Everything falling into place?

TRon
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Taylor will play right back if everyone is fit I reckon.

......................Given

Taylor...Cacapa...Rozenhal...Dragutinovic

.............Geremi........Barton

.....................Smith

......Viduka....................Martins

....................Owen

I like the look of that, almost a completely new team.

If we sign Smith and Sam gets a whole season out of him, he will more than have made up for Dyer leaving, as he will not play a full season at West Ham. Don't know why everyone is so down on Smith, he is a young, decent player who could make the England set-up if given a regular chance. Some people on here could have a team had won 9 premiership title's in a row, 4 F A cups, 4 League Cups and they would be baying for the manager's blood because we had lost the charity shield. Its about time they saw that moves are being made by Big Sam, and he has a lot of poor decisions to reverse from previous managers. I am sure the same people moaned last year because we only signed Duff, Oba and Sibierski and yet this year they are moaning because we have signed Viduka, Barton, Geremi, Rozenhal and are going for Smith and Cacapa. These are the kind of people who are only happy when they whinge!  :tickedoff:

BITCHES LEAVE!

http://www.tdr.ee/pilt/pildid/795159robocop-792844.jpg   Only Kidding  O0

Bunch of moaning fishwives some of the lads on here.....

only kidding  ;D

Is that a come on?  :parky:  :smitten:

Depends  :coolsmiley: do you look more like Robocop or more like the muppet avatar? mackems.gif :smitten:

That ain't no Muppet that's Cocknose! You can make your own conclusions!

And I look like Brad Pitt's twin sister!

My team for the start of the current season is below. Looks all good but I still want a very good left back and a world class Right winger. I am hoping for Deco and Shorey/Drenthe.

Given

Gerami Taylor Rozenhal   ?

?       Smith Barton Luque

Owen Martins

Subs: Harps, Dragutinovic, Cacapa, Viduka, Milner, Zog.

Sorry, but that line up & formation would get overpowered at Bolton & Barton is injured. Luque ahead of Milner & Zog?????????. Owen & Martins up front will not work as a pair.

....................Owen

Agree looks a very dangerous looking side! If it does end up like that!

As a 433:

Given

Taylor      Rozehnal    Cacapa    Drago

Butt

Geremi

Barton

Milner          Viduka      Martins

....................Owen

zero creativity in that team and no width

Smith and two aging defenders, one with injury problems, nothing to shout about imo.

Better than nothing though.

realism doesn't go down as well as rose tinted specs

....................Owen

zero creativity in that team and no width

As nufc's only decent PL experienced CB i think Taylor will defeinelty play Centre half all season with an accompanying centre half, my guess is that it will be Rozy, i also dont think Smith should be given a starting birth, there doesn't seem to be any balance in that side (4 forwards and at least 1 combative up and down midfielder)

Smith and two aging defenders, one with injury problems, nothing to shout about imo.

I agree but considering our squad and general situation last year would you not agree we are in a better and more promising position.

Of course we need more/better players but in my opinion we have made a big step forward, do you agree?

I agree but considering our squad and general situation last year would you not agree we are in a better and more promising position.

Of course we need more/better players but in my opinion we have made a big step forward, do you agree?

think quality not quantity.

People were happy when we bought Boumsong and Babayaro because we needed defenders, remember ?

Does it occur to anyone that the reason we haven't bought players who can step straight into the premiership, for instance, is because we won't pay the going rate ?

It doesn't take a genius to work out where that path will lead.

Time will tell. One thing is for sure though, if we are still buying players in this price bracket in 12 months time, people will be crying out for trophy quality signings.

I'm happy with Allardyce, but thats all at the moment.

Guest toonlass

If we sign Smith and Sam gets a whole season out of him, he will more than have made up for Dyer leaving, as he will not play a full season at West Ham. Don't know why everyone is so down on Smith, he is a young, decent player who could make the England set-up if given a regular chance. Some people on here could have a team had won 9 premiership title's in a row, 4 F A cups, 4 League Cups and they would be baying for the manager's blood because we had lost the charity shield. Its about time they saw that moves are being made by Big Sam, and he has a lot of poor decisions to reverse from previous managers. I am sure the same people moaned last year because we only signed Duff, Oba and Sibierski and yet this year they are moaning because we have signed Viduka, Barton, Geremi, Rozenhal and are going for Smith and Cacapa. These are the kind of people who are only happy when they whinge!  :tickedoff:

BITCHES LEAVE!

only kidding  ;D

Depends  :coolsmiley: do you look more like Robocop or more like the muppet avatar? mackems.gif :smitten:

What the hell's a cocknose????  :undecided:

Guest Deep456

My team for the start of the current season is below. Looks all good but I still want a very good left back and a world class Right winger. I am hoping for Deco and Shorey/Drenthe.

