Dede latest LB to be linked

SUPERTOON

http://www.goal.com/en/Articolo.aspx?ContenutoId=371029

Newcastle In For Dede

Newcastle are believed to be interested in Borussia Dortmund's Dede.

The Brazilian fullback, who has one cap for his country, is currently contracted to Borussia Dortmund, who have slapped an asking price of €10million on his head.

Magpies’ manager Sam Allardyce is keen to sign a top-quality left-back this summer and has been alerted to Dede, after a proposed move to Italian giants AS Roma collapsed at the last moment.

“The amount they offered just wasn’t acceptable to us,” Dortmund’s sport director Michael Zorc told Ruhr Nachrichten. “We were not prepared to sell him for less than €10million (£6.75m).”

The 29-year-old has played over 250 times for Dortmund, and if he stays with the club will be about to start his tenth season at the Westfalenstadion – unless Allardyce succeeds in his pursuit of the player.

Nah, can't see it happening. With Cacapa & Drago all but confirmed, I'd imagine if we're to sign another defender now, it'll be a right-back.

Is Drago all but confirmed? Are Marca THAT reliable?

Drago is nowhere near confirmed last i heard (unless something happened in the last couple of hours) he was training with his team and nothing has been talked about this side about him.

Dede for near enough Heinze price is madness, considering he nearly left on a free not so long ago. Good player from what i remember but that was 5 years ago.

Guest Guinness

Don't see this one being true, I seem to remember Chelsea being interested a couple of seasons ago but running into problems regarding his work permit.

Would be a decent bit of business if we somehow pulled it off though.

Nah, can't see it happening. With Cacapa & Drago all but confirmed, I'd imagine if we're to sign another defender now, it'll be a right-back.

Marca got the Saviola to Real Madrid story about 2 months before he signed, and when we signed Luque, they were about 2 days ahead of our press.

I seem to remember Chelsea being interested a couple of seasons ago but running into problems regarding his work permit.

He's lived in Germany now for 9 years, so I don't see how a work permit can be a problem.

Marca got the Saviola to Real Madrid story about 2 months before he signed, and when we signed Luque, they were about 2 days ahead of our press.

Fair enough, they are a paper aren't they?

Just don't want to get too excited over a deal that could end up being a load of crap :D

Fair enough, they are a paper aren't they?

Just don't want to get too excited over a deal that could end up being a load of crap :D

Yeah, it's a daily sports newspaper. A bit like L'Equipe in France. This was from the website today...

La lesión de Javi Navarro y la más que segura venta de Dragutinovic al Newcastle han hecho que el Sevilla se mueva a marchas forzadas para buscar un central.

in English...

The departure of Javi Navarro and the more than certain transfer of Dragutinovic to Newcastle has made Sevilla move in the market to find a central defender.

I've always wondered why Britain doesn't have a dedicated sports paper.

Italy has the Gazetto dello Sport

France has L'Equipe

Spain has Marca.

Why dont we have one?

We do, the Daily Sport. :razz:

France has L'Equipe

Spain has Marca.

Why dont we have one?

We do, the Daily Sport. :razz:

:lol:

I guess it's because we have tabloids which isn't really common in Europe which cover sport pretty intensively anyway.

France has L'Equipe

Spain has Marca.

Why dont we have one?

Because if they had a full time sports paper it would be less easy for them to make up stories on the spot.  They might actually have to do research and inteviews....journalism and stuff.  Who can be bothered with that?

We did do the Sportsman,  last year.  It was half betting and half sports news,  but sales were shit,  and it folded within a few months.

Theres basically not enough sports news per day to make people want to buy it,  and to stop buying the sun/mirror etc for their sports news.  Plus the starting price would have to be about a pound ( like the Sportsman was),  cos no advertisers would pay the same ammount for a paper with no proven circulation.

:angel: