Allardyce - Dyer replacement revealed Thursday

Dave

Guest Gemmill

Signings!  Signings!  WE WANT SIGNINGS!

NOT THAT SIGNING!  We want ANOTHER signing!  A DIFFERENT one! 

:lol:

Think of squad building lads.  Think of having a player on the bench that can give us options.  Alan Smith will be neither first choice striker nor first choice midfielder, but he WILL give us some added depth to the squad.  Oh and stop fucking whining ffs!

seriously though, when i last counted we had 6 strikers. smith and gudjohnson are both strikers i thought. all signs point towards smith, however itll blatantly be someone completely random and suprising- like bellamy that would be a suprise  ;D or some random foreigner. i wouldnt turn my nose up at cahill or arteta as mentioned, but dream on.

Guest thebigfella

the kid spurs just signed would have been good (boateng) more likely is Jaroslav Plasil from monaco..........

Doesn't anyone believe that it could be Fletcher? Just a feeling that i i have that it "could" be him, not that he's really offensive though

Put Sneijder between two horses and pull him and make him taller and he would do for me

Think of squad building lads.  Think of having a player on the bench that can give us options.  Alan Smith will be neither first choice striker nor first choice midfielder, but he WILL give us some added depth to the squad.  Oh and stop fucking whining ffs!

£6m for a bench player when we have NO left back? Genius.

Doesn't anyone believe that it could be Fletcher? Just a feeling that i i have that it "could" be him, not that he's really offensive though

Put Sneijder between two horses and pull him and make him taller and he would do for me

He'd fucking offend me.

Guest BooBoo

Surprised at how much negative press Smith is getting. The lads a good versatile player who can play in midfield and up top. How many points have we pissed away over the years, especially away from home, as our supposed flair players- Dyer, Solano, Robert, Jenas, Pievert, Emre etc have gone missing and bottled it. Smith gives every game 100%.

Whats more, he's a top pro, never drinks and hardly likely to drag the clubs name through the mud with his off the field antics.

Think of squad building lads.  Think of having a player on the bench that can give us options.  Alan Smith will be neither first choice striker nor first choice midfielder, but he WILL give us some added depth to the squad.  Oh and stop f****** whining ffs!

Do you honestly think, when we're struggling to sign players at the minute, Allardyce is spending £6m on a player to come and sit on the bench, and to you think that said player, when he's had offers from Boro & Everton would turn them down for us if it's to do the same as what he is doing at Man Utd which is warming the bench? Very disappointed with this.

Surprised at how much negative press Smith is getting. The lads a good versatile player who can play in midfield and up top. How many points have we pissed away over the years, especially away from home, as our supposed flair players- Dyer, Solano, Robert, Jenas, Pievert, Emre etc have gone missing and bottled it. Smith gives every game 100%.

Whats more, he's a top pro, never drinks and hardly likely to drag the clubs name through the mud with his off the field antics.

But he's not actually very good.

We could get a 5th choice midfielder for nothing. Why spend 6 million on one?

Smith's just a poor mans Scott Parker he'll be getting stick in no time.

Think of squad building lads.  Think of having a player on the bench that can give us options.  Alan Smith will be neither first choice striker nor first choice midfielder, but he WILL give us some added depth to the squad.  Oh and stop f****** whining ffs!

We can throw him on when we need some legs broken and want to give away silly free kicks in dangerous positions I suppose. I've always felt we needed a player like that to round off the squad.

Guest Gemmill

£6m for a bench player when we have NO left back? Genius.

Do you HONESTLY think we're not looking at left backs then?  Do you think that's it, Sam's decided to fuck the defence off in favour of Alan Smith? 

Guest Gemmill

We could get a 5th choice midfielder for nothing. Why spend 6 million on one?

Smith's just a poor mans Scott Parker he'll be getting stick in no time.

He's already getting it and he's not even fucking signed man.

What's worrying is teams also challenging for Europe are buying DECENT players, without spending a ton.

We get some monies, and we spend it on "Smudger"

He's slow as fuck, even slower after Riise snapped his leg.

Guest Gemmill

We can throw him on when we need some legs broken and want to give away silly free kicks in dangerous positions I suppose. I've always felt we needed a player like that to round off the squad.

Whose legs has he broken?  List please.

I`m agreeing with Gemmill far too much this week.