."

http://football.guardian.co.uk/rumourmill

Is this rumour found anywhere else?

"Sam Allardyce is set to shatter his reputation for begin a canny operator in the transfer market by selling Obafemi Martins to pay for Alan Smith. However he may restore it by picking up Lilian Thuram from Barcelona."

Instantly discredits anything else there..

Do you get-recognize-understand sarcasm at all? 

The Guardian is merely recounting the rumours that are being reported elsewhere-- and pointing out that some of them are nuts. I know where they picked up the rubbish about selling Martins, I would like to know who originally reported the link with Thuram.

Do you get-recognize-understand sarcasm at all? 

The Guardian is merely recounting the rumours that are being reported elsewhere-- and pointing out that some of them are nuts. I know where they picked up the rubbish about selling Martins, I would like to know who originally reported the link with Thuram.

I don't understand sarcasm because I won't take a rumour seriously which is written in an article that routinely post rumours they know aren't true as a joke? :clap:

Guest toontoon

from marca:

The Newcastle will pay four million by Dragon tree

F.Q - Seville

Seville or knows that it must sell to Dragutinovic because it is the desire of the player, who or has reached an agreement with the Newcastle having received three times more than what he does in Nervión by three seasons the more another optional one.

Seville has it assimilated and it does not see with bad eyes the operation, since it will receive four million euros plus another one based on objectives. It is necessary to remember that the Serb, although finished the season very well being to title in the two end, has never been unquestionable in the Seville and that cost in its day a million euros.

That yes, Seville will not make official its sale until it signs to the substitute of the Serbian power station.

from marca:

The Newcastle will pay four million by Dragon tree

F.Q - Seville

Seville or knows that it must sell to Dragutinovic because it is the desire of the player, who or has reached an agreement with the Newcastle having received three times more than what he does in Nervión by three seasons the more another optional one.

Seville has it assimilated and it does not see with bad eyes the operation, since it will receive four million euros plus another one based on objectives. It is necessary to remember that the Serb, although finished the season very well being to title in the two end, has never been unquestionable in the Seville and that cost in its day a million euros.

That yes, Seville will not make official its sale until it signs to the substitute of the Serbian power station.

Made me chuckle :lol:

Looks like a big guy. Probably bought to play centre defence rather than LB.

I think you might see another player coming who can play both center back and left back, Allardyce likes his players versatile and it gives us more options in several positions.

Looks like a big guy. Probably bought to play centre defence rather than LB.

I think you might see another player coming who can play both center back and left back, Allardyce likes his players versatile and it gives us more options in several positions.

I still think Wayne Bridge will sign before the window closes, even though he's injured.