Baines signs for Everton

Guest hindu times

definitely take Baines.  Perhaps Sam and Mortal think they're on a roll?

Drago deal getting closer perhaps? (for some reason i really want this guy ???)

yeah, me too, especially after reading he was meant to be hard as f***.  Won't get pushed around and turned too easily like Ramage

aye me too. Big strong, takes no shit, can see him hurting a few bastards next season, is not a bad thing to have in defense, even at LB.

From the Mirror -

"Sam Allardyce is winning his battle of wills with Newcastle's board after striking twice in the summer market.

Manchester United's Alan Smith and Lyon skipper Cacapa were both on Tyneside undergoing medicals last night.

And the duo could even make their debuts against Serie A giants Sampdoria in Sunday's St James' Park friendly.

More good news for the Toon faithful is that Allardyce has jumped to the front of the queue for Wigan left-back Leighton Baines - and will pay £6m for the youngster he has fancied since taking his new job."

mackems.gif

For a grand total of nothing.

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11095_2638462,00.html

Baines would be fantastic with this little lot.

Anything after that would be absolutely fantastic!

Someone has already jumped the gun on wiki

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ivica_Dragutinovi%C4%87

listed as newcastle's new number 3!

Do not know why people have the obsession of editing Wiki entries before things have even happened. ???

Anyone tell me the satisfaction they get from doing it? I guess a fair few people on here do it, god knows why, just make us look totally fuking stupid when it doesn't come off, ie Deco. Morons.  :rolleyes:

some saddo is paid to check over any edits anyway, won't be up for long

I could deal with Carr (especially Carr v2008) at right back.

Admitedly he would be the weak link there, but for the past 2 seasons he has been the better of the full backs - and thats not a compliment! So if Carr stays and we have significantly improved the other 3 defensive positions then I'm satisified (until January anyway!)

The MEN news is usually spot on with its transfer stories.

:nope:

Linked us with Crouch, Zigic, Yakubu, Dragutinovic, Castillo, Chiellini, Santa Cruz, Dyer, Baines, Silvestre, Taiwo, Faye...as well as completely missing the boat on half the players we have signed... :huff:

From the Mirror -

"Sam Allardyce is winning his battle of wills with Newcastle's board after striking twice in the summer market.

Manchester United's Alan Smith and Lyon skipper Cacapa were both on Tyneside undergoing medicals last night.

And the duo could even make their debuts against Serie A giants Sampdoria in Sunday's St James' Park friendly.

More good news for the Toon faithful is that Allardyce has jumped to the front of the queue for Wigan left-back Leighton Baines - and will pay £6m for the youngster he has fancied since taking his new job."

mackems.gif

For a grand total of nothing.

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11095_2638462,00.html

Baines would be fantastic with this little lot.

Anything after that would be absolutely fantastic!

Someone has already jumped the gun on wiki

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ivica_Dragutinovi%C4%87

listed as newcastle's new number 3!

Do not know why people have the obsession of editing Wiki entries before things have even happened. ???

Anyone tell me the satisfaction they get from doing it? I guess a fair few people on here do it, god knows why, just make us look totally fuking stupid when it doesn't come off, ie Deco. Morons.  :rolleyes:

some saddo is paid to check over any edits anyway, won't be up for long

Must get fuking annoyed.  :lol: Imaging how pissed off he is during the tansfer window!  bluelaugh.gif

I could deal with Carr (especially Carr v2008) at right back.

Admitedly he would be the weak link there, but for the past 2 seasons he has been the better of the full backs - and thats not a compliment! So if Carr stays and we have significantly improved the other 3 defensive positions then I'm satisified (until January anyway!)

I ear marked Geremi for the RB role, but it looks like he's seen in the centre, which he's also very good at, but Carr actually looked sharper, fitter, younger, faster, more aware and up for it in pre season, so yeah, i'd like to see if we can get a stop gap year out of him at least, possibly more.

But on the other hand i'd be delighted if we signed a proper RB and sold him.

"This is the financial opportunity of my life and do not want to reject it," Dragutinovic said.

At least he doesnt piss around! ;D

Well at his age you can't. Not knowing his career but he's obviously had a slowish start so he's not being paid a great deal, now he gets the chance to secure his life, hopefully he's going to repay us with some special performances. Fingers crossed.

Guest Breezer

Geremi, Barton, Butt, Viduka... Smith, Drago & Casapa. set of big and tough players! unlike some like Ramage and Dyer!

Guest DazzaNufc1892

great news, not too sure of him defensively, but the good thing is as a wing back, you learn how to defend, its not a natural thing like a terry or a woodgate, where that bravery and love for the position is inbred.

back 3 anyone?

cacapa rozenhal serb

milner                      baines

Looking good.

Baines at left-back, but Drago stepping in when we face tougher more offensive opponents. Similar to the way Manu alternated between Evra and Heinze.

Also have the option of switching to a 3-5-2 with a back three of Cacapa, Roz and Drago like NSG pointed out.

All of a sudden things are really looking up. Exciting stuff.

Guest sombrero

would be great to av him but if only things can flow!, like i wish theyd just confirm smith and casapa today so we can just concentrate on netting drago and baines ! would seriously be a great set of sinigng imo i hATE WAITING

would be great to av him but if only things can flow!, like i wish theyd just confirm smith and casapa today so we can just concentrate on netting drago and baines ! would seriously be a great set of sinigng imo i hATE WAITING

Allardyce said he has no patience, and wants to work as quickly as he can, unlike Roeder.

Guest LucasUnger

my words

Guest Northern Boys Love Gravy!

my words

I didnt see nothing mentioned on SSN this morning when i was have a look  :-[

Can't wait to see the Sunderland reaction if this does come off.

:lol:

Roy Keane especially.

It's mint when we get the players that Sunderland and Boro want.

Aye, would have been mint if we'd got Richardson and Chopra for a bargain 12 million ;)

Guest toontoon

MEN were right on the smith deal so hopefully there right on this.  A cracking signing if true.

Taylor    Rozehnal Cacapa    Drago/Baines

great news, not too sure of him defensively, but the good thing is as a wing back, you learn how to defend, its not a natural thing like a terry or a woodgate, where that bravery and love for the position is inbred.

Indeed, 2 finer examples of inbreeding you couldn't hope to find.

In light of signing Capaca and Drago I think Baines would be a good edition to the squad. Now if we could get a right back in that can replace Carr it would be great. Then again am I now being too greedy?

Nah, fuck it.  Let's sign a right back.  If we want decent players and cover in all areas of the pitch, we need a right back too.

Capaca, Drago, Baines, Smith... plus a right back.  If these signings come off then I'm very pleased.