Given

Gerami Taylor Rozenhal   ?

?       Smith Barton Luque

Owen Martins

Subs: Harps, Dragutinovic, Cacapa, Viduka, Milner, Zog.

Sorry, but that line up & formation would get overpowered at Bolton & Barton is injured. Luque ahead of Milner & Zog?????????. Owen & Martins up front will not work as a pair.

Your saying Owen and Martins won't work based on what? Two games at the end of the season when Owen just came back from a massive injury surely your joking. Milner does not play on the left wing and Luque now is coming back to his best and at his best he is one of the best left wingers in the world. Also that formation was just a general team I wasn't lining it up against Bolton.

Guest toonlass

Still concerned, seen v. little of the two defenders and i dont know what to do with Smith

Play him in the midfield for Newcastle when Barton, Duff, etc are all out injured????

Guest stb654

Drago and Cacapa good signings, Smith an utter waste of money.

Agreed. There goes the money-wise transfer window we were having.

Scott Parker and all that..

BITCHES LEAVE!

only kidding  ;D

Watch Bo Selecta, then you'll understand!

People were happy when we bought Boumsong and Babayaro because we needed defenders, remember ?

Does it occur to anyone that the reason we haven't bought players who can step straight into the premiership, for instance, is because we won't pay the going rate ?

Time will tell. One thing is for sure though, if we are still buying players in this price bracket in 12 months time, people will be crying out for trophy quality signings.

ATM we need a bit of both. We need quantity as much as quality, so for now, this small spending will do. If its smart spending then it will be a good basis for next season when we can then be a bit more luxurious on who we go for and bring in some top players. But it does all add up to not that much in the way of funds being released right now, thats ok as long as its only for now and its not going to continue like that throughout the new reign. The going rate is out of our reach for whatever reason right now, which makes spending £6m on Smith even more rediculous.

I'm happy with our manager so far as well, a lot needs doing, but not just by him, lets hope both parties are finally working together instead of walking down different paths which they have done so far.

Guest toonlass

BITCHES LEAVE!

only kidding  ;D

Ahhhh, thank you.....

I still think you lads are a bunch of moaning minnies though,  ;D

You should all cheer up a bit, I am a lot more confident about this season than I was at the end of last. I think the changes in personel, getting the likes of Bramble and Dyer out(who I think were bad influences to younger players, and caused problems in the dressing room), selling Parker to West Ham and the possibilty of having a bloke with proper captain's ability in charge on the field, plus the additional players aquired will make a big difference. Put it this way, Kieran Richardson or Alan Smith???? I know who I would have. Michael Chopra or Mark Viduka????

Squad coming together now.

Geremi Taylor Rozenahl Dragu

Is a big improvement from last year. Also rumours of us bidding 3m for Poupa Diop, that'd be fantastic, a diop-barton central midfield is quite desirable.

I certainly hope that those three deals go through, Smith would provide decent backup but I don't think we should spend 6 mil on him, however I trust  Big Sam to build his team, and if he can realise Smith's potential which he showed at Leeds then we'll have a quality player on our hands.

I agree, but I don't think now is the time for 'trophy' signings, I think we've made some practical common sense signings to lay the foundations of the team and squad. Once we've settled down into what becomes accepted as our best first sixteen it'll be easier to assess where we could do with some real class to accentuate the talents currently at our disposal.

Does it not occur to you that maybe a club that has just finished the season in 13th and has no European football to offer might be down the list of clubs that some players might want to play for?

BITCHES LEAVE!

only kidding  ;D

Ahhhh, thank you.....

I still think you lads are a bunch of moaning minnies though,  ;D

You should all cheer up a bit, I am a lot more confident about this season than I was at the end of last. I think the changes in personel, getting the likes of Bramble and Dyer out(who I think were bad influences to younger players, and caused problems in the dressing room), selling Parker to West Ham and the possibilty of having a bloke with proper captain's ability in charge on the field, plus the additional players aquired will make a big difference. Put it this way, Kieran Richardson or Alan Smith???? I know who I would have. Michael Chopra or Mark Viduka????

What in a 3 some?

Your not one of the Whitley Bay Watch groupies are ya?